Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Reputation Sales: 1.29M

ComeToMama

Featured Posts

brit4ever
29 minutes ago, Runway said:

So basically when people had no option but to BUY the album? :rip: 

When you had to move your ass from your house, wait 1 hour on a line at the shop and literaly fight for a coppy and when you couldn't ship albums to friend via iTunes or purchase 1 album online and get 2/3/4 and etc for free via promotion or smth.and 1.31 Million people actualy went to the shop and spent their time on buying that album. And for a comparisson Xtina, P!nk and JLo also reeased music at that time, but Britney is the one with 2 Diamond albums. :reductive: 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Andrew2512 said:

Just wait till she hit 30 and kids stop buying her albums . She'll struggle to sell 100K in a month unless she keeps singing about her crushes when she's 40. She's a talentless unattractive basic girl anyway.

Good lord the salt is real with this one. 

3 hours ago, brit4ever said:

It's impressive, yeah, but so is Britney's record. She sold 1.31 Million coppies when there were no Social Medias, YouTube, iTunes, Spotify, Google, Smart phones, and only a small amount of people had computers and even less had Internet. Britney became a massive World Wide super-star with only her music and dancing. It was the people that were talking about Britney and that spread the word about Oops. Britney in the 00s>>>>everyone's peak this century so far(even bigger than Gaga, who was the only artist that got close to Britney's impact/exposure/success).

You don't know what you're talking about. Gaga's sales may not be as great as Britney's, but I can assure you Gaga's impact and exposure is far greater than Britney's. She was the most famous person in the world and everyone knew who is Lady Gaga. TF/TFM/BTW changed the entertainment industry for good. TF/ TFM made EDM popular and BTW made everyone more outspoken about social issues in their music. Don't even talk about Gaga's fashion. She is a CFDA fashion icon and among TIME's most influential fashion figures. She's also voted as TIME's 2nd most influential person of the last decade. 

I'm not undermining Britney's success or anything, but Gaga was the epitome of a pop superstar. :gaycat:

When will the album be on Spotify? Someone said it will be upload on Saturday :nails:

Anyway her team is so smart doing this :hor:

When will Gags :emma:

Darcklighter22

That's nice...as im listening to my pirated copy since she is to uptight to place the album on streaming sites. :nails:

alextruper17
3 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

It's not that surprising considering her banter about certain issues and hypocritically making statements about drama. But good for her.

Well, let me remind you some artists brought the drama back and she (TS) just simply replied with songs.

Swish swish and Famous were “hypocritically making states of drama” too but they didn’t do as well, so drama isn’t the key for sales.

And I’m pretty sure those artists will reply reputation soon, and the drama will continue. So it goes...

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Irrelevant
2 hours ago, Dino said:

hope she will flop soon just like what happen in other pop girls and became a legend

shes still on her second pop album, so it's still early :selena:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

DeleteMyAccount
2 hours ago, alextruper17 said:

Well, let me remind you some artists brought the drama back and she (TS) just simply replied with songs.

Swish swish and Famous were “hypocritically making states of drama” too but they didn’t do as well, so drama isn’t the key for sales.

And I’m pretty sure those artists will reply reputation soon, and the drama will continue. So it goes...

I wasn't about other artists. Nor was I talking about SS. I'm saying it's not that surprising even with her own drama. However, there's a lot more to Taylor then Katy drama. I'm talking about legitimate eye roll moments that she brought on herself. And that's fine. Good for her. But criticisms shouldn't be surprising.

TheCureinMalibu
9 hours ago, FrankGutz said:

oh well... lemme quote the tea an Adele fan  posted on ATRL

I don't like how she's exploiting loopholes/mugging off her fans to up her sales and I think it's her worst album to date, but legit mad? Nah.

The main one is attempting to quadruple count single UPS preorders by including 3 digital copies and then hiking the price fans pay so that divided by four each copy is enough to count for a sale.

Then there's equating buying her album to the right to buy tickets. Sure, plenty have done album bundles as of late (I don't agree with those either but w/e, another discussion entirely) but she is the only one to do this whole 'boost' concept, which is currently unregulated, and as I said, is hardcore mugging off her fans.

Also, keeping her album off streaming for a week. I know the response is 'but you're fav is Adele!111'... yes, but the principle is different. If Taylor had continued her position that she doesn't support streaming period, and only wanted her singles on there, or the album on paid services, fine. But the one-week window was with the intention to boost 1-week sales in desperate hopes of beating 25. Currently unregulated under current (streaming) rules.

Again, am I mad? No. I'm not being taken advantage of, you are.

The thing is that they were never told they were receiving four 'copies' when ordering. Their purchases were made with an intention to buy a bundle consisting of single CD copy and "never-before-seen photos from Taylor Swift's archive that you can't get anywhere else". See for yourself here.

It's not a package deal. A package deal would imply that Taylor was giving a copy with each purchased ticket, like other tour bundles. Instead, she is using fear of not getting a ticket as a tactic to get fans to buy the album up to 13 times to redeem codes in hopes of moving up in a supposed digital line. It's shady.

WELP

the UPS doesn't count, 4 copies will only be counted as 1.

isn't it already confirmed? :air: 

and some fans has confirmed that all of those 3 digital code was all zip.file to 'reputation' so yeah. No.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=309288

Chuckles

Congrats to her but I always doubt that all those numbers are actually fans buying the record... like maybe her label buys albums to improve numbers at the end

Archived