💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

The "Joanne/Super Bowl" Theory

ApplauseftAdele

Do You Believe This Theory? (read first)  

81 members have voted

1. 1. R u a believer

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

I think Bowie dying shaked her a bit, then she went to another place creatively. And after the superbowl I think she saw a opportunity to be back as a pop powerhouse and went again were she was before. Now I think before ASIB she will launch a single, and do the promo for both the album and the movie. Only this chance can produce something in the level of superbowl exposure. I love Joanne so much, it's my fav from her. 

In love with chaos depressed by fate.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I think she found an opportunity to work with Mark and then scrapped the original LG5. She can always call up Red One and DJWS and work with them. But Mark? Maybe it was a matter of the stars aligning and then her jumping on it.

derpmonster

I've overheard your theory: Nostalgia's for geeks.

Gaga has been talking about Joanne since the Fame era. Then again in BTW, and now she realized it again. I think the change of direction happened with the night she wrote Million Reasons and fought with Taylor; her life felt like it was going in a different direction.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Lextyr97
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

Wouldn't having an album full of electronic/dance/synthpop songs be better though? Her biggest hits are songs like Poker Face, Bad Romance, Just Dance, Paparazzi, Born This Way, The Edge of Glory, etc. etc.. If she had an album like that, wouldn't that create more hype for her new album and her "return?"

Million Reasons didn't really become huge until after she performed it at the Super Bowl. Joanne was a very risky direction for her to go in, it wasn't safe for her whatsoever.

I think her team thought she might need a little more reparation to her image, and clearly it's paid off. 

ApplauseftAdele
19 hours ago, Darkstains said:

What do you mean with the extra words on Diamond Heart and the PI fart? As in the fact that PI just flopped and swept under the rug?

19 hours ago, nick4bty said:

What are the extra words after Diamond Heart? I've never heard anything about this and have no idea what you're talking about

If you turn up the sound really loud, after she says "diamond...heart!" at the very end you can hear "youuung wild american" play super softly.

Also the PI fart is a mess, IDK the exact timestamp but there are plenty of threads on it. Its basically a wet fart sound at one point in PI 

ApplauseftAdele
19 hours ago, Merman said:

Voted "Yes" without even thinking. I'm sorry Gaga, I'm sorry Joanne.

~~

What are "farts" in PI? And I'm also interested if we'll ever hear the original LG5. The fact is that she changed the direction of the album, because she said the new music was inspired by Countess etc. And, I swear, when I first heard Joanne, I was like: "How Countess inspired her to make this?" I love Joanne, I'm really grateful she released that album, but I still wish we got dark uptempo/midtempo songs + few ballads. Oh well, it's never too late. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, can someone explain to me, why in "Angel Down" the end of the song is so different? Like, the "transmission" (if that's the correct word) after the part: "I'd rather save an Angel down", and goes the part with her whispering along with that instrumental. So, the question is, why it seems like it was cut and just added the part with her whispering? It bugs me a lot when I listen to it, like it's not part of the song.

EDIT2: I'm sorry for long ass post.

a wet fart sound in the middle of PI. mess. search it up bc there are a lot of threads about it, idk the exact timestamp

ApplauseftAdele
19 hours ago, M Monstre said:

Wouldn't having an album full of electronic/dance/synthpop songs be better though? Her biggest hits are songs like Poker Face, Bad Romance, Just Dance, Paparazzi, Born This Way, The Edge of Glory, etc. etc.. If she had an album like that, wouldn't that create more hype for her new album and her "return?"

Million Reasons didn't really become huge until after she performed it at the Super Bowl. Joanne was a very risky direction for her to go in, it wasn't safe for her whatsoever.

Im kinda implying that if she decided to go with Electronic/Dance/Synthpop, her style would go back to somewhat crazy, avant garde, sexy, maybe even controversial, which would not rub well with the Superbowl audience. Just look at Beyonce - her first halftime show was praised, but when she brought subtle BLM imagery into it for 2016 halftime, it actually affected her negatively. Also it is plausible that the NFL commitee said she would have a better chance of geting the spot if her next album was the opposite of controversial.

Secondly, gaga didnt have that much momentum with LG5. It was mainly hyped by us who are thirsty for music, however the GP wasnt really missing Gaga. By doing Joanne, she could show the audience her personal side, which would soothe the damage of ARTPOP (everyone thought she was crazy/insane/too much like Katys witness era), gain hype from the halftime show, THEN keep the hype train goign for LG6.  Joanne was not guaranteed SUCCESS (sales, charts), but it was guaranteed praise from the GP, and maybe even guaranteed her a spot at halftime, we will never know.

It may or may not  be true, but some of it definitely could be, and it makes sense to me too. 

Archived