Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga needs to return to trailblaze on LG6

lucastecala

Featured Posts

sirensofthedawn

wouldn’t her pulling TFM-esque dark pop visuals that you all want technically be predictable and non-groundbreaking? also i want your love is not trailblazing, it’s a cover of a classic disco song with a sleek minimalistic fashion video. pretty standard. if you actually want her to be trailblazing and push boundaries, you’d want her to progress instead of recycling the same sounds/visuals she’s already served. but i agree that she’s afraid to take “risks” like she once did because she doesn’t want to sink back into the same polarizing position she was in. it’s easier and she gets more content out of being universally praised now that she’s getting older, which is kinda disappointing since her legacy is rooted in her risks. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stan Is My Name
1 hour ago, lucastecala said:

I agree that she hasn't invested in younger audiences, but it might happen, and it has happened before. With Mariah and Madonna for example. I think Gaga doesn't have the profile to be a Taylor, but she has the profile to be like Pink. She is also not huge among teenagers, but she always manages for her releases to be compelling enough so that teenagers will buy them. That said I do think Gaga could be cool again, if she wanted to. It's just that that's not what she has been interested in lately. She seems on the verge of a shift though. Let's wait and see. 

What's wrong with teens these days? Liking basics like Camila Cabello and Dua Lipa, ew. Back then we had standards and taste :bon:

Haroon is coming to kill me D:

1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

As much as I'd love for Gaga to be at the forefront of pop culture again, I'm afraid it won't happen :selena: She hasn't been able to attract new generations of fans the way Taylor and Bey have (in large numbers anyway). And without young fans (~12 to 18) she doesn't have much hopes of being relevant anymore. Just trying to be realistic here :selena:

well duhhhhh because she released Joanne but I'm sure if she releases a killer pop album she'll be okay 

GRIMEZSZ
11 minutes ago, Stan Is My Name said:

What's wrong with teens these days? Liking basics like Camila Cabello and Dua Lipa, ew. Back then we had standards and taste :bon:

OMG NO! Dua Lipa is amazing :diane:

FrankGutz
14 minutes ago, Stan Is My Name said:

welp i agree

2 minutes ago, LU98 said:

OMG NO! Dua Lipa is amazing :diane:

mmm... not really, shes average, i wrather someone like Tove Lo or Marina, at least theyre lowkey good tbh :tony:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

when will people realize that it wasn't ARTPOP that set her back but Born This Way being announced in a meat dress, being "about gay stuff", the ridiculousness of the egg, the Madonna controversy, the overexposure, the Judas controversy, the awkward baby-voiced psychopath persona, the ugly make-up, prosthetics and birthmarks, the inconsistency, the off-puttingly narcissistic Jo Calderone monologue, everyone being tired af by the time she decides to release a 13-minute video for a single that gets a total of 1 minute promo before the credits of a Thanksgiving special... then the tour starts and it turns out there's a whole lot of guns and she's wearing meat again, then there are mass protests against her "Satanic propaganda" in multiple Southeast Asian countries, she's forced to cancel Jakarta after terror threats, gets depressed and starts smoking pot and concerns Australia with Princess Die performances, begins wrestling an annoying pig, goes back to the States to rest with some more pot, apparently gets the munchies and decides to try everything in the menu of the recently opened trattoria, then the European leg starts and she shows up in Sofia considerably bigger and wearing fur, then, full-on Princess High and awkwardly obsessed with Edith Piaf, begins a promotional campaign for a suspicious black liquid acting like a snotty slut and scaring interviewers in the UK and South America... and then she goes back home to sleep at the Guggenheim and fight with Kelly Osbourne, breaks her hip and cancels the rest of the NA dates. 

what a trip.

...and that is why another ARTPOP will be well-received now and everything was going to fail back then. DWUW was supposed to smash even without a single performance and she did plenty of high-profile ones. the "GP" was sick of her. they're not sick of her now but they're not that interested either so we'll see if she can put a spell on them.

1 hour ago, JDi said:

when will people realize that it wasn't ARTPOP that set her back but Born This Way being announced in a meat dress, being "about gay stuff", the ridiculousness of the egg, the Madonna controversy, the overexposure, the Judas controversy, the awkward baby-voiced psychopath persona, the ugly make-up, prosthetics and birthmarks, the inconsistency, the off-puttingly narcissistic Jo Calderone monologue, everyone being tired af by the time she decides to release a 13-minute video for a single that gets a total of 1 minute promo before the credits of a Thanksgiving special... then the tour starts and it turns out there's a whole lot of guns and she's wearing meat again, then there are mass protests against her "Satanic propaganda" in multiple Southeast Asian countries, she's forced to cancel Jakarta after terror threats, gets depressed and starts smoking pot and concerns Australia with Princess Die performances, begins wrestling an annoying pig, goes back to the States to rest with some more pot, apparently gets the munchies and decides to try everything in the menu of the recently opened trattoria, then the European leg starts and she shows up in Sofia considerably bigger and wearing fur, then, full-on Princess High and awkwardly obsessed with Edith Piaf, begins a promotional campaign for a suspicious black liquid acting like a snotty slut and scaring interviewers in the UK and South America... and then she goes back home to sleep at the Guggenheim and fight with Kelly Osbourne, breaks her hip and cancels the rest of the NA dates. 

what a trip.

