Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Joanne Certified Platinum, Gaga reacts

gag

Featured Posts

How many 2016/2017 albums have gone platinum?

Anti, Lemonade, 24k magic, Damn, Divide, Metallica, what else?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123
13 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

How many 2016/2017 albums have gone platinum?

Anti, Lemonade, 24k magic, Damn, Divide, Metallica, what else?

Starboy and This Is Acting.

1 hour ago, changingitup said:

I like how you think that Gaga isn't one of the biggest people in the industry right now... can you just look at her latest tour numbers really quick and come back to this thread? 

Yes, and she's a person in demand for big events, like the SB, performing in front of 5 presidents, etc.

But she's also big in a more important definition of the word:  magnanimous, generous.  She may suffer from physical weaknesses, but the strength of her character is outstanding.  Rather than drag others, she praises them and she helps them, and gives them credit.  Truly a big person.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Maybe Interscope took note of how Kesha's cert came so quickly after she was eligible.  Two very deserving artists.  I'm so happy.

I live outside the space time continuum.

And it's not a typical pop album of bops, tropical beats and ballads.  She is probably more proud that this went platinum rather than the more commercial ARTPOP.

GhettoFabulous

If the Grammys recognize actual talent she’d honestly win a few :diane: because: 

4293a5644b008633f33717a26aea0a0f.jpg

1. She didn’t use autotune 

2. All samples are analog 

3. A platinum single + platinum album  

4. A different album/era compared to her others , shows artistic growth 

5. It’s what she deserves 

6. She has a writing and a producing credit on all the tracks 

I’m really proud of her honestly truly, will be rooting for he next year and if she doesn’t win one it’ll be cool cuz that would mean it would’ve gone to Kendrick :neyde:(I won’t accept anyone else) 

FinnishGypsy

I posit that this means a great deal to her, because even though all of Lady Gaga's previous albums have also gone platinum, this is the first time that Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta herself has achieved a platinum record. 

Congratulations Joanne!

giphy.gif

Fiona Apple
4 hours ago, GhettoFabulous said:

If the Grammys recognize actual talent she’d honestly win a few :diane: because: 

4293a5644b008633f33717a26aea0a0f.jpg

1. She didn’t use autotune 

2. All samples are analog 

3. A platinum single + platinum album  

4. A different album/era compared to her others , shows artistic growth 

5. It’s what she deserves 

6. She has a writing and a producing credit on all the tracks 

I’m really proud of her honestly truly, will be rooting for he next year and if she doesn’t win one it’ll be cool cuz that would mean it would’ve gone to Kendrick :neyde:(I won’t accept anyone else) 

Umm compare those things with the stats of Damn

malazam
20 hours ago, Creyk said:

This will give her good buzz during grammy votes.

Excellent timing

Do you believe in magic after flop?

another shot before we kiss the other side

scallywally
On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:58 AM, Ronk said:

Yes, and she's a person in demand for big events, like the SB, performing in front of 5 presidents, etc.

But she's also big in a more important definition of the word:  magnanimous, generous.  She may suffer from physical weaknesses, but the strength of her character is outstanding.  Rather than drag others, she praises them and she helps them, and gives them credit.  Truly a big person.

The SB was a big deal! BUT there wouldn't be many artists that would perform in front of those 5 presidents. They would say no.

Archived