💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Feedback from "A Star Is Born" early screening last night

Neight Shayde

Featured Posts

youandi
2 hours ago, FameHookah said:

what are "pacing issues"? like the movie drags at some points? srry my english is kinda weak :sweat:

Whilst some have said its about the editing, it can be for a number of reasons. 

The simplest way to put it is like you said, it might drag at some points, but at the same time, other scenes might feel rushed or disjointed 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they did not invite just fans to the screening, if it was intended as a test to check audience reaction the less the people who watch it first are gaga stans, the better.

Besides, the fact the Warner decided to release the movie earlier, and after a (rather positive) first screening for inside employees, could mean they think the movie is Oscar worthy, as a whole or some part of it (namely the Soundtrack), and it could really be a hit, after a good word of mouth in social media. My bet is they think the movie could really appeal people that are not interested just because there's Gaga in it. But it is just my opinion.

For the pacing issues, I suppose it is normal, since the movie is most likely still in its "Rough Cut" stage.

I am not expecting a Masterpiece anyway, I would be satisfied with a good movie with good performances and good music, a mix between a "decent hollywood movie" and a "pop star vehicle movie", if the movie is not a "the only reason to seen it is the Pop Star starring in it" kind of movie, it would be enough for me.

Bradley Cooper has been so far a very smart actor, and he chooses his roles wisely (I don't remember a movie with him in it that was completely bad). For his directorial debut, I hope he maintains the same quality standards.

Anyway, I watched so many bad movies just for the main star (Madonna and so on) that even if the movie is not that good, I am just waiting to pre-order the Deluxe UHD Blu-ray of it. :D

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Supersonic

Honestly.... Some of y'all are mental saying "stans won't give unbiased feedback of course they're gonna praise it and Gaga's performance"

Like.... are you not stans? Are you not doubting the validity of the criticism? Are you not the people who think Gaga's acting is questionable in the first place? What makes you think their opinions differ so much from your own? :selena:

In case y'all didn't notice: A good 90% of y'all are rude c*nts, and this is the only time where Gaga and her team ASKED for an honest opinion. What makes you think they're gonna hold back now? Y'all made PI flop and declared it as the worst single Gaga has ever released on GGD, that's why she abandoned it right after the music video came out. They're always listening. :selena:

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, DrewPa said:

Bradley Cooper has been so far a very smart actor, and he chooses his roles wisely (I don't remember a movie with him in it that was completely bad). For his directorial debut, I hope he maintains the same quality standards.

American Sniper :selena:

Okay guys first of all there's no such thing as an unbiased critic sorry for bursting your bubble :giggle:

And this is one of those test-screenings so they can see how the people react, which parts they like the most, what they don't like and overall impressions. Pacing issues will be certainly corrected by May, after the people's feedback. 

Let's not worry and hope it's a good movie, after all! :unicorn:

Just now, Supersonic said:

American Sniper :selena:

well, I did not watch it yet, but it has been nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars, and it got a 72% on Rotten Tomatoes, despite some found its content (and the fake baby lol) quite controversial, I suppose not everyone thinks it is a bad movie ;)

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Neight Shayde
1 hour ago, Spock said:

but that wouldn't make any sense though. A test screening is to test a movie with a big enough sampled demographic in order to get varied and objective feedback and make changes, so the movie is liked by most people when it comes out. If the test audience were Gaga fans that would make no sense.

Also they make you sign NDAs up to your ears, so other than the tweets saying I liked it/I didn't I wouldn't trust them, just saying

A writer for Entertainment Weekly (Gaga fan, frequent GGD member) has given some feedback on GGD about the first (not this one) test screening for the movie (no plot spoliers, just the general feedback), so I don't think the NDA is that strict.

16 minutes ago, BrothaGaga said:

A writer for Entertainment Weekly (Gaga fan, frequent GGD member) has given some feedback on GGD about the first (not this one) test screening for the movie (no plot spoliers, just the general feedback), so I don't think the NDA is that strict.

Where's that I'd like to see.:toofunny:

1 minute ago, JorgitoShan said:

Where's that I'd like to see.:toofunny:

It's not his feedback, he just mentioned he heard from some colleagues. :gaycat: you can find it somewhere in charts thread. It was quoted there recently.:hor:

36 minutes ago, BrothaGaga said:

Yeah I saw that, and he also said that there was things he couldn't say because of the NDA so 

im not saying these are ironclads like marvel's but you can't go about yapping about it and doing g&a's on twitter, that's what I meant 

who will love me when the night is over

Nickypie101

My rich friend saw it last night in LA and he said it was amazing, he said he shed a tear and that gaga did amazing, he also said that in one scene you can see her full pus** lmao

8 minutes ago, Nickolas724 said:

My rich friend saw it last night in LA and he said it was amazing, he said he shed a tear and that gaga did amazing, he also said that in one scene you can see her full pus** lmao

Is your rich friend a fan of Gaga? :bon:

If the pus** is true, Gaga's been showing too much skin lately. Boobies in FF2 and now pus**:gum:

16 minutes ago, Nickolas724 said:

DIC cancelledT :bye:

❗ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗

Teal Ambition
3 hours ago, Spock said:

but that wouldn't make any sense though. A test screening is to test a movie with a big enough sampled demographic in order to get varied and objective feedback and make changes, so the movie is liked by most people when it comes out. If the test audience were Gaga fans that would make no sense.

Also they make you sign NDAs up to your ears, so other than the tweets saying I liked it/I didn't I wouldn't trust them, just saying

Believe what you want. I don't think she would lie. She's pretty close to Gaga's team from what I've seen.

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Archived