Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

I unstanned Gaga in...

NotMyFlop

Featured Posts

NotMyFlop

I discovered Gaga literally weeks before she made in huge, so like the end of 2008, and she was the first artist I ever stanned. :firega:

I was super obsessed with 2008-2012. I had posters, magazines, multiple copies of her CDs, had multiple meltdowns when I couldn't see the monster ball tour or the born this way ball because I was 'too young' (still having that meltdown tbh :toofunny: ). 

but, for whatever reason known to man, I was bullied heavily for being so openly a Gaga fan that I fell quiet about her and ultimately stopped stanning after born this way lost its momentum. :selena: 

I didn't care that much when her hip broke and missed all of the ARTPOP eras and it's something I can never forgive myself for. :neyde: I still bought applause and dope when they came out and bought the album because it was $3.00 to complete the album. :lolly: 

I still listened to her, but didn't stan, missed performances and didn't keep up with her or my fellow gaga sistrens.

and then when she announced her AHS role in 2015, my weave was officially flown because I love AHS and I almost immediately relapsed into my stanhood.  :tony:

I've been super active and up-to-date since, but my 2012-2015 era of not stanning is the darkest time of my life. (literally and metaphorically) it's when I came back to stanning that I realized how much of a positive impact she had on me growing up, how she made me comfortable for who I am and how she was there for me when no one else was. I honestly hate myself for unstanning.  :selena:

anyone else like this? please tell me I am not the only flop ass fan? :selena:

Notthebling

leave

Spoiler

:hug:

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, NotMyFlop said:

I didn't care that much when her hip broke

thestruggle.png

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

'I was bullied heavily for being so openly a Gaga fan'

giphy.gif

this bullsh*t ,why do people bully someone for being LM?those bullies must've been kids or immature mean brats

Anyways,i'm glad you're back to fanbase :hug:

My pu$$y tastes like pepsi cola

Just now, Gaglet said:

giphy.gif

this bullsh*t ,why do people bully someone for being LM?those bullies must've been kids or immature mean brats

Now it's happening to Trump :ohno:

Spoiler

:poot:

Just now, Gaglet said:

giphy.gif

I was bullied for being a LM and my gaydar tells me that the bully is just a closeted gay who wish to enjoy Gaga’s music like I do. I confronted him and he now is my Gaga buddy, we basically go to her shows tgt :classy: My impact.

Spoiler

Sounds like a glee story but it’s real :emma:

Just now, Easy said:

I was bullied for being a LM and my gaydar tells me that the bully is just a closeted gay who wish to enjoy Gaga’s music like I do. I confronted him and he now is my Gaga buddy, we basically go to her shows tgt :classy: My impact.

Hide contents

Sounds like a glee story but it’s real :emma:

that sounds so cute :wub:

My pu$$y tastes like pepsi cola

SHALLOW
26 minutes ago, NotMyFlop said:

I discovered Gaga literally weeks before she made in huge, so like the end of 2008, and she was the first artist I ever stanned. :firega:

I was super obsessed with 2008-2012. I had posters, magazines, multiple copies of her CDs, had multiple meltdowns when I couldn't see the monster ball tour or the born this way ball because I was 'too young' (still having that meltdown tbh :toofunny: ). 

but, for whatever reason known to man, I was bullied heavily for being so openly a Gaga fan that I fell quiet about her and ultimately stopped stanning after born this way lost its momentum. :selena: 

I didn't care that much when her hip broke and missed all of the ARTPOP eras and it's something I can never forgive myself for. :neyde: I still bought applause and dope when they came out and bought the album because it was $3.00 to complete the album. :lolly: 

I still listened to her, but didn't stan, missed performances and didn't keep up with her or my fellow gaga sistrens.

and then when she announced her AHS role in 2015, my weave was officially flown because I love AHS and I almost immediately relapsed into my stanhood.  :tony:

I've been super active and up-to-date since, but my 2012-2015 era of not stanning is the darkest time of my life. (literally and metaphorically) it's when I came back to stanning that I realized how much of a positive impact she had on me growing up, how she made me comfortable for who I am and how she was there for me when no one else was. I honestly hate myself for unstanning.  :selena:

anyone else like this? please tell me I am not the only flop ass fan? :selena:

that's because you didn't support ARTPOP. Himeros punished you.

God Control

I honestly wouldn't blame you for taking a step back. Everything related to Gaga has been underwhelming since the release of ARTPOP, and no it's not the charts, it's the lies, the failed promises, the messed up plans, the continuous changes and delays, and eventually the lack of material to properly appreciate and her interest in other ventures. For me, that was never exciting. Of course you'll say "she can do what she want", well no ****, Sherlock, but we can have an opinion about it. I guess it's healthy to know what you like about an artist, movie, game actor/actress..etc. and to keep your expectations and dedication in check. I don't think it's healthy to pretend that everything an artist makes is good. Just because you're a fan doesn't mean you have to like everything. Not everything an artist makes is made for you, she may target other audiences or experiment with new stuff, and you can let go at any time and give any feedback you like.

I hope the coming era is something big and exciting. I miss the old excitement, the wait for her next shocking performance, the next epic music video, the hints left here and there among her works..etc. all that was pretty awesome. So in short, don't blame yourself for taking a break. I took breaks from many artists, many series, many video games, many movies because I felt that I'd be lying if I pretend that I'm excited about something that I'm not genuinely into and I searched for other stuff and got to find many new and interesting artists, genres and entertainment products. So don't hate yourself. It's a fandom not a marriage.

JazzGa

Nice thread! I expected this to be a long annoying laundry list of complaints about how Gaga wasn't doing the things you wanted her to do, but instead it's a story about deciding to be brave enough to love what/who you love, even if other people will make fun of you for it. Welcome back! And if anyone ever gives you flak for loving Gaga again, just post their name/pic in a thread here and we will roast em good :classy:

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

JazzGa

Also I can do witchcraft on bullies so lemme know if u need a good revenge spell or sth

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

rumours

Did you completely disregard the bop that is Slay2Slay?

You’re lucky Gaga didn’t leave you in the trunk on Highway 10

tumblr_n9hsyr3yd61qcgl1no1_500.gif

Archived