monketsharona

Featured Posts

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nattuggla
1 hour ago, Kara Brasil said:

Damn just let the music speak, this type of post can backfire on her :S

I feel like Gaga hasn't learn much from past mistakes which is disappointing. 

She isn't the one who is hyping this time. It is the people around her. 

teawhore
1 hour ago, romonster said:

Joanne is literally the least hyped album of her career. She didn't even reveal the title until after Perfect Illusion.

Witness the title wasn't revealed until Swish Swish :poot:

♡ nyc ♡

youandi

It just screams cheap/desperate to me saying something like that (especially multiple times)

There's nothing wrong with making or wanting to make popular music and the radio is great for being a good platform for musicians but a statement like that really suggests you're just aiming for radio success which would be sad if that's the case. 

Hopefully he's just saying it because he thinks whatever she's making is brilliant. Just nervous that it might end up a little generic.

romonster
4 minutes ago, teawhore said:

Witness the title wasn't revealed until Swish Swish :poot:

The title track leaked a year early so :poot:

teawhore
Just now, romonster said:

The title track leaked a year early so :poot:

which was a fantastic song :whitney:

♡ nyc ♡

youandi

Adding on...

I really think they should be careful with what they produce because if it does go down the 'generic pop' route and doesn't have anything new to offer, if it doesn't do well on the radio then what good could be said about the album?

It's obviously possible to do amazing, innovative pop songs that also do well on radio and charts but a lot of radio is so trend based and Gaga is better than following a trend to get a hit 

WORLDofGAGA

I mean only her team is hyping it, which the gp most likely wouldn’t see. I hope it won’t be generic and believe it won’t be as Gaga doesn’t tend to follow the generic route, albeit the cure is the most generic song she’s done but still a bop. I’m not going to hype myself and just watch it all unravel. Not to mention but she’s really had her game together recently.

@W0RLDofGAGA

blackcoffee
35 minutes ago, youandi said:

It just screams cheap/desperate to me saying something like that (especially multiple times)

There's nothing wrong with making or wanting to make popular music and the radio is great for being a good platform for musicians but a statement like that really suggests you're just aiming for radio success which would be sad if that's the case. 

Hopefully he's just saying it because he thinks whatever she's making is brilliant. Just nervous that it might end up a little generic.

I agree. I mean, feel confident and proud of the music you’re making, sure, but it just seems weird that they are actively working to get a radio hit...this formulaic approach is just different I suppose and I would venture to say many are unsuccessful when they chase a hit. Make music you love and let it speak for itself. 

This is just reminding me of the pre-ARTPOP “album of the milenium” or whatever hype that Gaga and her team created...we all saw how that played out.

Be proud and love what you’re doing, but don’t get over confident or cocky 

Reality
2 hours ago, Fiona Apple said:

They should shut up and make some great music.. Joanne was so hyped as well and the lead single was Perfect Illusion....

How the hell did she "hype up Joanne"? She was secretive until the announcement of Perfect Illusion :oprah:

Also, why can't she post a picture or two and make great music?? :oprah:

🃏🖤👹

nattuggla

The thing with TC is that yeah it was generic for her standards and I think that Gaga and DJWS knew it wasn't their best work. But apparently it was good enough for Interscope that they released it as a stand-alone buzz single and weren't bothered to leave it unpromoted from the side of Gaga. So it was a cute single to keep Gaga's name out but her team knew they can do better and I am sure that they are keeping the better work for the bigger projects.

I am praying for Disco, Funk, RnB, Soul mixed with modern pop. I think that could work for Gaga.....

Reality

Hold up, I'm sorry, but why are most of y'all upset that she's showing that she's in the studio/working on new music? First you guys want to know if she's doing new music or not, and now you're upset that she's posting something? 

Would you rather have her just not mention stuff for the next three years or something? Some of you guys think it's "annoying" that she's posting all these things, and then guys say that "She should stop posting these so that we don't have meltdowns." Unless Gaga or her team has explicitly said something, there's no reason for a meltdown. The whole Frankensteined-AMA mess? That was completely fan-made. Yes, Gaga did sing Frankensteined backstage, but you guys are delusional to think she would have performed/released that.

I'm happy that she's showing us her creative process. It's nice to see what we can expect in the future. This also confirms that we will get new music in 2018, so some of y'all need to be more grateful than critical.

🃏🖤👹

Archived