💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Update: I’m Skipping My Midterm for the Hype Train

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

GypsyBabe
1 hour ago, Decodekid said:

What you should do is book a show in Australia for Gaga, so she can debut Rosé, Siren, TEA, Frankeinsten, Breath and Deep Blue there

Damn, I forgot about Deep Blue :diane:

⚯͛

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Anastasia said:

I hope this is a troll, if not then I hope you actually take this in and have some empathy.

There are people out there suffering from REAL disabilities and illnesses, that are struggling everyday to be taken seriously in the workforce, education system and with their own doctors. From people who can't or can barely get out of bed due to either physical or mental pain, to maybe they do function but they struggle to live to their best potential because of the disabilities they are forced to live with. I don't know if you are joking, but either way booking time off for fake illnesses is not OK when so many people with REAL illnesses are not getting proper care.

Doing things like this, whether you really did fake an illness or are just turning this into a joke, you are encouraging those non-believers to ignore and neglect those who need proper care. If gaga releases anything new I do not see how that can affect your education, please do not lie and take away opportunities from those who actually need time off just so you can listen to a new pop song. 

Sorry. I wasn’t intended to offend anyone with my joke. It’s definitely not the best joke to make. I understand your feeling, I have an ongoing medical issue for more than 18 years now and I have to skip school from now and then. I’m just really grateful that I have teachers who understood me.

Anastasia
2 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

They were obviously kidding, chill :awkney:

If you read my other response to the member I quoted, joking about having disabilities holds those who actually do have them back. Making lighthearted jokes about missing school for a song and making up an illness is exactly why people who suffer from illnesses that can't be seen from the outside deal with more pain because people do not believe them and do not empathize as much. Its not funny, in fact its a very difficult life to live. Gaga suffers from fibro, something that is impossible to detect just by looking at her, but it is extremely painful to the sufferer, and I am sure there are many people on this site with the same issue. People who take advantage of saying they have illnesses when they do not encourage the non-believers to be abusive or neglectful. 

Pretending you are a race you are not, or you have a mental disability you do not is incredibly offensive and disgusting, the same should be said for those who pretend they have other medical conditions that they do not. Somebody pretending they have a cancer when they in fact do not have it would be seen as bizarre and disrespectful by society. Why is it ok to abuse education or work systems to take time off when you do not need it, or to even joke about it when people who are truly ill are suffering so much? 

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

Anastasia
7 minutes ago, Easy said:

Sorry. I wasn’t intended to offend anyone with my joke. It’s definitely not the best joke to make. I understand your feeling, I have an ongoing medical issue for more than 18 years now and I have to skip school from now and then. I’m just really grateful that I have teachers who understood me.

I am so sorry you are dealing with that, I hope your condition improves and you can live life to the fullest in whatever way you want to, good luck! :heart:

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

CautiousLurker
24 minutes ago, Anastasia said:

If you read my other response to the member I quoted, joking about having disabilities holds those who actually do have them back. Making lighthearted jokes about missing school for a song and making up an illness is exactly why people who suffer from illnesses that can't be seen from the outside deal with more pain because people do not believe them and do not empathize as much. Its not funny, in fact its a very difficult life to live. Gaga suffers from fibro, something that is impossible to detect just by looking at her, but it is extremely painful to the sufferer, and I am sure there are many people on this site with the same issue. People who take advantage of saying they have illnesses when they do not encourage the non-believers to be abusive or neglectful. 

Pretending you are a race you are not, or you have a mental disability you do not is incredibly offensive and disgusting, the same should be said for those who pretend they have other medical conditions that they do not. Somebody pretending they have a cancer when they in fact do not have it would be seen as bizarre and disrespectful by society. Why is it ok to abuse education or work systems to take time off when you do not need it, or to even joke about it when people who are truly ill are suffering so much? 

That's the part I have a problem with - no, jokes are not the reasons those people are suffering... They're not the reason why people doubt those who have those illnesses either... That's not what holds the entire system back... Yes, it's perfectly fine to joke about it - it all depends on the intent... INTENT you can critique all you want, but saying joking about something is wrong - if anything, that's holding society back - comedy at its core is a healing practice and that's why nothing in comedy is off limits... I'm so over explaining this to people... 

hausofbrice
1 hour ago, Booker DeWitt said:

Are you stupid?

no negativity on this site thank you

xoxo

xoxo, brice ♡

Gov Hooka
2 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

That's the part I have a problem with - no, jokes are not the reasons those people are suffering... They're not the reason why people doubt those who have those illnesses either... That's not what holds the entire system back... Yes, it's perfectly fine to joke about it - it all depends on the intent... INTENT you can critique all you want, but saying joking about something is wrong - if anything, that's holding society back - comedy at its core is a healing practice and that's why nothing in comedy is off limits... I'm so over explaining this to people... 

my god re****ingtweet :golfclap:

ItsTommyBitch

AT LEAST MAKE A BETTER EXCUSE GODDAMN :giveup: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

derpmonster
52 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

while I  think that this joke was harmless, no, it's not always about the intent. People are still held accountable for things they didn't intend to do. In which case, criticize the action, not the person.

Yes, there are things in comedy that are off limits. If you're the one suffering, then sure heal all you want. But you can't use comedy as a license to be a terrible person. It's not about intent only because you can massively ruin other people's lives without intending to. They still feel the same effects regardless of your intention.

That being said, this joke had nothing to do with disabilities and isn't offensive to me, one disabled person who has trouble going to classes. "Breaking the hip" is common slang on this website and  is not charged in any way. I laughed way too hard a this post as someone who has a midterm tomorrow.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Archived