question

RPDR: Most Overrated and Underrated Queen

rumours

Featured Posts

BlaqJezus
20 hours ago, PeterPan said:

:saladga: 

20 hours ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

A lot of her music is bad on purpose, it's accompanied by a goofy performance.

When it comes down to it you can only keep and maintain your drag character so far when lipping to other artists. You know what I mean?

#itsPerformanceArt

Just a heads up? This is called a Bitch Track. It's a traditional Drag Queen style of music, in which a beat plays and the song is mostly spoken instead of sung, using fierce or chic language to inspire a feeling of power in the listener...

If you're going to come for a Queen, know their art and bring a criticism. If you don't understand their art, that's fine, but the people who know drag are going to see straight through that as a baseless criticism. There is a lot of work and thought that goes into most of what drag queens do, contrary to the popular opinion of just "looking fierce" or whatever.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RabbitHeart

Underrated: YARA SOFIA deserved top 2 with raja & i'll stay sad

Supersonic

Overrated: pretty much almost every fan favorite (Valentina, Jaymes Mansfield, Laila McQueen, Raja)

Underrated. Stacey Layne Matthews!!!!!!!!!

Duella Dvil
4 hours ago, BlaqJezus said:

Just a heads up? This is called a Bitch Track. It's a traditional Drag Queen style of music, in which a beat plays and the song is mostly spoken instead of sung, using fierce or chic language to inspire a feeling of power in the listener...

If you're going to come for a Queen, know their art and bring a criticism. If you don't understand their art, that's fine, but the people who know drag are going to see straight through that as a baseless criticism. There is a lot of work and thought that goes into most of what drag queens do, contrary to the popular opinion of just "looking fierce" or whatever.

Mine wasn't a critique, mine was explaining specifically Alaska's music is campy

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Duella Dvil

Underrated: ACID BETTY she has been painted as one of the meanest queens (in a bad way) on RPDR but honestly she has the right. Every look of hers is so METICULOUSLY crafted and curated, from contact to the types of sparkles she uses.

Over-rated: Every. Single. Queen. From. Last. Season. Every one of them felt so unoriginal or like some kind of other queen it was boring as hell. I couldn't watch more than two episodes. (I did also check for every look, as I am a Raja/Raven fan. Also Pearl. She's not that cute outta drag and she's just another blonde in drag. NEXT

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Flippy

Overrated: Valentina

Underrated: Jaymes Mansfield/Laila McQueen

:lolly:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

DrKindnessKunt1999

Underrated: Jessica Wild, Jinx Monsoon, Mrs. Kasha Davis and Mimi Imfurst (people don't give her credit for being funny)

Overrated: Pearl, Naomi Smalls (basically any forgettable looks queen who doesn't really pull anything else out of their sleeve) 

PlasticHo
On 10/4/2017 at 10:06 PM, Letmelivemylife said:

Over-rated: Valentina

Under-rated: Joselyn Fox. I stil don't know how she lost miss congeniality. Shes like the freakin poster child for what miss congeniality should be. If I was ever on drag race, I'd be the joselyn haha. 

LOVE Joslyn! I also really rooted for Vivacious. Both underrated to me. 

RAMROD
19 minutes ago, PlasticHo said:

I also really rooted for Vivacious.

have heard her new song on iTunes yet? :sis:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

PlasticHo
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

have heard her new song on iTunes yet? :sis:

Ohh no, I haven't. I'll have to find it! 

RAMROD
9 minutes ago, PlasticHo said:

Ohh no, I haven't. I'll have to find it! 

The single is called Ornacia :applause:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

LordEnigma
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:41 PM, PeterPan said:

the better question is why do all RPDR queens keep making albums?  lol like who even listens to that

You do understand it is sarcastic and humorous. They aren't trying to be the most talented singer on the planet.

Archived