💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Joanne made for the SuperBowl?

albert

Featured Posts

I think I saw someone say this on this site awhile back and was wondering if anybody else had more input on this. 

I always thought it was odd how Gaga suddenly dumped RedOne and moved on to Mark Ronson seemingly out of nowhere. Those two men have a completely different sound so it was odd for her to suddenly go into an entirely different direction with the album, especially considering the fact that she already finished 8 tracks with RedOne. Was it because she wanted to secure the SuperBowl slot by playing a more "straight" album to the NFL execs? She completed the album in 3 months, then later on in the year she was announced as the headliner. She did play them the album before it was released, and Mark Ronson's song was performed at the show the year before.

I always thought that made sense, but still wasn't sure. Afterall, she could have ditched RedOne because she wasn't happy with their work. With the Frankenstined rumors going around, it makes me believe this case even more. If it turns out to be true and she releases her RedOne song, that means she was satisfied with their work and ditched him for other reasons.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I mean she made Joanne to get the performance slot for the SuperBowl, not to play at the SuperBowl. You play your hits at the SuperBowl, and none of the Joanne songs were hits. She played MR there since that had the biggest shot of being a hit.

I posted about that before I remember. I think it makes perfect sense yeah. I think I thought before they maybe she knew she had the SB slot while recording Joanne but what you say makes more sense that she decided to record Joanne, played it to them and then when she secured the SB she was safe in the knowledge she would have a huge bounce post-Super Bowl so safer to take a risk like she did. The Super Bowl kind of takes away from the success of Joanne but then it did sell 200,000 first week which is impressive!

Space Cowboy

Most likely not entirely, however im sure the direction of joanne contributed to her performing at the superbowl. Joanne was the album and era most of didnt know we NEEDED. It's a smart business move and will contribute to her longevity as an artist.

TheSlash

If I can believe the chronological order of 5F2, the album was still in the works when she met with these guys of the NFL. And considering she just played one Joanne song during the whole (masterpiece of a) performance (:firega:), I highly doubt the album was made specifically for the SB :oprah:

Ew, David!

The album was probably finished very fast because Interscope gave her a firm deadline for new music. The Super Bowl was a thing to aim for, but I doubt it was the imperative to write the album, ya know? I say that especially in light of the fact that she only played one Joanne song at the show and many of the others were RedOne tracks.

Tom Nook

Probably not, but an Americana inspired album made just in time for the Super Bowl which also took placed in Houston

b8d026447effad19676de7e8ccc05c6f.gif

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

9 minutes ago, Century said:

Or she just wanted to go in a more personal direction :duck: 

All of her albums are personal. How is Joanne more personal than her previous work? You can't say it was b/c of her dead aunt, as she literally only had one song about her.

3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

The album was probably finished very fast because Interscope gave her a firm deadline for new music. The Super Bowl was a thing to aim for, but I doubt it was the imperative to write the album, ya know? I say that especially in light of the fact that she only played one Joanne song at the show and many of the others were RedOne tracks.

Why finish an album real fast with a new producer opposed to releasing the one that you had more time to work on with RedOne though? And she only played one Joanne song at the SuperBowl b/c you're supposed to play your hits at the SB. PI flopped, and she wanted to make MR a hit.

She only sang Million Reasons. Obviously not.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Just now, albert said:

All of her albums are personal. How is Joanne more personal than her previous work? You can't say it was b/c of her dead aunt, as she literally only had one song about her.

Why finish an album real fast with a new producer opposed to releasing the one that you had more time to work on with RedOne though? And she only played one Joanne song at the SuperBowl b/c you're supposed to play your hits at the SB. PI flopped, and she wanted to make MR a hit.

Well...it's Gaga. She knew she had a deadline, but from her words, Mark really helped her tap into the sound and poetry she'd been aching to write. So I think she was willing to haul ass to the finish line to be fully proud of the work she put out. In regards to the Super Bowl, though, she had other hits besides Red One's and still those were the primary ones she played. Just a call to TEOG? No Applause, her biggest radio hit? So, in that regard, I honestly don't think she wrote Joanne *for* the Superbowl because that's just not Gaga's style. Her changing ideas last minute and scrapping a whole album for a new sound is a lot more believable hahaha

1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

Well...it's Gaga. She knew she had a deadline, but from her words, Mark really helped her tap into the sound and poetry she'd been aching to write. So I think she was willing to haul ass to the finish line to be fully proud of the work she put out. In regards to the Super Bowl, though, she had other hits besides Red One's and still those were the primary ones she played. Just a call to TEOG? No Applause, her biggest radio hit? So, in that regard, I honestly don't think she wrote Joanne *for* the Superbowl because that's just not Gaga's style. Her changing ideas last minute and scrapping a whole album for a new sound is a lot more believable hahaha

I edited my post to clarify more of what I meant: she made Joanne to get the performance slot for the SuperBowl, not to play at the SuperBowl. She played all of her biggest hits at the SB (besides MR), and they all happened to be RedOne produced.

Her changing her mind and scrapping the RedOne album last minute just because she wanted to do something different is also believable, I agree. It's just the possible Frankenstined single is making me revisit the idea of Joanne being made to get the SBHT slot.

Duella Dvil
10 minutes ago, albert said:

I edited my post to clarify more of what I meant: she made Joanne to get the performance slot for the SuperBowl, not to play at the SuperBowl. She played all of her biggest hits at the SB (besides MR), and they all happened to be RedOne produced.

Her changing her mind and scrapping the RedOne album last minute just because she wanted to do something different is also believable, I agree. It's just the possible Frankenstined single is making me revisit the idea of Joanne being made to get the SBHT slot.

DITD- Fernando Garibay

Poker Face-Space Cowboy and Redone

Born This Way- Jeppe Lauren and DJWS

Telephone- DarkChild

Just Dance- Redone

Million Reasons- Ronson

Bad Romance- RedOne

RedOne has less to do with it than you'd think

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Sneaky Oliver

Superbowl had Katy and it was gay as fck I mean... not even Gaga is that gay you know 

Spoiler

note: I don't agree with stereotypes but most of the straight viewers do.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived