💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gwen Stefani Has Slayed The Last 3 Years

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster
19 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Agreed... The only exciting thing that came out of her "lately" was the No Doubt reunion in 2012. I'm a big fan of her 2 first solo albums, and I've had a really hard time getting into her most recent endeavors. It seems to me she's become very bland. And I'm sorry, but getting a stint on The Voice doesn't mean your career is at its best... far from it.

It's hard to top the masterpiece that is LAMB but I know she can do it again...she just needs to get her team to promo well and pick better singles...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

elijahfan
1 minute ago, TimisaMonster said:

It's hard to top the masterpiece that is LAMB but I know she can do it again...she just needs to get her team to promo well and pick better singles...

And to just make better music, tbh :sweat: At some point, management can't be responsible for everything

PopBitch

Gwen's last tour slayed.  I don't care if she didn't sell out.   She is someone who headed a rock band for years and toured her ass off with No Doubt. A real live band singer. 

She went out there and gave it her all on the This is What the Truth Feels like Tour in 2016.

Forty-seven at the time on tour.  Unbelievable.  I love this woman.

I love the songs she wrote for her Christmas album. She wrote like six for the album.

She wrote this song.

I thought Tiwttfl was a much better album than sweet escape. I saw the tour in August 2016 and loved it! I love Gwen, I stanned her so hard during the LAMB era 

PopBitch
6 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Agreed... The only exciting thing that came out of her "lately" was the No Doubt reunion in 2012. I'm a big fan of her 2 first solo albums, and I've had a really hard time getting into her most recent endeavors. It seems to me she's become very bland. And I'm sorry, but getting a stint on The Voice doesn't mean your career is at its best... far from it.

But she had just had a baby when she went on The Voice.  Mother of three.  She didn't have time nor desire to tour.  Getting on The Voice kept her in town to be a mom and got her face back out there again.  The Voice did a lot to revive Adam Levine's band again.  He has said so.   So The Voice can be a boost.  Although, it has never helped Christina.  

I really do still listen to quite a few songs from Gwen's last album, TIWTTFL.  But what kept her from being bland as an older artist is she has edge on tour, and on This is What the Truth Feels Like Tour in 2016, she brought it big time as a performer on tour.

I think she's getting more and more confidence back with her songwriting after such a drought with having writer's block.  I still think she has another Tragic Kingdom or L.A.M.B. in her.  Okay.  Maybe not across-the-board that great, but has some great songs in her still to write and put on an album.  

DiscoHeaven23
19 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

I'm sorry but Gwen hasn't slayed anything in the last few years and im a fan...

She went on the voice, hooked up with Blake, and released an underwhelming breakup album that didn't get her any notoriety 

Hope her next era is better...

18 hours ago, elijahfan said:

It's less about Gwen slaying like one of the top pop girls of this decade and more about her slaying in relation to her being in the early years of her third decade as an artist. 

Name an artist that debuted in the 90s or earlier that had a #1 album in the last three years? Only Barbra and Janet were able to do that, like Gwen (aside from the deaths of David Bowie and Prince)

And I really don't think there's many artists that debuted in the 90s or earlier that are as relevant as Gwen is now. There's acts that are viewed as major icons, but not actually still in the public eye like Gwen is. 

Archived