💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Pure Heroine vs Melodrama: Better Album

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

domixwodix

Melodrama metascore 91?

damn i knew it was overrated, but like that?

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarlightSeiya

Definitely Pure Heroine. Melanoma had no impact on me like PH did. It just doesn't have the same impact that PH had. Like come on..Glory and Gore...RIBS!..Buzzcut SEASON!!..400 LUX :giveup: ALL GOOD

The ONLY track I can go back to on Melanoma is Loveless and thats an outro to a horrible song. Green Light is kinda cute. THAT's IT!!

Melanoma is overrated and that's that on that.

Bone Apple Tea bebe

ItsTommyBitch

Critics are not afraid to tear people down who are set up for excellence, idk what ya'll are smoking :rip: If Melodrama wasn't a supremely produced record with great lyrics, melodies, and message, it wouldn't be receiving the credit its receiving :air: Look at the reviews, read them actually discussing the music and not just Lorde's (actually quite waning) celebrity :gum:

Melodrama is the "better" album as a whole, but PH to me has more charm as being an on the dot metacritical album about celebrity and culture from a teenager way wiser than her age. Lorde and I are like the same age and going back to both albums I feel so weird about how much they related to my own mental state and maturity at the time of both of their releases :giveup: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Edonis

Pure Heroine. Melodrama was a great album and had cleaner production and sounds, but Pure Heroine resonated with me a little bit more. I like every song on that album as opposed to Melodrama which has some songs that I routinely skip. Still, both are good records all in all. 

Thomas P
1 hour ago, that juju said:

we may be the only two people on this entire site who experienced that album the same, because "disappointment" is the one singular word that comes to mind. I love that people enjoyed it, I just hope that's because they actually like the music and not just the accolades it got instantaneously...

It got critical acclaim, but zero accolades (other than one Grammy nod). The album flopped hard.

I still think that it’s the best piece of music since Lemonade, and them two are my two favourite albums ever. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Anderson123

Melodrama, in my opinion. I liked Lorde's music before that album, especially the songs Royals, Ribs, Team and Buzzcut Season but I wasn't that attached to Pure Heroine because she was "just another new artist" at that time to me. When Lorde announced her new album I gave Green Light a chance and I liked it, I thought it was a nice change to her sound. Liability was on another level, same with Perfect Places.

When I listened to the album in full I couldn't believe how perfect it was. The tracklist is so well put together, it's like all of the 11 tracks have their place on the album and it tells a story. On top of that it has probably the best cover I've seen in years, probably my favorite of all time.

The answer is pretty subjective though. It's like when they talk about what is Gaga's best album. Everyone has a different opinion.

djBuffoon

"Royals" and "Team" are better than anything on Melodrama, but Melodrama is a more consistently beguiling album for me. 

Tommy Monster

Melodrama is a lyrical and musical masterpiece :firega: not to mention its coherent theme, its exploration and a smooth run of the album, it´s just pure perfection :giveup:

Decodekid

there's something about Pure Heroine that makes it unique, i love Melodrama but Pure Heroine is tha album, so simple so unique so fresh :giveup:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Archived