Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
charts

ALL Charts Discussion: Joanne hits 1/2 billion streams on Spotify

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

Maybe they could work their Bad Romance magic. I'm still skeptical of it have 11m US units but I'll take it 

They should too for Telephone. I just used your calculations for Alejandro, and it would currently be at 4,87M SPS. :selena:

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
6 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

If Just Dance gets Diamond along with The Fame also going Diamond :giveup:

That would be huge for Gaga. Other than Adele when was the last Diamond album released?

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, JustLikeHoney said:

That would be huge for Gaga. Other than Adele when was the last Diamond album released?

Taylor Swift has one with Red, I think

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

FRANZGA

next year.. her 10th year.. I want em to certify

JD - Diamond

TF (M) - Diamond

BTW (Album) - 4x Plat 

:giveup:

and before yearend..

JOANNE - Plat

ARTPOP - Plat

MR - 2x Plat

TC - Plat

PI - Gold

BTW Song - 5X Plat

Telephone - 5X Plat

Alejandro - 3X Plat

Paparazzi - 4X Plat

shall we consider DONATIONS for CERTS now?? :oprah: :saladga:

FRANZGA
1 minute ago, DeanWinchester said:

nope.. still no Diamond album after Adele.. Fearless and 1989 by TS is also nearing 9M SPS...

WildAmerican
6 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

They should too for Telephone. I just used your calculations for Alejandro, and it would currently be at 4,87M SPS. :selena:

Maybe they'll do a tenth-anniversary mega-cert update where they update like 20 things.  

viniferrett
Just now, WildAmerican said:

Maybe they'll do a tenth-anniversary mega-cert updated where they update like 20 things.  

:selena:

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, FRANZGA said:

nope.. still no Diamond album after Adele.. Fearless and 1989 by TS is also nearing 9M SPS...

well then Gaga better get that diamond album first. American monsters should organize streaming parties for Just Dance and The Fame (album).

Apparently since my account is Canadian, even when I cross the border, my streams count for Canada :madge:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, DeanWinchester said:

and that one was country album. That's incredible Gaga would have the last pop/dance album to be certified Diamond of that decade. :whitney: 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

FRANZGA

by the way just found out that Shania's UP is certified 11X Plat even with only 5.5M sold.. and I read somewhere that there's a rule for it in a multi disc album, since that album has a Red and Blue Version..

How true is that?? and by any chance, is it applicable to TF(M) double CD Version?? :oprah:

Supersonic

well then Gaga better get that diamond album first. American monsters should organize streaming parties for Just Dance and The Fame (album).

Apparently since my account is Canadian, even when I cross the border, my streams count for Canada :madge:

Streaming parties are fine but it would a be lot easier to just permamently discount The Fame and have like... Black Friday deals or some target deals. Hell even a 10 year anniversary edition might push it over the edge. :madge:

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, FRANZGA said:

by the way just found out that Shania's UP is certified 11X Plat even with only 5.5M sold.. and I read somewhere that there's a rule for it in a multi disc album, since that album has a Red and Blue Version..

How true is that?? and by any chance, is it applicable to TF(M) double CD Version?? :oprah:

it was a double album so it counts as two sales. it has to do with the length of the album.

FRANZGA

and now that 1989 is on Spotify, I guess that album will reach Diamond first because of the crazy youtube views and the spotidy boost that'll happen after REPUTATION.  . :madge:

DeanWinchester
Just now, Supersonic said:

it would a be lot easier to just permamently discount The Fame and have like... Black Friday deals or some target deals.

Bobby won't even discount Just Dance every time Gaga does something major (i.e., superbowl, 5F2). It's like he DOESN'T want JD to be certified diamond.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Yup. If you bring out an album that has two discs it counts as two sales on Billboard (and certifications), they introduced that rule back in the mid 2000's, hence there was an influx of double disc albums and deluxe versions with a second CD (Back to Basics by Xtina, I Am... Sasha Fierce by Beyoncé for example).

If you sell an iTunes deluxe album that contains a bonus video clip, it counts as two record sales too (since the bonus video would have to be on a DVD if it was a physical album).

• PartySick locked and unpinned this topic

Archived