Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
other

Liza Koshy mocks Chinese culture and more

phillipaf

Featured Posts

Reality
6 minutes ago, phillipaf said:

No obviously not. Liza Koshy is a comic. It's literally her job to make jokes. Just because I made this (very) sarcastic thread about something that absolutely doesn't matter she get's publicity. It's the same with the Paul brothers. I really don't think it's worth it to bother about what the **** they're up to. Even if it is oh so upsetting. We give them this huge stage when we're discussing it, they benefit from us. Their careers won't die because they made some stupid jokes, that nobody thought were funny. It's just not worth it. That's what I was trying to point out. We can't be butthurt about everything. As with the Liza Koshy jokes, one (or many) could take it the wrong way. It's just not everybody's cup of tea. Humour is humour, sometimes it's funny, sometimes it isn't. 

To clarify: what Logan did in Japan and what Jake did when he rapped is not funny imo. I guess everybody agrees on that. But why bother? :fthis:

I get that this was supposed to be satirical, and I can understand the viewpoint that by talking about them, we're only making their presence more well-known, but at the same time, they need to be held responsible for what they do.

This isn't some humorous skit or anything (and I know you're saying that it isn't funny—which it obviously isn't—but from their point of view it is). They need to learn that what they do and post is watched by literally millions of people. Their fans also need to know what kind of people they are too. In my opinion, they deserve all the negative attention their getting, and they need to get much more.

🃏🖤👹

phillipaf
8 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

This isn't some humorous skit or anything (and I know you're saying that it isn't funny—which it obviously isn't—but from their point of view it is). They need to learn that what they do and post is watched by literally millions of people. Their fans also need to know what kind of people they are too. In my opinion, they deserve all the negative attention their getting, and they need to get much more.

Well, this, obviously! 

But on the other hand, it's always hard to argue about jokes and etc. I honestly think that they were not aware that they could be held accountable for their "humour". They do now, I hope. They should be made aware of their awful taste (their fans as well). 

Tbh, I don't know why they're famous and what they might have done before (I don't really care either), but solely judging by the Japan thing and the rap thing  it's a terrible thing to tear them down this bad, regardless of how distasteful their jokes have been. Everybody makes great mistakes at some point. 

Edit: I just looked them up and oh dear lord what the ****. 

Reality
2 minutes ago, phillipaf said:

Well, this, obviously! 

But on the other hand, it's always hard to argue about jokes and etc. I honestly think that they were not aware that they could be held accountable for their "humour". They do now, I hope. They should be made aware of their awful taste (their fans as well). 

Tbh, I don't know why they're famous and what they might have done before, but solely judging by the Japan thing and the rap thing (I don't really care either) it's a terrible thing to tear them down this bad, regardless of how distasteful their jokes have been. Everybody makes great mistakes at some point

Edit: I just looked them up and oh dear lord what the ****. 

To be honest, I think it's justified that people are so hard on them though. I haven't watched their content, but from what I've seen, they seem to be like those "prankster" type YouTubers. The Japan thing didn't seem like a "prank" or anything. It just seemed like a couple of idiots running around Japan thinking they can do and say whatever they want.

Yeah, they're pretty terrible, but I don't feel sorry for them whatsoever that they're getting all this backlash. 

🃏🖤👹

Nigiricombo

Nothing in the video mocks our culture though. It was more of a stereotype than culture, and obviously meant to be comedic. So I don’t find her joke offensive at all.  

Unlike logan, she didn’t prance around in a qi pao or mock the food that we eat.

1 hour ago, phillipaf said:

"I'm the mood to go to China but I don't have enough gas [...] so instead we're going to my favourite Chinese store. That's right, to the dollar store."

but isnt that the tea 

tenor.gif?itemid=8781389

That's Gossip

JoanneMonster

Liza always makes jokes about everything but she doesn't disrespect.

She's like half indian and she also makes jokes about indian culture with no bad intentions

I See You

Archived