Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

2018 Radio Is Ours #LG6

Rifek

Featured Posts

Speechless94
2 minutes ago, Free My Mind said:

I see no reason she can't promote her own new project alongside ASIB... in fact I see it to be optimal. 

When she's doing promo spots for ASIB she can namedrop the record, and when she's doing promo spots for the record she can namedrop the movie.

Also means she doesn't need to do 2 promo tours in the year... leaves more room for rest in 2018.

We need to let go of the fact that the ASIB soundtrack will be treated like a normal album... it won't be. We may get 1 single off of it to create hype, but even La La Land's soundtrack didn't have singles etc. and it was massively successful. I'm not saying the soundtrack will be bad, it just won't be an album era.

completely agree. It would be cute if the lead single of the album actually coincided with the "single" from the movie. Like you said she could do one promo tour and kill two birds with one stone. Some promo spots she can perform album song + movie song, some just promote the album and some just promote the movie. 

Soundtracks, if they're good and the movie is good, sell themselves. I think it would be weird to dedicate a lot of time to the movie soundtrack.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joannesrats
9 hours ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

Yup, I had the feeling new music is scheduled for next year and I'm not talking about the ASIB soundtrack, that will be a side project imo!

If that's you in your AVI then I want to be your side project :diane:

GagaMyBlood95
12 hours ago, PhillipBagshaw said:

If that's you in your AVI then I want to be your side project :diane:

Yeah it is me and that's just super sweet, thank you :blush:

Spoiler

Btw you look great as well, especially the eyes :happy:

janetjackson
On 11/20/2017 at 2:01 PM, Speechless94 said:

completely agree. It would be cute if the lead single of the album actually coincided with the "single" from the movie. Like you said she could do one promo tour and kill two birds with one stone. Some promo spots she can perform album song + movie song, some just promote the album and some just promote the movie. 

Soundtracks, if they're good and the movie is good, sell themselves. I think it would be weird to dedicate a lot of time to the movie soundtrack.

Not to toot my own horn but....

No, I'm obviously not Janet Jackson, but Janet did have two albums that coincided with soundtrack single releases from movies she starred in.

With "Again," off the massive Janet. album, it was released during the album cycle, as both the third single from Janet. and the first single off the Poetic Justice soundtrack (both went to #1). This could be a similar tactic used for LG6: promoting both the album and the soundtrack at the same time, essentially piggybacking off the success of the album and ensuring chart success mid-album cycle. The success of the film and the album go hand in hand.

With Janet's "Doesn't Really Matter," we got a more traditional soundtrack release/film feature setup that lead nicely into her next album era, All For You. The success of "Doesn't Really Matter" and The Nutty Professor 2 (again, both went #1) set up a very successful album follow-up, and Janet also included the single in the All For You album. Not so coincidentally, All For You was Janet's highest first-week album sales.

Some additional food for thought, showing how films/soundtracks/studio albums can all be effectively intertwined and collectively boost the success of all projects.

My gut is, since A Star Is Born is being released in May, we will get the soundtrack single first, which will then lead into her LG6 era, similar to the second Janet scenario. Soundtrack lead singles are usually released awhile ahead of the film to build anticipation. And in most cases, soundtracks are released a couple months before the film. Especially music-centric films.

DaddyFranco

Knowing Gaga, she will release a lead single that she doesn’t really like and won’t promote it, change second single to antoher song and then  starts singing old hits. So alejandro and applause are gonna be lit on radio next year 😍😍😍

janetjackson
26 minutes ago, DaddyFranco said:

Knowing Gaga, she will release a lead single that she doesn’t really like and won’t promote it, change second single to antoher song and then  starts singing old hits. So alejandro and applause are gonna be lit on radio next year 😍😍😍

I swear, some of y'all sound so cynical and ungrateful. Gaga does her best to really do it out for her fans. Not every element of your career is in your control.

I think she's extremely loving, generous and loyal to her fans. 

DaddyFranco
8 hours ago, janetjackson said:

I swear, some of y'all sound so cynical and ungrateful. Gaga does her best to really do it out for her fans. Not every element of your career is in your control.

I think she's extremely loving, generous and loyal to her fans. 

I’m not saying that I don’t like her and don’t appreciate her music. I’m jus talking about radio and basic society who doesn’t listen to her that often and knows only biggest hits.

shoful
18 hours ago, GagaMyBlood95 said:

Yeah it is me and that's just super sweet, thank you :blush:

Reveal hidden contents

Btw you look great as well, especially the eyes :happy:

You are so hot! How old are you. Can we go on a date :sweat:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

GagaMyBlood95
5 hours ago, shoful said:

You are so hot! How old are you. Can we go on a date :sweat:

All offers in PM please :classy:

Spoiler