Featured Posts

Just now, Unbeweavable said:

It means 'does not equal' 

Ok, thanks! XD

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Her backing vocals are so loud that they sound like lipsync. And claiming they are just backing vocals is a lame excuse to be honest.

I understand she uses it because she dances her ass off on stage and most times she is breathless, but I'd rather have her quiet singing her heart out. I remember the BTWBall was most of the times backing vocals.

I think she has changed though. Although I haven't seen her live for the Joanne World Tour, I think her backing vocals nowadays are not as loud as they used to be. I hope so.

They are sig-NIFICANTLY quieter at the Joanne Tour, I went to the St. Paul show, best night of my life, and first/best concert I've been to! But yeah, having loud backing tracks is actually NOT a lame excuse because of the fact that there are certain parts of an arena that have different sounds, some parts have the band louder, some areas have the backing track vocals louder, and some (especially behind the stage) have the live vocal feed louder than other areas. So don't pull the "loud backing vocal track is bad" excuse to phone camera footage because it could be a whole 'nother story to the rest of the audience :3

joannesrats
1 minute ago, DCgaga said:

They are sig-NIFICANTLY quieter at the Joanne Tour, I went to the St. Paul show, best night of my life, and first/best concert I've been to! But yeah, having loud backing tracks is actually NOT a lame excuse because of the fact that there are certain parts of an arena that have different sounds, some parts have the band louder, some areas have the backing track vocals louder, and some (especially behind the stage) have the live vocal feed louder than other areas. So don't pull the "loud backing vocal track is bad" excuse to phone camera footage because it could be a whole 'nother story to the rest of the audience :3

Not really, all the input is fed into a mixer and balanced so the entire stadium or arena gets the same sound. 

Just now, PhillipBagshaw said:

Not really, all the input is fed into a mixer and balanced so the entire stadium or arena gets the same sound. 

Not entirely true:

Here, the instrumentals are louder in this clip

And here the vocals are louder

Not saying your statement is untrue, but that's just how it works in an arena, some spots are more echoey, some more treble, some more bassy, and some more vocal ready 39F2821E00000578-0-image-a-19_1477996909

joannesrats

Not entirely true:

Here, the instrumentals are louder in this clip

And here the vocals are louder

Not saying your statement is untrue, but that's just how it works in an arena, some spots are more echoey, some more treble, some more bassy, and some more vocal ready 39F2821E00000578-0-image-a-19_1477996909

It really depends on the microphone of whatever camera you're using. Some are more prone to picking up lower frequency sounds, mid, or highs compared to others. 

Just now, PhillipBagshaw said:

It really depends on the microphone of whatever camera you're using. Some are more prone to picking up lower frequency sounds, mid, or highs compared to others. 

True, I haven't thought about that. But I just remembered. Me and my dad were sitting behind the stage, here's the footage, ignore the awful screaming XD

And then we moved to the far end of the arena because we thought it would be easier to see the performance, so we moved right before Bad Romance and got there 1/6 of the way in the song, totally ruined the mood XD, and I noticed a much bassier feeling over there, like it almost sounded more muddy or something compared to where we were, so luckily when the song ended we rushed right back to where we were and when we did she just finished her speech and then sang The Cure, which made my cry btw XD

Like here (I don't have my own clip):

Regina George
38 minutes ago, DCgaga said:

No, it was all live, just the backing vocals were WAY too loud! 

Fort Lauderdale: If you listen closely you can hear her singing the high harmony at 5:42... not lip syncing XD

Uncasville: CLEARLY singing with the backing track, you can tell at 1:57 XD

She lip synced few first dates and it’s a fact- im not going to argue about facts. 

Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

She lip synced few first dates and it’s a fact- im not going to argue about facts. 

Prove to me it's a fact before telling me XD 

You can hear her singing, deal close, I'm not gonna argue 😂

Regina George
2 minutes ago, DCgaga said:

Prove to me it's a fact before telling me XD 

You can hear her singing, deal close, I'm not gonna argue 😂

First ArtRave she CLEARLY lip synced chorus 

fact proved. case closed. Have a great day. 

Would it make you mad if I said I can hear her voice at 3:10 XD

Regina George

Would it make you mad if I said I can hear her voice at 3:10 XD

Honestly I don’t know why is it so important to you to prove anyone wrong or to prove she doesn’t do it. Should we call it non lip sync only cuz we can hear her voice for split second? Ammmm... 

Honestly I don’t know why is it so important to you to prove anyone wrong or to prove she doesn’t do it. Should we call it non lip sync only cuz we can hear her voice for split second? Ammmm... 

Listen I don't want this to turn into a fight so there is one last thing I'm gonna say, but then we can just forget about it, cool? Ok, cool :)

Ok, that specific spot is where the stage monitor is, the one that contains the drums/guitar/backing track. So if you're closest to it, that's mostly what you're gonna hear. Nothing else, it's just plain and simple. To end it with a high note, it is VERY hard to hear her voice I'll admit, but I don't think she lip synced it, I think she half-assed it and just didn't sing it loudly, there might be a reason why it was tuned down in terms of pitch 🤔

KatieJudasGaga4
On 9/24/2017 at 3:24 PM, SpookyKid said:

She slayed the choreo tho :giveup: 

She didn't lip sync, you can hear her at some parts, just that it was the first Telephone performance and the backtrack was very loud and it was messy, that is why the song started late.

Just now, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

She didn't lip sync, you can hear her at some parts, just that it was the first Telephone performance and the backtrack was very loud and it was messy, that is why the song started late.

If I didn't hit my reaction limit I would say THANKS!!!! XD

KatieJudasGaga4
34 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I can hear her voice during the chorus at most points, because i'm wearing ear phones. This happens in most artrave performances, but she's singing it. I have a video of that too when I went and it sounded the same as this one, but when I was actually there, it was live.

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived