đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Melanie Martinez accused of rape

Stef

Featured Posts

TheJoanneJoker
2 hours ago, MJHolland said:

To @ZiggyZiggs , @Beytwice , and @IAMSOPOP I wanted to share some words with you before that other duplicate thread was closed. @ReginaGeorge .

We should get one thing straight; none of us personally knows either party involved in this situation. We have nothing to gain or lose here.

That is why it is absolutely important that we listen to both sides. We do not know, and will likely never know for certain, what happened those few nights.

The most important thing that we do going forward and to demonstrate respect. Especially in a she-said-she-said situation.

What we should absolutely NOT do is baselessly attack potential victims of sexual assault. 

Real victims of sexual assault are watching you attack this woman. They are watching you call her a faker. They are watching you call her greedy and attention seeking. They are watching you say 'she didn't do enough to stop the rape'.

They are watching you say and do these things while they contemplate whether or not they come forward with their own experiences. This is in no way what we want. This is why people go years with undisclosed pain. 

It is fine to withhold judgment of Martinez. It is not fine to baselessly attack accusers. 

I agree with you. I have to mention that most of the time I MENTIONED that I'm neutral in this case and I literally spoke for both sides, certainly saying that there is no clear evidence that supports any of the sides and that the backlash MM got is extremely wrong and I'm sure it has a huge, horrible impact on her and I also stated that destroying her life ( this is what people are doing right now ) is not a solution and it sucks.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheJoanneJoker

I was shocked to wake up this morning to that news and at the moment I feel horrible for Melanie Martinez. I feel horrible for both of them, being in such a situation is anything but fun, but MM's is clearly so much worse right now and people have to stop doing what they're doing. Afterall she's a human being and has feelings, goddamn, I bet she's suffering so bad right now... I really feel horrible for Melanie...

6 minutes ago, Lil Mxnster said:

Imagine if one of this terrible stories came from a person related to the Haus, who claimed he/she was raped for Gaga :emma: I can already imagine, tbh 

It sorta happened in the past when Gaga’s old assistant accused her of some weird sht. It had to do with making her sleep with Gaga and cuddle. She could have easily also added some false accusations too. 

It’s  like everyone forgot about that. 

Obviously it was false and this assistant just wanted money.

They went to court. 

MJHolland
1 hour ago, Bloody said:

That's what I was thinking too when I checked her social medias..twitter and isnta.

She gained many followers and got some exposure. And she has a single out. These things make me kind of doubtful for her story and intentions..

Being an aspiring musician doesn't mean you're a liar about sexual assault.

You should respect both sides here. This woman has friends she told years ago about this event.

I cannot stress enough how important that it is that we not openly and baselessly deny and doubt accusers on circumstantial strawman points. 

Survivors of sexual assault are reading your comment. There are certainly survivors on this site that can see what you just said and are now less likely to come forward with their experience.

We should all try to be more compassionate, withhold judgment, and make our number one priority to make sure a potential victim is supported and being cared for.

raginchristians
23 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Being an aspiring musician doesn't mean you're a liar about sexual assault.

I honestly hate how this needs to be brought up :saladga: it's probably not Timothy's #1 priority right now to scrub her socials of all mentions of her music career so she gets 0 promo from this whole situation like some people on Twitter expect her to do :saladga:

OT: my heart goes out to Timothy, it takes a lot to talk about rape like that, and I truly hope she's getting the love and support she'd need right now irl and isn't getting too much hate from diehard crybabies for it all :cryga:

I also hope y'all who dragged male abusers before but are siding with Mel now cause ur bussy popped to Mad Hater realise the clownery of your ways real soon :interestinga:

he/they

Whispering
1 hour ago, IAMSOPOP said:

It sorta happened in the past when Gaga’s old assistant accused her of some weird sht. It had to do with making her sleep with Gaga and cuddle. She could have easily also added some false accusations too. 

It’s  like everyone forgot about that. 

Obviously it was false and this assistant just wanted money.

They went to court. 

No, it did not "sorta happen". There was nothing about cuddling. There was no rape accusation. There was no accusation of sexual assault. Quit comparing two situations that have nothing to do with each other. 

11 hours ago, ryanripley said:

:awkney: her story turned out to be true so i wouldn't go bashing her for being a victim yet

That's not the point. The point is that she's so Cringey she seems to have a victim mentality, even before she talked about her alleged sexual assault. 

She needs to take responsibility for her decisions in her life instead of blaming someone else for having power over them. 

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, FABian said:

That's not the point. The point is that she's so Cringey she seems to have a victim mentality, even before she talked about her alleged sexual assault. 

She needs to take responsibility for her decisions in her life instead of blaming someone else for having power over them. 

well, no, that's exactly the whole point because she's not playing the victim, she IS a victim and you're putting her down for it which is just... :awkney: 

she didnt chose to be raped :awkney: this victim blaming really is poisonous when nearly everything she said wasn't denied by melanie :awkney: i would say finally speaking out against your abuser is taking responsibility, no?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

This song is so ironic now :rip:

Spoiler

For real... this is kinda sad.  I'm neutral on this issue and feel there's too much "gray" area on both sides.

Spyro the Dragon

17 minutes ago, Werk said:

Weird how no one posted this in this thread yet from what I've seen

It's in this thread:

Spyro the Dragon

At least we got the good sis marina and the diamonds

Spoiler

While I feel for the victim,  I'll still low key bop to melanie and look forward to her new album :ph34r:

Spyro the Dragon

blackthorns
22 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

She giggled while Melanie was apparently touching her.... sorry but I just can’t see anyone in this situation who wouldn’t do anything except say no and just let it be. If my friend did this to me I would NEVER be in the same room as she, and def not the next day. 

Also CAPS are unnecessary 

Using myself as an example: I am nervous giggler, to the extreme. Granted I often have inappropriate emotional responses, but who's to say Timothy doesn't also have that issue? Back to the point-when I'm nervous, I giggle a lot. When my ex started trying to "make a move" I'd giggle and crack up and say no and gently push him away. To a lot of people, that might not seem like a genuine no, but it should be treated as one regardless. Continuing on using myself as an example, I never once fought him or struggled against him because 1) I knew I wouldn't win, and fighting would have caused him to lose his temper, and hit/beat/kill me as he sometimes threatened to do, so fighting back wasn't even remotely safe or a logical thing to do. 2) I was paralyzed in fear. 3) I didn't want to fight him-I just wanted him to listen to me - at the time I loved him immensely (and I still kind of do), and was completely emotionally dependant on him- I didn't want to upset him, I just wanted it to be over with. It happened to me multiple times because of this-I kept going back to him because I was completely dependant on him for my happiness, and I thought this time he might listen to me and we could just hang out. Abusive relationships of any kind with a power difference/level of dependency are hard to navigate because if you haven't been in one, it sounds completely illogical, but to me, Timothy makes complete sense.

21 hours ago, Homewrecker said:

I honestly don't believe this, there's no proof she was raped.

Innocent until proven guilty.

what do you want from timothy? a rape kit with sperm evidence? like cmon man.

5 hours ago, Dark Salvation said:

Still don't believe her, she could of stopped it but didn't, she could've called for help. Still didn't, if wanted help she would of asked but didn't :/ 

yeah cool that's literally not how rape works. Using myself as an example: I was paralyzed in fear and couldn't move at all, much less call out for help (there were other people in the house). Not to mention I just wanted it to be over with, rather than cause an issue or a physical fight that I knew I would lose. It A) wasn't safe for me to call out to help, and B) wouldn't have gotten me anywhere because I couldn't fight him or prove that anything happened by the time someone got there.

also "she could have stopped"??? how??? you make it sound like she was having consensual sex (which you legally cannot have if you're drunk or high anyways!!)

--------------

anyways I hope melanie faces some level of consequence whether it be legal or just loss of fame. my heart goes out to timothy and any other victims/survivors of sexual assault reading this thread and feeling as if people don't care about victims. I love each and every one of you, keep being strong. 

to everyone else saying "innocent until proven guilty"-

"Every time you go “Im not saying its fake and Im not defending insertnamehereoceleb but what if its fake.”, you are silencing victims and making them scared to come forward. Every time you go “Innocent until proven guilty” and “wait for evidence because people lie” you are silencing victims and making them scared to come forward. Every time you go “people lie.”and then proceed to make up reasons as to why the victim could be lying (like for attention or because they are lesser known), you are silencing victims and making them scared to come forward. " (source) 

If you need me, you know where to find me: seeking validation and self-love in my dumpster

ryanripley
12 hours ago, Dark Salvation said:

Still don't believe her, she could of stopped it but didn't, she could've called for help. Still didn't, if wanted help she would of asked but didn't :/ 

this isn't proof that she was lying at all but i think you're way too young to understand it

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Archived