question

Will Gaga win an AMA?

Rifek

Featured Posts

tellemhone

Alessia was also nominated but they didn't mention her in the title :grr:

:air: :air: :air:

James Gibson

Idk Gaga has the fans who vote the most. Alessia Cara doesnt have a big fanbase and Rihanna fans dont really bother to do an effort in these stuff. Riri usually only wins in r&b categories with little competition. I really think Gaga has a good shot

AMAs usually 'respect' the people's votes (not like VMAs, EMAs who really just give to who's convenient and show up). But in case they do this, since Alessia is probably the only one attending, they may give her this one. And the poor girl has done a lot this year and is indeed talented, it would be a cute boost to her. Even though Gags should have it.

What would really piss me off is Rihanna winning. She did literally nothing music related this year. Last year would be fair (as you can see by her 2016 win). This year she had a moderate hit that peaked late. And they could've nominated any other female (katy, miley, dua lipa idk) anyone who actually worked this year. I dont really understand why so many are predicting her but I'm afraid they would award her that randomly as they do sometimes.

But hopefully Gaga will snatch it. And if the livestream performance rumour is true, it would be nice to see her accept the award in front of the fans at the concert.

Reality

The award if for "Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist." This fits Gaga to a tee. I don't know what the "requirements" are, but just by the title alone, it should go to Gaga. I don't know Rihanna as well, I don't know her influences—same with Alessia Cara—but Gaga embodies a "pop/rock" aritst. Rihanna, in my opinion, doesn't.

🃏🖤👹

Arturo

I hope so. Goldderby is good for bigger award shows like Grammys and Oscars. Im sure their AMA and VMA predictions are wonky.

James Gibson
11 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Supposedly it’s going by votes and Gaga is in the lead by over 4-5 million votes 

Wheree can you see that???

Born To Slay

Gaga did a lot more this year then Rihanna, it'd be bullshit to give it to her.

DeanWinchester

I honestly lost confidence in Gaga winning major awards but if it is fanvoted like others say it is and Gaga is in the lead then she should win it

EDIT: even in her prime/peak she never got more than 2 awards so what more now

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

GagaTheExplorer
10 hours ago, Arturo said:

I hope so. Goldderby is good for bigger award shows like Grammys and Oscars. Im sure their AMA and VMA predictions are wonky.

they lowkey hate Gaga there, and yes there are a mess predicting VMAs, AMAs or BBMAs

I think Gaga is winning, and her chance would be way better if she is actually performing as the rumor says

Archived