Females snubbed at the AMAs

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
8 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

I know I'm going to be roasted for this, but haven't females been really outshined this year? Like when Cardi B got the number one song, everybody was celebrating because females haven't gone number one very often this year. In that sense, AMAs are just reflecting the current state of affairs in USA, however tragic 

but the chainsmokers, who have one the worst rated albums of all time have been nominated so many times so it's not making any sense :selena: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

bumblebee
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

but the chainsmokers, who have one the worst rated albums of all time have been nominated so many times so it's not making any sense :selena: 

Their nominations say "favorite", not "best" :selena:

I always thought AMAs were a popularity contest, never has it come to my mind that their were in the front of music critique:lana:    

ryanripley
Just now, bumblebee said:

Their nominations say "favorite", not "best" :selena:

I always thought AMAs were a popularity contest, never has it come to my mind that their were in the front of music critique:lana:    

imagine winning artist of the year with your debut album sitting at 1.7/10 on metacritic :selena: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

9 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

Ok, so Gaga is for sure a no show. I can see Rihanna deciding to stay home or go on another vacation to Barbados to escape the cold weather. All we need is for Alessia to stay home too to humiliate the AMAs for snubbing women.

I second this. I want Gags to win and livestream from her concert saying 'F*CK AMAs" :lolly:

bumblebee
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

imagine winning artist of the year with your debut album sitting at 1.7/10 on metacritic :selena: 

The decay would be real :selena:

zakariah

I honestly don’t think Drake & The Chainsmokers deserve to be nominated for AOTY.  Drake literally dropped a mixtape and then vanished, and Chainsmokers’s album might very well be the worst album of 2017. 

Imo, those 2 places should have been given to Gaga & Kesha. Especially Kesha after all the sh!t she’s been through. 

Also, watch every single one of them not acknowledge the lack of Females in the category & just go on to thank the AMAs for nominating them. 

award shows are so irrelevant these days, especially the 2nd and 3rd tier ones like the AMAS. Even oscars and grammys are not on pace with what our culture has been deeming significant. I wouldn't lose sleep over it ladies

SHOOKGA

Not very born this way of them, I find it quite ugly of them

Not very born this way of you 😫

DiscoHeaven23

Umm "Closer" wasn't even a single in this time time frame. Its from last summer.

What you doing AMAs?

AmericanGUY

this just further confirms the theory that music awards are over and don't mean scheiße

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

codymonster

But some years it’s mostly women :sweat: It all depends on whats hot that year. We’ve been saying on here how men have been dominating the charts the past year, so then obvs a reward show based on charts would be reflecting that. 

I think calling them sexist and misogynistic is a little much:emma:

monketsharona

Just look at the charts though, male artists dominated 2016 / 2017 easily... And we all know AMA are only about charts...

Probably why Lady Gaga never got regularly awarded there, a mess

Archived