sillynate 6,170 Posted November 13, 2017 Share Posted November 13, 2017 Micro transactions are the death of the video game industry loyal fans will be lost I'm worried for the future of my favorite series, GTA. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sizzily 14,574 Posted November 13, 2017 Share Posted November 13, 2017 EA is the worst thing to happen to Star Wars since Jar Jar. They also just shut down Visceral who were making a highly anticipated single player, linear game and moved it to a developer who will ultimately try to make a Destiny clone with even sh*tier micro transactions. I'm pissed. Sidenote: I rediscovered that the OG Battlefront 2 was backwards compatible on Xbox 360 but my disc is so worn, it won't read most of the time. Inside my head I have the best time Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sizzily 14,574 Posted November 13, 2017 Share Posted November 13, 2017 5 minutes ago, sillynate said: Micro transactions are the death of the video game industry loyal fans will be lost I'm worried for the future of my favorite series, GTA. You should be, Take-Two is planning on putting them into every game they release now on. Red Dead Redemption 2 will probably be milked for like 5 years. GTA 6 feat. even more Shark Cards coming 2024 Inside my head I have the best time Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
sillynate 6,170 Posted November 13, 2017 Share Posted November 13, 2017 6 minutes ago, Booker DeWitt said: You should be, Take-Two is planning on putting them into every game they release now on. Red Dead Redemption 2 will probably be milked for like 5 years. GTA 6 feat. even more Shark Cards coming 2024 I'm giving Redemption 2 a fair chance, because maybe they got carried away with GTA online & the legal stuff with Leslie, but if sp dlc is scrapped in favor of rattlesnake cards, I will never buy anything from Rockstar again Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JustaMonster 4,909 Posted November 13, 2017 Share Posted November 13, 2017 EA ruining everything once again Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Adakam 2 Posted November 13, 2017 Share Posted November 13, 2017 2 hours ago, Sam Winchester said: Yeah, I'm sure this Star Wars game will be a massive success and a lot of people will be paying for the micotransactions over and above the base game price. This, microtransactions are the players fault, if it didnt sell as much as it does, publishers would have no reason for doing it. Feedback says one thing but their numbers say a completely different one Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
buttsicle 6,484 Posted November 13, 2017 Share Posted November 13, 2017 Microtransactions bug the hell out of me like when you buy a game you should get the FULL game with it. No bullsh1t that requires you to pay to unlock more of the game or make progression easier it's scummy. I'm completely fine with DLC because that usually adds "side-content" or just even more content to a game which is acceptable to me. But when it comes to a point where a company like EA is milking the users with expensive sh1t so those users can unlock more of the game, then it just becomes ridiculous. Usually microtransactions ("micro" my fvcking a$$ ) only unlock like one thing for a really high price. But then there are games with DLC of the same price that add WAY more content (and even going as far as to add whole sections and arcs to a game, like Bloodborne for example). That Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne adds a whole section of the game with loads of new bosses and enemies. All for like $20 or something? Then there's these "micro" transactions that take $80 for one character? Sorry for the wall, but this sh1t really bothers me. I might've also been a bit repetitive but oh well I'm passionate about games and I don't want to see the industry die by taking on this sort of sh1t EA is doing. EA more like sh!t-ay WOOHOO YAHAA Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sizzily 14,574 Posted November 13, 2017 Share Posted November 13, 2017 54 minutes ago, Adakam said: This, microtransactions are the players fault, if it didnt sell as much as it does, publishers would have no reason for doing it. Feedback says one thing but their numbers say a completely different one Actually, they rely on what they actually call “whales” to sell most micro transactions and they are a small percentage of the player base. Just rich people who don’t have anything better to spend money on. Inside my head I have the best time Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Adakam 2 Posted November 14, 2017 Share Posted November 14, 2017 6 hours ago, Booker DeWitt said: Actually, they rely on what they actually call “whales” to sell most micro transactions and they are a small percentage of the player base. Just rich people who don’t have anything better to spend money on. I know about whales, but they arent the only buyers. Gta5 did millions upon millions on shark cards (and Gta5 didnt have anything locked behind paywalls) i dont think thats all because of whales. Other games like FIFA made a cult of their loot crates/player packs, you can see millions subscribers youtubers making a career just of pack openings. Either way, my point stands, the feedback and the numbers dont match, with or without whales, the system works. Publishers have no reason to stop doing it. And i dont think itll break or crash the industry anyway, thats just a stretch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Woolfsmck 2,763 Posted November 14, 2017 Share Posted November 14, 2017 Yep, I get real huffy with an attitude when I even think about not being able to play with Dark Vader ... like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.