Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Mariah Carey is #1 on GLOBAL Spotify

SlayGagaloo

Featured Posts

SlayGagaloo
Just now, AlexanderMagno said:

It's amazing, almost out-of-this-world, how this song has become an all-time classic Christmas song. I can't imagine a modern day's pop star having a Christmas standard. Mariah did it (even if it's from the 90s, she still is a modern day's diva). Really impressive.

it's super catchy and it appealed easily to the younger generation.

Well-deserved :golfclap:

Over.

Teal Ambition

It’s a timeless hit :tony: It sounds fresh every Christmas :firega:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

zakariah
53 minutes ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

It keeps getting bigger every Christmas. It's a classic.

It better reach #1 next year then :gaycat:

LordEnigma
2 hours ago, Mario Salas said:

ok but I just can't stand it, I just don't, always skip it lol

Doesn’t mean it’s not a classic

StrawberryBlond

It's astonishing how this song just gets more popular every year. Sure, there's the argument that a new generation hears it every year but generations are a decade apart and there's more interest in it every year, not every 10 years and the song's only been out for just two and a half generations. It just shows what a phenomenon it is. I think it's such a happy song that gets so many people in the festive mood, especially the final bridge of "all the lights are shining so brightly everywhere, everyone is singing, I can hear those sleigh bells ringing" bit, I think that sounds so joyous. No other modern Christmas song has come this close to being a phenomenon. Will it be the last ever, who knows? But whatever, it's nice for a female artist who's well past the age of what is deemed relevant still manage to become massively relevant every year because of a Christmas song. It also ensures the song's Vevo upload will keep rising for years to come as well for her. I look at video statistics and this video gets crazy amounts of millions of views as soon as December rolls around every year. It gained nearly 500k likes in just 3 weeks or so and its going to rise as she performs on New Year's Rockin' Eve as well. It's the same every year, so this video might be close to 2 million likes by this time next year and increase the years after that. I always think it's nice to see old songs getting more views and likes on YouTube because it's a shame to see so many old hits just not translate to interest in the current day in favour of the new songs.

6 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

It's amazing, almost out-of-this-world, how this song has become an all-time classic Christmas song. I can't imagine a modern day's pop star having a Christmas standard. Mariah did it (even if it's from the 90s, she still is a modern day's diva). Really impressive.

True, I don't see any singers now or in the future achieving such a thing. Sure, the likes of Susan Boyle and Michael Buble did well with their Christmas albums but that was covers of standards. I just don't see a demand for new Christmas music. Even Justin Beiber's Christmas album became forgotten as soon as the new year came and it's like everyone forgets he even did it, even his own fans. You'd think out of all the modern popstars who could create a new classic, it'd be a commercial success like him, but no. It's a shame that it can't be done anymore because I've listened to Leona Lewis's Christmas With Love album every year since it came out. It's a short album but the biggest classics are there and she's got 3 new songs on it. Mr Right isn't that great but Your Hallelujah is so tear-jerking and One More Sleep is such a happy sounding song and deserves to be as big as All I Want For Christmas. I think she was really inspired by that song and wanted to try to create her own version of the same topic and I think it's just as good if not better. The song is played in stores during the season and it always re-charts in the UK in December in the lower rungs but it's not a classic and no one outside the country's heard of it. If any new song deserves to be a Christmas standard, it's this one.

BlingNotTheMusic
30 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's astonishing how this song just gets more popular every year. Sure, there's the argument that a new generation hears it every year but generations are a decade apart and there's more interest in it every year, not every 10 years and the song's only been out for just two and a half generations. It just shows what a phenomenon it is. I think it's such a happy song that gets so many people in the festive mood, especially the final bridge of "all the lights are shining so brightly everywhere, everyone is singing, I can hear those sleigh bells ringing" bit, I think that sounds so joyous. No other modern Christmas song has come this close to being a phenomenon. Will it be the last ever, who knows? But whatever, it's nice for a female artist who's well past the age of what is deemed relevant still manage to become massively relevant every year because of a Christmas song. It also ensures the song's Vevo upload will keep rising for years to come as well for her. I look at video statistics and this video gets crazy amounts of millions of views as soon as December rolls around every year. It gained nearly 500k likes in just 3 weeks or so and its going to rise as she performs on New Year's Rockin' Eve as well. It's the same every year, so this video might be close to 2 million likes by this time next year and increase the years after that. I always think it's nice to see old songs getting more views and likes on YouTube because it's a shame to see so many old hits just not translate to interest in the current day in favour of the new songs.

True, I don't see any singers now or in the future achieving such a thing. Sure, the likes of Susan Boyle and Michael Buble did well with their Christmas albums but that was covers of standards. I just don't see a demand for new Christmas music. Even Justin Beiber's Christmas album became forgotten as soon as the new year came and it's like everyone forgets he even did it, even his own fans. You'd think out of all the modern popstars who could create a new classic, it'd be a commercial success like him, but no. It's a shame that it can't be done anymore because I've listened to Leona Lewis's Christmas With Love album every year since it came out. It's a short album but the biggest classics are there and she's got 3 new songs on it. Mr Right isn't that great but Your Hallelujah is so tear-jerking and One More Sleep is such a happy sounding song and deserves to be as big as All I Want For Christmas. I think she was really inspired by that song and wanted to try to create her own version of the same topic and I think it's just as good if not better. The song is played in stores during the season and it always re-charts in the UK in December in the lower rungs but it's not a classic and no one outside the country's heard of it. If any new song deserves to be a Christmas standard, it's this one.

tenor.gif?itemid=5930837

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5930837

What's that reaction for? Is it just because it's so long? It's not like I said anything shady, so what gives?

BlingNotTheMusic
26 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

What's that reaction for? Is it just because it's so long? It's not like I said anything shady, so what gives?

Sorry just being #cryptic like our cult leader. No shade to you, I just find it amazing that Mariah has to rely on a 2 decade old song to top the charts. :reductive:

Archived