💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

The "Joanne/Super Bowl" Theory

ApplauseftAdele

Do You Believe This Theory? (read first)  

81 members have voted

1. 1. R u a believer

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Supersonic

"I could go on about the inconsistencies of Joanne. Why did Gaga suddenly become obsessed with her dead aunt?"

She has literally dedicated 2 pages of her booklet to her late aunt in her Debut album The Fame. Her pre-concert team cheer in the HBO Monster Ball special (filmed in Feb 2011) is "JOANNE".

Gaga was just writing songs with RedOne, than had a session with Mark Ronson who asked her "What do you HAVE to write about?" and decided she needs to get this off her chest first.

Y'all are some fake fans, do y'all even watch what Gaga does? :emma:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe most part of this is true.

Guys I know Gaga wants to be free and all that but she has an public image and her company needs it to be good so she remains as the star she is. Doing the Halftime is a huge thing for a performer, if she had the chance she had to took it no matter what, doing an americana type of album makes her very suitable for the job.

Maybe she had many projects on the desk, DarkGa or JoanneGa were the options, and she did Joanne for that tho

... and now i just sit in silence.

AndrewGr
15 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

plus many mistakes like the PI fart and the extra words at the end of diamond heart

giphy.gif

ComeToMama

I don't really agree that Gaga changed the sound of her album for the Superbowl, but I do totally agree that Joanne seemed thrown together rather fast. Im not discrediting the quality music by saying so, it was just definitely a quick reroute. 

Idk the exact reason why Gaga switched directions for the album from possible dark-pop to the Country-esque Joanne era, but there was most definitely some strategy or motive behind it, not just Gaga one day saying "I want to write an album about my late Aunt and scrap all the other material". 

But it's clearly paying off. The era brought Gaga lots of acclaim and amazing opportunities, and now there is a great longing for her to come back into the pop scene. I think the GP/radio will respond really well when she returns with a proper pop project. 

tellemhone
19 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

plus many mistakes like the PI fart

That was an enhancement if anything, and PI is a nice choice for a lead single

:air: :air: :air:

Reality
8 minutes ago, Antonoff said:

I believe most part of this is true.

Guys I know Gaga wants to be free and all that but she has an public image and her company needs it to be good so she remains as the star she is. Doing the Halftime is a huge thing for a performer, if she had the chance she had to took it no matter what, doing an americana type of album makes her very suitable for the job.

Maybe she had many projects on the desk, DarkGa or JoanneGa were the options, and she did Joanne for that tho

Wouldn't having an album full of electronic/dance/synthpop songs be better though? Her biggest hits are songs like Poker Face, Bad Romance, Just Dance, Paparazzi, Born This Way, The Edge of Glory, etc. etc.. If she had an album like that, wouldn't that create more hype for her new album and her "return?"

Million Reasons didn't really become huge until after she performed it at the Super Bowl. Joanne was a very risky direction for her to go in, it wasn't safe for her whatsoever.

🃏🖤👹

The scrapped RedOne songs were never recorded properly, all work tapes, except for Angel Down but with Mark, they barely met 5 times..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Voted "Yes" without even thinking. I'm sorry Gaga, I'm sorry Joanne.

~~

What are "farts" in PI? And I'm also interested if we'll ever hear the original LG5. The fact is that she changed the direction of the album, because she said the new music was inspired by Countess etc. And, I swear, when I first heard Joanne, I was like: "How Countess inspired her to make this?" I love Joanne, I'm really grateful she released that album, but I still wish we got dark uptempo/midtempo songs + few ballads. Oh well, it's never too late. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, can someone explain to me, why in "Angel Down" the end of the song is so different? Like, the "transmission" (if that's the correct word) after the part: "I'd rather save an Angel down", and goes the part with her whispering along with that instrumental. So, the question is, why it seems like it was cut and just added the part with her whispering? It bugs me a lot when I listen to it, like it's not part of the song.

EDIT2: I'm sorry for long ass post.

Like what you Sea?

JohnnyVersace

Tbh we'll never know. I think that she definitely shifted the tone of the album, but I think it was her choice. Remember before its release she was rocking her Saint Laurent country Malibu style for MONTHS. She decided to go raw and stripped down for whatever reason. 

4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Wouldn't having an album full of electronic/dance/synthpop songs be better though? Her biggest hits are songs like Poker Face, Bad Romance, Just Dance, Paparazzi, Born This Way, The Edge of Glory, etc. etc.. If she had an album like that, wouldn't that create more hype for her new album and her "return?"

Million Reasons didn't really become huge until after she performed it at the Super Bowl. Joanne was a very risky direction for her to go in, it wasn't safe for her whatsoever.

Actually no, pop/edm is lowkey dead since 2013, that's why ARTPOP wasn't a big thing. Doing Americana music for an american public seems a better option.

And SIS what are tou talking about, MR was a hit  before the Super Bowl, remember A-YO was the 2nd single and suddenlt changed to MR? They did it bc it had an overqhelming response from the public and sold a lot. After the SB, it returned to top 10

... and now i just sit in silence.

Darkstains
35 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

I really do believe this theory, it explains a lot about Joanne. For example, it explains why she scrapped the Grammys opportunity last minute (Intel collab and a "revolutionary" performance). It explains why Joanne feels ... incomplete? Like the music is great but it doesn't feel as cohesive (DIC and John Wayne dont feel like they necessarily belong, plus many mistakes like the PI fart and the extra words at the end of diamond heart), and Perfect Illusion feels like an underwhelming lead single and it wasn't promoted. Promoting a stripped down image for the super bowl explains the heavy promo of Million reasons. 

What do you mean with the extra words on Diamond Heart and the PI fart? As in the fact that PI just flopped and swept under the rug?

nick4bty

What are the extra words after Diamond Heart? I've never heard anything about this and have no idea what you're talking about

thehanyo

No, she switched from RedOne to Mark Ronson because he wanted to do the whole album. Also, he had just had the biggest song of the year with "Uptown Funk," which made him the hottest producer in the music world.

Reality
6 minutes ago, Antonoff said:

Actually no, pop/edm is lowkey dead since 2013, that's why ARTPOP wasn't a big thing. Doing Americana music for an american public seems a better option.

And SIS what are tou talking about, MR was a hit  before the Super Bowl, remember A-YO was the 2nd single and suddenlt changed to MR? They did it bc it had an overqhelming response from the public and sold a lot. After the SB, it returned to top 10

But those types of songs are what Gaga's known for. Look at any reaction on YouTube, everyone's bopping out to her old hits because of the nostalgic feel to them, but when you get to Million Reasons, almost no one is aware of what the song is. I get that it got big, but it didn't really get big until the Super Bowl. That's when it went #4 and that's when radios started playing it more and more.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Joanne, I love it to death, but doing an Americana-esque album seems too risky. Plus, it's not like the radio ever reflected "Americana-esque" music. Much of what was on the radio back in February is what's on the radio right now.

🃏🖤👹

TimisaMonster

She scrapped Grammy cuz of a David dying...

She didn't make Joanne just to be on the Superbowl...

Overall...she is now ready to release pop music again

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived