💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

Just imagine how many albums Adele would've sold if this was the 1980's. I think she'd sell 30-45 million albums. :flutter:

Adele's album sales wouldn't stand out as much in the 80s, since Teenage Dream would be selling like Like a Virgin or True Blue with all the catchy #1 singles. Back then, having hit singles that appealed to teens was best way of selling albums. Now you need a Monster fanbase or appeal to older people, and the money is in tours.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Klou

• Americano

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Jase

Just for us to feel even more depressed, I want you to watch the EUH-MA-ZIN' performance of Floride Wild Ones at the Much Music video awards live. So much talent ! New Michael Jackson for sure ! These vocals ! The set !

http://www.youtube.c...ECEB0533[/media]

That just numbed my brain

That just numbed my brain

This is a "fan" video. Broadcasted live was even worse. You just have no idea...

Adele's album sales wouldn't stand out as much in the 80s, since Teenage Dream would be selling like Like a Virgin or True Blue with all the catchy #1 singles. Back then, having hit singles that appealed to teens was best way of selling albums. Now you need a Monster fanbase or appeal to older people, and the money is in tours.

Adele's has had pretty huge hits. Rolling In The Deep, Someone Like You, and Set Fire To The Rain. Imagine how much bigger SFTTR would be if it had a video as well as Rumor Has It. :flutter: Teens probably wouldn't dig Adele in the 80's because it was all about fun pop but if they did it'd be phenomenal.

We had ballads and soul singers in the 80s too. It's just while Adele might sell 2 or 3 times more, Teenage Dream would sell 10x more in US.

I knew Whistle would be a monster - it was #1 in Oz almost all of May and June, and has been #1 on Canadian itunes for a couple weeks.

Edited by craig

DaEdgeOfGloryYo

Yeah, Adele's sales wouldn't be that different in the '80s.

I think very few people illegally downloaded that album. Once everyone else started buying it, it just became the thing to have. Like Jagged Little Pill - everyone owned it.

Edited by DaEdgeOfGloryYo

Shadow

Perhaps Adele's music appealed to an older audience and from what I've seen, older folks tend to buy more than digitally downloading illegally. Maybe the new piracy policies will change that for younger markets.

Dancing in the Shadow... 🖤

Arturo

Perhaps Adele's music appealed to an older audience and from what I've seen, older folks tend to buy more than digitally downloading illegally. Maybe the new piracy policies will change that for younger markets.

Doubt "older" people know how to do it. That's why. I'm not saying it's hard but still

21 definitely would have sold SUBSTANTIALLY more if it came out 20-30, or even 10 years ago.

heavymlover

37. We Run the Night (feat. Pitbull) - Havana Brown

This needs to climb already

Have you heard 'You'll be mine'?

I read it will be her next single. I like this girl.

Edited by heavymlover

Shadow

Doubt "older" people know how to do it. That's why. I'm not saying it's hard but still

That's what I mean. Older folks aren't as tech savvy. Think about the demographics and how substantial the Baby Boomer cohort is among the population compared to younger cohorts. That is a big market to appeal to.

Dancing in the Shadow... 🖤

Jase

Have you heard 'You'll be mine'?

I heard it will be her next single. I like this girl.

Nope -youtubes-

I do wish WRTN would smash, though. Such a huge club anthem.

...and that was my 36,000th post :rofl:

Arturo

That's what I mean. Older folks aren't as tech savvy. Think about the demographics and how substantial the Baby Boomer cohort is among the population compared to younger cohorts. That is a big market to appeal to.

Yeah,

And like you said, I'm hoping the new piracy policy helps. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only kid at my highschool that DOESN'T illegally download music :deadbanana: Quite sad :nails:

The only people from my high school I knew that bought music legally bought Mumford & Sons and crap like Lil Wayne :pukey:

And of course, country music (I live in the south). Taylor Swift especially since she appealed to redneck girls and non-redneck girls alike.