Animal rights activists to protest against the meat dress

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

861zw.gif

I can't with this :ladyhaha:

I mean like...they have good intentions but gurl it's the wrong target and wrong time; it was f*cking years ago

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

VOLANTIS

TFM fans when they have had enough of the Joanne era and wants to remind her of the ridiculousness aesthetic in her artistry hoping it'd stir something in her making her dial RedOne. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Andrea B

i'm vegetarian and they need to get over it. Gaga made a wrong decision in my opinion but its been 8 years

prince
1 hour ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

absolutely. It was to show everybody: "ohh, you like to wear real fur? here's what you really got on your shoulders". It was a way to show that fur might seem clean and chic, but you're actually wearing blood, meat and a dead soul on you

1 hour ago, August Blue said:

One of them is to show people that wear real fur or leather what they are really wearing. 

So someone better tell this animal rights group to do their research. 

Since when was this the meaning?! When Gaga was on Ellen she spoke about gay rights and said that if we don't stand up for the things we believe in and we don't fight for equality we're nothing but pieces of meat. I've never heard the fur theory before, I thought the only statement she made against fur was the kermit the frog outfit?

NIGHTCRAWLER
1 minute ago, prince said:

Since when was this the meaning?! When Gaga was on Ellen she spoke about gay rights and said that if we don't stand up for the things we believe in and we don't fight for equality we're nothing but pieces of meat. I've never heard the fur theory before, I thought the only statement she made against fur was the kermit the frog outfit?

well this explanation is kind of lame (I know that it's what she said herself) but why would she dress with meat saying that we're meat if we do nothing considering the fact that she has been protesting for a long time? I mean, since she fought for her rights, she's not a piece of meat so she shouldn't have dressed herself with meat.

I prefer to take the interpretation of the fur and the leather, even though it was not the first purpose.

Irrelevant

Why can't they just go into a McDonalds and throw spinach on everyone

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

prince
4 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

well this explanation is kind of lame (I know that it's what she said herself) but why would she dress with meat saying that we're meat if we do nothing considering the fact that she has been protesting for a long time? I mean, since she fought for her rights, she's not a piece of meat so she shouldn't have dressed herself with meat.

I prefer to take the interpretation of the fur and the leather, even though it was not the first purpose.

This makes sense! I see how this interpretation would work because it's more literal and it does make sense. 

I think the point was to show what we're like if we do nothing and say nothing, the meat on our bones is pointless if we do nothing with it. To be fair we should probably look to Nicola Formichetti for the meaning because he basically came up with it lmao. 

The dress that needs no introduction, during his time as Lady Gaga's stylist, Nicola is the renegade stylist behind one of the red carpet's most infamous look. "I did a shoot with her before and we created this meat bikini, and I was chatting with her about what we were going to do for the VMAs. "Don't ask, don't tell' was happening and she wanted to do something that said, "We're all the same, we're all pieces of meat." She was like, "Let's do a red carpet version of the bikini." Yes of course it's a big statement, but we didn't know it was going to go that big. 

NIGHTCRAWLER
3 minutes ago, prince said:

This makes sense! I see how this interpretation would work because it's more literal and it does make sense. 

I think the point was to show what we're like if we do nothing and say nothing, the meat on our bones is pointless if we do nothing with it. To be fair we should probably look to Nicola Formichetti for the meaning because he basically came up with it lmao. 

The dress that needs no introduction, during his time as Lady Gaga's stylist, Nicola is the renegade stylist behind one of the red carpet's most infamous look. "I did a shoot with her before and we created this meat bikini, and I was chatting with her about what we were going to do for the VMAs. "Don't ask, don't tell' was happening and she wanted to do something that said, "We're all the same, we're all pieces of meat." She was like, "Let's do a red carpet version of the bikini." Yes of course it's a big statement, but we didn't know it was going to go that big. 

of course there's this third meaning that we're all the same at the end of the day, no matter our origine, our color, our sexual orientation, etc. I guess there's many meanings behind that dress, we just have to find 'em

LePetitGAGABLover

But the meat is still technically alive?:diane:

Its jerky, yes, but its gonna live forever at that museum 

VOLANTIS

Gaga is a changed woman. Don't call her Gaga. Call her Joanne. The simpleton who in repentance has devoted her life to a farm raising chickens. :diane: 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

idk why... but i still don't think that it's even an actual MEAT dress.. she can say it how much she likes but i just have a feeling that it's really made of latex or something.

Archived