Jump to content
society

Hugh Hefner, Playboy founder, dies


Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, Alexander Levi said:

No :toofunny:

But I think that’s an important factor into it. But, to my knowledge, she didn’t objectify women and treat them as her property :nails:

Anyway, I hope the family is doing well... I just can’t justify how he treated women. 

But those women wanted to be there. Wanted to be sexual. Wanted to have freedom that their current society did not allow. He didn't purchase them. 

⚯͛
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

Death is sad, but whoever his current wife is...:classy:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!
Link to post
Share on other sites

LordEnigma
2 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

But those women wanted to be there. Wanted to be sexual. Wanted to have freedom that their current society did not allow. He didn't purchase them. 

Oh my god.

Just look up the controversies of the Playboy Bunny house by some of his girlfriends. It’s not like he treated all of them with respect.

People should be allowed to be as sexual as they want to be but that still means there has to be respect on both sides.

Link to post
Share on other sites

GypsyBabe
7 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Oh my god.

Just look up the controversies of the Playboy Bunny house by some of his girlfriends. It’s not like he treated all of them with respect.

People should be allowed to be as sexual as they want to be but that still means there has to be respect on both sides.

I guess that I just don't view things as black or white. We agree to disagree. :hug:

Again, they chose to be there, and they had the ability to leave at any time. They were willing to stay because they enjoyed the perks. 

I don't agree with the lifestyle at all. I just view the women at the Playboy Mansion as using their sexuality in power and business...which is their right. 

I can't fault them or Hefner, when I do the same things on a much smaller scale. I can't pretend that I don't flirt like hell to get out of tickets or get my car inspected for free. :toofunny:

⚯͛
Link to post
Share on other sites

LordEnigma
4 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

I guess that I just don't view things as black or white. We agree to disagree.

Again, they chose to be there, and they had the ability to leave at any time. They were willing to stay because they enjoyed the perks. 

I don't agree with the lifestyle at all. I just view the women at the Playboy Mansion as using their sexuality in power and business...which is their right. 

I can't fault them or Hefner, when I do the same things on a much smaller scale. I can't pretend that I don't flirt like hell to get out of tickets or get my car inspected for free. :toofunny:

I don’t know... it’s pretty dangerous to say that the woman chooses to be in a relationship and she can leave at any time....

I mean could you not say that abuse victims? It was their choice to stay? (I’m NOT saying he abused women by any means).

I mean, it seems like he could easily blackmail these women and it wasn’t just a walk in the park. Telling women that they should watch their weight when they are in the most perfect shape is NOT ok... I don’t care if you have the choice to leave or not :toofunny:

Link to post
Share on other sites

thatfoxyfeeling
33 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

So I can be a shitty person but be really good at my job and that makes me an icon. 

And so what if the women were in it for the money? That doesn’t give him the right to treat them like property. :emma:

 

24 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

No :toofunny:

But I think that’s an important factor into it. But, to my knowledge, she didn’t objectify women and treat them as her property :nails:

Anyway, I hope the family is doing well... I just can’t justify how he treated women. 

You do realise that they’re just accusations and he has never been convicted for mistreating women? Gaga has had numerous accusations against her, many celebrities do. You sound hypocritical, I bet you watch **** all the time and against women embracing their sexuality and enjoying sex.

Link to post
Share on other sites

GypsyBabe
Just now, Alexander Levi said:

I don’t know... it’s pretty dangerous to say that the woman chooses to be in a relationship and she can leave at any time....

I mean could you not say that abuse victims? It was their choice to stay? (I’m NOT saying he abused women by any means).

I mean, it seems like he could easily blackmail these women and it wasn’t just a walk in the park. Telling women that they should watch their weight when they are in the most perfect Health is NOT ok... I don’t care if you have the choice to leave or not :toofunny:

Well physical and mental abuse is obviously different. I also have always promoted body acceptance. 

I just think that Hefner is an easy person to vilify is all. I also feel like feminists attack him so fervently when I just have a different view on the whole situation. For individuals who are pro-feminism to speak so openly about women's rights and freedoms, but to speak openly about their disgust at Playboy just doesnt make sense to me. Playboy was a launching point for many women into the careers that they wanted, and gave them sexual power in an oppressive time where they were simply viewed as "get in the kitchen and make me a sandwich and you better have sex with me later because you owe it to me"...

Women's rights should be all encompassing. Just because you don't agree with whether or not the behavior is morally valid is irrelevant. The professional prostitute is no different than a CEO in my mind as they both have equal power. Just like the women in the Playboy Mansion used their sexuality to get them ahead. 

Not so much trying to argue, just some thoughts I guess. :shrug:

⚯͛
Link to post
Share on other sites

LordEnigma
11 minutes ago, JamesFox said:

 

You do realise that they’re just accusations and he has never been convicted for mistreating women? Gaga has had numerous accusations against her, many celebrities do. You sound hypocritical, I bet you watch **** all the time and against women embracing their sexuality and enjoying sex.

You don’t have to commit a crime to have mistreated a woman :sweat:

Thank you for your assumptions of me. I actually dislike most **** and I think women should be free to do what they want. I encourage it as long as it is safe and respectful on both sides. You assume because I don’t like Hugh that I think women should just be housewives :toofunny: please

Link to post
Share on other sites

RAMROD

He had the most fun in the world while he lives. And he helped to break the taboo too while doing it.

All the women who think they're sexy and enjoy being complimented and admired for it have a venue to do so and don't have to be afraid to be drag into BS like the guilt trip that some people will always want to do. It helped women to understand their sex appeal and how to use it.

Playboy magazine will always be a part of pop culture history whether you like it or not.

Without it we won't have SEX book by Madonna, or Victoria's Secrets Angels and many more things.

So I give him that. Hope he is rest in peace.

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Link to post
Share on other sites

Robagaga

:rip: 

Sorry for your mom btw :ohno:

take care!

:kara: 

 

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa, rip:pray:

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...