💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Today's JWT Show will be postponed

merlot

Featured Posts

PlanetChromatica

The same thing happened to me during the artRAVE, it seems no one has remembered. I was literally about to get on a coach to Vancouver from Calgary when Gaga announced she had bronchitis and had to postpone the Vancouver show to the very end of the NA leg, which is similar to this situation. I had booked hotel and everything and lost that money, I didn't get angry, I was upset sure but I wasn't angry at Gaga, she is HUMAN after all.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Original Diva
12 hours ago, nikola said:

Katycats will say that she canceled thi show because of the sales....even tho it has nothi g to do with thats....

I hope she gets better soon

Katy kats think that because that's what is happening with Katy :sweat:

excuse me no

5 hours ago, Unites said:

I'm pretty sure that one of the Telegraaf journalists is on this site

Lmao, expose his hunty ass. It was the AD this time tho. :sis:

11 hours ago, Whispering said:

Sickness isn't black and white. You can feel fine at night and wake up sick as **** in the morning. You can be feeling bad for a couple of days and then your cold becomes bronchitis and you suddenly have an infection and a fever. She probably took heavy antibiotics and possibly some type of steroid sinus shot this a.m. and was hoping her voice would be decent enough to go on. Sometimes it works out, and you can power through, and sometimes your voice just won't come back. Having been around musical theatre for years, it really can be an hour by hour type decision. 

I understand your view but as someone who has studied and practised Drama too, there comes a point where the decision must be made. You've got to think of the audience, your crew, other workers (especially on a large tour) etc.

I'm sure she had good intentions but good intentions don't always make good calls. You've gotta go with your head, not your heart sometimes.

If I'm directing and I have an actor on the fence about their health, I will make the call for them. The rest of the crew need stability, the stand in needs time and the audience deserves a good show. Failing that (since no one can stand in for Gaga) the show must be cancelled as early as possible out of respect for everyone's time.

Brooklyn Nights

I'm in the airport in Montreal flying home right now and the news story about gaga postponing the show came on a some people were booing and someone said "**** you lady gaga" :( must be lots of people flying home today that won't get to see her.

this would suck if it happened to me, especially if I bought a hotel and stuff. But I also feel like this happens on every tour. No human goes a year+ straight without getting sick. especially if they spend hours outside in stadiums. lol. kind of inevitable. 

Darcklighter22

Im kinda happy I cancelled my hotel reservation and ended up staying at friends so il probably be able to come back when she rescheduled. But I still did 17 hours by train to get here from Moncton, NB coming with my bf who it would have been his first time seeing her and wont be able to come again. 

It's understandable for people to be angered and it was suden. But they shouldn't direct it at her personally  for something related to her health. Unless your a casual fan you know she pushes herself heck she broke her hip.

Glad we went to the hotel tho and saw her, heck she must have made her security have a heart attack. It was a good intamate moment with a few fans... up until it got out of control quick tho with fans fighting for autographs and pizza, the delivery guys ended up just pitching the boxes to the crowd from how bad they swarmed them. 

Whispering
4 hours ago, Benji said:

I understand your view but as someone who has studied and practised Drama too, there comes a point where the decision must be made. You've got to think of the audience, your crew, other workers (especially on a large tour) etc.

I'm sure she had good intentions but good intentions don't always make good calls. You've gotta go with your head, not your heart sometimes.

If I'm directing and I have an actor on the fence about their health, I will make the call for them. The rest of the crew need stability, the stand in needs time and the audience deserves a good show. Failing that (since no one can stand in for Gaga) the show must be cancelled as early as possible out of respect for everyone's time.

People's ability to access their voice can change over the course of the day. People can get sicker or better in a matter of hours. Unless there is someone to stand in, you try everything and hope that you take a turn for the better before the show. 

There are tricks of the trade. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. If they do work, how fast they will work is a case by case situation. 

Teal Ambition

Just got home from Montreal :noparty:  While this still sucks, I only wish the best for Gaga of course because I love her so much :wub: Hoping for official news on the new show soon

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

GoldenPonyboy
4 hours ago, Brooklyn Nights said:

I'm in the airport in Montreal flying home right now and the news story about gaga postponing the show came on a some people were booing and someone said "**** you lady gaga" :( must be lots of people flying home today that won't get to see her.

We decided to go out yesterday and we could hear some people scream it in the streets. It was not a pretty sight. 

That's nail biting to think they won't make a decision until the day of the concert.  Can she overcome laryngitis in a day?

Archived