💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Would it be wise for Gaga to release LG6 before or after ASIB?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

Born To Slay

If Gaga releases LG6 in Q1 or Q2, the promo for the album would have to be done at the same time as promo for the movie. Would that be too cluttered? 

At the same time, there's some great promo opportunities for an album during those quarters. Plus, it'd be cool to see Gaga perform her new lead at the Grammys and win awards the same night. 

After. It generates interest and doesn't run the risk of the ASIB soundtrack overshadowing LG6.

Gagaloo911

After. That way we have something to look forward to after ASIB. Plus we're getting new music from the soundtrack anyway to tide us over till LG6. 

HOWEVER. I am here for something before ASIB like a standalone single, B sides album, EP,  or greatest hits album with some unreleased and new songs considering 2018 is her 10 year anniversary :flutter:

TimisaMonster

After...im sure her contractual obligations to promote ASIB wpuld make it impossible to do both...ASIB will need it's time and promo tour and then after she can promo LG6

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

thatsmoneyhoney

I'm also gonna have to say after. That way, she can devote her full attention to LG6, which is exactly what she'd want to do.

free my mind

Reality

In my opinion, before. I don't really get why people keep saying that she needs to do these huge promotional events and stuff for ASIB. The movie isn't a huge blockbuster film, it'll probably do mediocre (and that's really because a lot of critics and people may be interested to see Gaga's acting).

I don't know much about movies, but I don't believe that the soundtracks get promoted a whole bunch, unless it's a blockbuster film or unless she plans to release a standalone single that's from the soundtrack.

Unless she's contractually obligated or something, I think that it'd be great to have her new era of music running side-by-side with ASIB. That way, she can promote the movie and promote the album at the same time. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

I've always said after for the similar reasons as OP. I prefer to have ASIB it's own era with it's own attention. Just give us a one off single for Europe and then start the ASIB era.

Maybe they all thought ASIB was gonna be big? But they've since took it out of Oscar contention, and now perhaps they feel the album won't be a big event either but more of a "Burlesque" so now they are hurrying up with a proper studio album?

LIKELADYAGAGA
24 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

After. It generates interest and doesn't run the risk of the ASIB soundtrack overshadowing LG6.

Well that depends if the soundtrack will even get promoted. They could just release it alongside the movie for all we know with no promo. Lots of movies do this. 

LIKELADYAGAGA
26 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

I doubt folk rock would overshadow LG6

Arizona Sky

From now until March the priority is her tour. During Spring/Summer she'll be promoting ASIB. I also think its likely we could get another Tony collab album come next Fall/Winter. We shouldn't be expecting LG6 until 2019.

Born To Slay
6 minutes ago, BloodyMonster said:

From now until March the priority is her tour. During Spring/Summer she'll be promoting ASIB. I also think its likely we could get another Tony collab album come next Fall/Winter. We shouldn't be expecting LG6 until 2019.

Then why is DJWS hyping it now?

Isn’t she supposedly gonna take a break next year? Or did everyone forget her well being?

Religion is a product to sell.

Poissonche
18 minutes ago, Cruzifix said:

Isn’t she supposedly gonna take a break next year? Or did everyone forget her well being?

Maybe she planned to take break next year because she was in pain because of her fibromyalgia, but she ended up rescheduling the Europe dates last minute, thus, taking a break in October. Maybe she'll still take her break, but maybe it won't be as long as she thought it would.

Archived