Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Mark Nilan: '2018 radio is ours'

monketsharona

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, mikesoaa said:

i dont get why yall hate the cure so much? do you really expect songs like sheisse to be a hit on the radio???

And The Cure was a hit on the radio...? 

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lemonade
20 hours ago, DiamondFart said:

It might not be the kind of music we’d all like, but we know what gaga needs career-wise is another smash hit song... Her last proper international one was The Edge of Glory...

Applause

LadyLuca

Nice try- Nobody can fool me here- LG6 2019.

#2018Radioisours means pls still be exited for Gaga n talk. (for example: Grammys: A secret world star will perform! aka. not Gaga but more views)

but many of us know that^^

17 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

Applause

It wasn't a big smash though... sure it was a nice hit, but outside of the US, it had a very similar performance to Chained to the Rhythm- peaking well, but with no lasting impact. I've not heard it on British radio for years...

monketsharona
4 minutes ago, DiamondFart said:

It wasn't a big smash though... sure it was a nice hit, but outside of the US, it had a very similar performance to Chained to the Rhythm- peaking well, but with no lasting impact. I've not heard it on British radio for years...

Well so we can say Gaga has no smash since Born This Way (Worldwide) 

Honestly here in France when they air a song it's Poker Face, Bad Romance, Paparazzi, Alejandro, Just Dance or Telephone. TF / TFM eras still have a huge impact almost ten years later

nattuggla
3 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Same but I feel like the whole album will be produced by DJWS. When fans asked for Garibay or RedOne he said he has it. I guess he has the full project. 

I don't know.... I still have the feeling that they are far from done and Gaga will add/replace ideas for LG6 and she will add some guest/surprise producers for LG6 and maybe re-use some of her older songs and re-produce them to make them fit for the new project.

I have learned to take many things what DJWS says with a grain of salt just because I know that he is trolling some times. :bon:

youandi
5 hours ago, mikesoaa said:

i dont get why yall hate the cure so much? do you really expect songs like sheisse to be a hit on the radio???

The thing is it could be. It's only 'weird' because of the intro and sometimes the radio will embrace weirdness. Just depends how it touches people and promotion and stuff. 

In the UK, Radio One is pretty open minded but the rest especially Capital aren't, so who knows. It's about time (most) radio stations start embracing more unique sounds again. 

nattuggla
1 hour ago, DiamondFart said:

It also has to be considered that Gaga herself was on a decline during the time where she used DJWS for her singles so DJWS solely cannot be blamed for the underperformance of Applause (and DWUW). Many other factors played a crucial role for that.

You took CTTR as an example which was written and produced by Max Martin and Sia. Both of them had hits previously by theirselves or with other other artists. It's just that Katy isn't an "hot" artist right now and I am sure if she would have released CTTR during her Prism era she wouldn't have struggled that much.

I also would say that if RedOne would have produced songs for ARTPOP which would have got released as singles they wouldn't be near of the success what JD, PF, BR and BTW achieved just because of the reason that Gaga wasn't in her peak anymore and was declining. People in general got tired of Gaga, independent (to an extend) of the producer of her singles.......

monketsharona
21 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

I don't know.... I still have the feeling that they are far from done and Gaga will add/replace ideas for LG6 and she will add some guest/surprise producers for LG6 and re-use some of her older songs and re-produce them to make them fit for the new project.

I have learned to take many things what DJWS says with a grain of salt what because I know that he is trolling some times. :bon:

I hope you're right because I'm not really here for 15-17 songs only produced by them lol 

CakeLikeLG
1 hour ago, Lemonade said:

Applause

even Million Reasons is well known WW. Don't let the low peaks fool you

live each day like Gaga might drop an album

nattuggla

Didn't Applause sell more than Alejandro? And Alejandro was one of her biggest hits in Europe and Latin countries (in some even bigger than Bad Romance)?

People just like to label Applause/ARTPOP as a flop because of the underperformance also caused due to the mess behind the scenes and Gaga's star slowly fading. I swear when the song and the album got released it was hyped and praised by the fans but as soon as it was declared as not meeting the commercial success of its precedessors people starting to hate/trash the song and the album. Totally biased imho. The same happened with TC imho.

monketsharona
13 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

Didn't Applause sell more than Alejandro? And Alejandro was one of her biggest hits in Europe and Latin countries (in some even bigger than Bad Romance)?

People just like to label Applause/ARTPOP as a flop because of the underperformance due to the mess behind the scenes. I swear when the song and the album got released it was hyped and praised by the fans but as soon as it was declared as not meeting the commercial success of its precedessors people starting to hate/trash the song and the album. Totally biased imho. The same happened with TC imho.

Agree for Applause, that's still a big hit ! Though TC never happened to be honest, I mean I don't think it was even small hit. 

Concerning MR, I'd say it's a local hit. I don't think it had a huge impact out of the USA. To compare I think Y&I still has more impact WW than MR

nattuggla
1 minute ago, monketsharona said:

Agree for Applause, that's still a big hit ! Though TC never happened to be honest, I mean I don't think it was even small hit. 

Well TC was unpromoted and definetely could have been bigger. But it proved several things:

- Gaga's low streaming can definetely be repaired by constant support of Interscope if she releases streaming-friendly future singles.

- it showed that lost markets like the UK and Australia can get regained after years of absence (since we know TC was more succesful than PI and MR); even in my country TC was more successful than MR and PI combined.

Unfortunately we know that Gaga couldn't be able to promote it properly because of ASIB, tour preparation and Sonja's death. I am sure that Gaga's team know TC is not their best shot but Interscope and Gaga's team saw the potential of it as a cute buzz single which works as a sacrificial lamb to be unpromoted but still doing something in favor for Gaga. So it was still an investment to not put it into a shelf. I am sure Gaga and DJWS are keeping their better work for bigger projects.......

2 hours ago, lairofhk said:

And The Cure was a hit on the radio...? 

It was a huge radio hit here in Australia. Her first song I’ve heard on the radio and everywhere I went since TEOG. 

I had non gaga stans talking about how awesome the song is. Pretty sure it was bigger than PI and MR combined.

Archived