...and that is why another ARTPOP will be well-received now and everything was going to fail back then. DWUW was supposed to smash even without a single performance and she did plenty of high-profile ones. the "GP" was sick of her. they're not sick of her now but they're not that interested either so we'll see if she can put a spell on them.

All of these are... lowkey awesome, tbh

3 points in and ready for more

FameHookah
14 hours ago, JDi said:

what a trip.

Yep thats why i hate BTW ..

WTF is MDNA

imovertheshow
14 hours ago, JDi said:

what a trip.

and even if WE loved all of that stuff sometimes its really hard to remember how freaked out the GP was. i love joanne honestly, but obviously if i stan an artist i want them to be the absolute best as far as sales goes, because i want the best for them. so in short, i hate joanne for it's lackluster performance on the charts, but love it because it allowed her to reinstate her good reputation as a vocalist and kind woman. 

perfect illusion stan

imovertheshow

i'm kinda curious what it will take for the GP to give her those spins and coins again tho 

perfect illusion stan

adamsenigma
15 hours ago, Sailor said:

Forgive me, but her being commericial and mainstream again is the last thing I want. Literally everyone who is in the mainstream eye is creatively worthless. At least when Gaga isn't selling as well she's doing something other than singing gibberish, made-up words and dancing around half naked. Lady Gaga is a legend, and legends are the most obscure individuals in the industry. :nails:

Gaga can still be mainstream but with a Gaga-esque twist. I think that's why TF/M and BTW were succesful albums, they were really pop (I mean, they had rock, disco, euro dance influences but the core was POP at it's finest) and Gaga treated those albums like pop albums. The problem with ARTPOP and Joanne is that they felt kinda inconsistent, like she never really knew what she was supposed to do, or her label telling her to do this and that.. Now, with LG6 coming, I feel like Gaga has really found her inner pop monster again and she knows what to do this time around. Let's wait and see.

MaryJaneHolland

I have so many things to say, I don't know how to gather them all in a post and make it sound smart and make sense :air:

First of all, yes! I need LG6 to be trailblazing, groundbreaking and her undeniably very best. I said this a couple of times already, I'm tired of Born This Way being my favorite album by hers, I need something new which will be her best without any doubt. I want her to put emphasis on her as a musician and not make "safe" music. But, all of that wrapped with catchy pop melodies and hooks. Do these match? Does this make sense? Because, lets be real here, she NEEDS a worldwide hit. People who say she doesn't need and and that she's (way) above that are drop dead delusional. Her worldwide hits span from 2008 to 2013, that's 5 years. No, she's not a legend, in order to cement that legendary status, she needs hits, sales, attention to her music, because first and foremost, she's a pop star. She can't forever fall back on Bad Romance and Poker Face, right? I also want her to be hungry for fame, success and attention as she used to be til like 2010/11. It adds up to the whole "Gaga" image.

Another thing is... her team :air: I don't know, what are they thinking, but some of them need to close the door from the other side, to leave. She needs to let professional people to do things for her, not her friends or whatever. The easiest example for this would be the visuals this era and I would repeat myself for the 1000th time expressing hate towards Ruth Hogben, just watch the videos of the Joanne era and you would understand. She needs to realize that her videos play a big role in the success of her singles. Hell, aren't they what brought her the most attention? She needs to bring back the shock factor in them.

This being said, I still love her as I did the first day, but she needs to really get her act together about some things.

xoxo :bon:

• 8 months later...
TheodoreRx

I agree. I really miss WeirdGa. I want her to be the weirdo of pop again, we're really missing that nowadays. Sia filled her spot for a couple years but I don't think Sia's brand of weird is nearly as versatile as Gaga's, or as boundary smashing. 

DonnieDarko
On 11/21/2017 at 4:36 AM, AmericanGUY said:

she had to play it safe after the ARTPOP fiasco. we can see now after the Superbowl she's really returning to her schtick. it's just taking her some time.

As long as it’s not as off putting and as alienating as BTW, I’m fine with her going back to her roots, however she’s so not the kind of artist who’s doing things twice so I can easily imagine she’ll do something new with her future endeavours.

TheodoreRx
24 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

As long as it’s not as off putting and as alienating as BTW, I’m fine with her going back to her roots, however she’s so not the kind of artist who’s doing things twice so I can easily imagine she’ll do something new with her future endeavours.

Why does being risk-taking or trailblazing mean doing the exact same kind of trailblazing she did before? 

Archived