💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Successful eras?

Red Velvet

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, monster987 said:

she identified the album's release period as her most disappointing moment in her career
vowed never to do such thing again, as she feels it would "get equally critiqued on".
she confirmed she would never created another album like Impossible Princess
Impossible Princess was subject of scrutiny by the British public, who did not appreciate her move into indie music and electronica
noticed the sonic and lyrical similarities between this and Ray of Light
felt that the lack of proper promotion and management on Deconstruction's end was a fault to the album's commercial failure in the UK
Minogue had contemplated in retiring from the music industry for good

that doesn't sound really successful to me... Still a masterpiece of an album tbh

Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was a huge era for her. Beyonce's self titled was giant (no massive singles but was an massive era). 21/25 were massive sales wise (21 also spawned some massive hits). 

1 hour ago, BBhomemaker said:

Also the I am Sasha...fierce era 

Yea I was thinking of that too but the surprise release of self titled ultimately made it a much more massive and iconic era. 

blackpink
1 hour ago, maxblac said:

The One That Got Away did not go number 1

Oop well that’s the exception. I’m shocked that POM and WA were so successful though, the quality of those songs are horrible.

Her name was just so big at that time for her songs to go to No 1 and Top 5. 

brit4ever
8 hours ago, Ivy Aguas said:

Okay, sistrens. 

She's So Unusual era is one of the greatest example one pop culture stan can give.

First of all, her first single got to peak number 2 and it became her Bad Romance (more impactful than the songs who hit 1)

Time after Time and the following singles had been critically and commercially acclaimed.

Controversy stirred up when She Bop was all about masturbation but was a minor controversy.

She got herself to be nominated to the 4 major categories: ROTY,AOTY,SOTY And Best New Artist.

The Believe era is also a great example.

The lead single hit number 1 and got to be there for a straight month.

Strong Enough was a small hit but hitted no.1 for Dance charts.

Believe won Best Dance Recording, which finally gave her her first Grammy on her solo career.

Do You Believe... Tour has been the best-selling tour by a female solo artist in the last century.

I have no idea who are you talking about...... :awkney: 

BBhomemaker
6 hours ago, tthen said:

Miseducation of Lauryn Hill was a huge era for her. Beyonce's self titled was giant (no massive singles but was an massive era). 21/25 were massive sales wise (21 also spawned some massive hits). 

Yea I was thinking of that too but the surprise release of self titled ultimately made it a much more massive and iconic era. 

Yes specially with the 2 tours before, during and after the album released and in late 2014 the "EP" related to the album :diane:

TheRoof
10 hours ago, brit4ever said:

I have no idea who are you talking about...... :awkney: 

Cyndi Lauper

LetsGetHigh

TFM was so huge that it's success carried on with BTW but then overexposure happened and everyone got tired of Gags. Two huge eras. Loved them so much tho.

Biggest pop girl eras are The Fame/Fame Monster, Baby One More Time, and The Bodyguard.

She's So Unsual and Like A Virgin are pretty high up there as well.

Guest bostonGUY

Was The Pinkprint Era wildly successful? I love Nicki and remember hearing Truffle Butter and The Night Is Still Young quite often on the radio

holy scheisse

On 10/27/2017 at 8:19 AM, monster987 said:

These are the most successful eras in pop history (at least for me).

Janet Jackson: Control, Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814, janet. and All for You

Madonna: Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, Music, Confessions on a Dance Floor

Lady Gaga: The Fame Monster and Born This Way

Fergie: The Dutchess

Michael Jackson: Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad

Britney Spears: ...Baby One More Time, Oops!... I Did It Again, In the Zone, Circus

Cher: Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves, Take Me Home, Heart of Stone and Believe.

Cyndi Lauper: She's So Unusual

Mariah Carey: Mariah Carey, Music Box, Daydream, The Emancipation of Mimi

Celine Dion: Falling Into You, Let's Talk About Love

Whitney Houston: Whitney, Whitney Houston and The Bodyguard

Shania Twain: Come on Over

Katy Perry: Teenage Dream

Christina Aguilera: Christina Aguilera and Stripped

Taylor Swift: Fearless and 1989

Kylie Minogue: Kylie, Impossible Princess and Fever

Prince: Purple Rain

David Bowie: Let's Dance

Justin Timberlake: FutureSex/LoveShow

All of this! 

Plus

I feel like Britney's Femme Fatale was a success. 3 big singles, 1 minor single, collaged with Nicki Minaj and Kesha who were big at the time, brought dubstep to pop which hadn't really been done yet it was still a separate entity for the most part.

I feel like Kelly Clarkson had a successful pop era with whatever that album was that had mr know it all, stronger, dark side, etc. On it. Those songs were everywhere 

Also Bruno Mars debut. Had like 3 smash singles and he instantly got to a list fame pretty much 

1989 came to mind. 6 million PURE copies sold in the US.10 million copies sold world wide. 3 number 1 hits, 3 Grammys including AOTY.

brit4ever
14 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

All of this! 

Plus

I feel like Britney's Femme Fatale was a success. 3 big singles, 1 minor single, collaged with Nicki Minaj and Kesha who were big at the time, brought dubstep to pop which hadn't really been done yet it was still a separate entity for the most part.

+ a collab with Rihanna, two #1 hits(Hold It Against Me and S&M Remix) and a successfull World Tour. The album sold only 2,5 Million WW, but also sold 17 Million singles, it was a pretty sollid era. 

15 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

All of this! 

Plus

I feel like Kelly Clarkson had a successful pop era with whatever that album was that had mr know it all, stronger, dark side, etc. On it. Those songs were everywhere 

Also Bruno Mars debut. Had like 3 smash singles and he instantly got to a list fame pretty much 

‘Blackout’ already brought dubstep into pop on ‘Freakshow’ 

Archived