Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
society

L'Oreal fires first trans model after white people comments


Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

she kinda asked for it tho

I came here ready to drag with some sassy gifs thinking they fired her for just being trans but her comments were unnecessary and offensive

she talked crap she got crap

df174d797428ce8b4e36f0521b492272.jpg

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Redstreak

White people can literally argue for a pure ethno-state and "We have to hear them out, freedom of speech", but the second a person from a minority group gets a little controversial...?

Once again goes to show that for pussyfooting companies and the public at large, white feelings are still sadly more important than difficult discussions

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

White people can literally argue for a pure ethno-state and "We have to hear them out, freedom of speech", but the second a person from a minority group gets a little controversial...?

Once again goes to show that for pussyfooting companies and the public at large, white feelings are still sadly more important than difficult discussions

People can get fired from private companies for saying anything the company deems controversial or damaging to its brand. White supremacists should be able to protest, BLM should be able to protest, and both of them should get fired from their jobs if they misrepresent the company (:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Redstreak
3 minutes ago, Chic said:

People can get fired from private companies for saying anything the company deems controversial or damaging to its brand. White supremacists should be able to protest, BLM should be able to protest, and both of them should get fired from their jobs if they misrepresent the company (:

Lmao ok? I don't see how what I said detracted from any of that? In some states being gay or trans outright is still enough to get you fired because of lack of protective rights but I guess "suck it losers private companies :)))) " are enough of a statement for some.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~
Link to post
Share on other sites

Redstreak
9 minutes ago, Chic said:

People can get fired from private companies for saying anything the company deems controversial or damaging to its brand. White supremacists should be able to protest, BLM should be able to protest, and both of them should get fired from their jobs if they misrepresent the company (:

Oh and wow yikes at another instance of attempting to equivocate white supremacists and BLM :rip: 

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~
Link to post
Share on other sites

River

Her Facebook is private and she can say wtf she wants, it's not flagged as a "public person" with blue V or whatever, her Facebook is not associated at all with L'Oreal, the word is not even mentioned before this case, not even photos..

So I don't see any problem with her saying what's on her mind. it's her private life.

And now what L'Oreal did is to open a gate for the racists and the transphobic people to go to her pages and say sht about her, when they could just end it quietly.. becuase she's not very famous anyway and most of her followers are LGBT and POC and think the same as her...

So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy
Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Oh and wow yikes at another instance of attempting to equivocate white supremacists and BLM :rip: 

If equivocating is comparing two of the largest protest organizations in the United States currently, then yes. BLM protests in high numbers just as neo-Nazis do. A conservative company would sure as hell like to fire someone for showing BLM support just as a liberal company would like to fire someone for showing neo-Nazi support. You simply not seeing them on the same level means absolutely nothing in this context. They are merely the scapegoat muse of both political parties, and conservatives indeed do see BLM as just as bad, if not worse of a threat than neo-Nazism. What I said has very little to do with which one is better or worse, which is acceptable and unacceptable. So yikes to a mirror because I'm not the token minority you're gonna jerk virtue signaling onto

ANYWAYYYY

24 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Lmao ok? I don't see how what I said detracted from any of that? In some states being gay or trans outright is still enough to get you fired because of lack of protective rights but I guess "suck it losers private companies :)))) " are enough of a statement for some.

There were neo-nazis that were THANKFULLY fired from their jobs for being assholes and expressing views that would cause controversy for the company. I, for one, find that much more beautiful personally than this transgirl getting fired for expressing her views, but that's irrelevant. I never said that private companies should be able to fire people on the basis of gender identity, sexuality or race. People's identities are not an opinion, they're not intrinsically anything except what they are. But words have consequences when you're in a private company. I would have come for this company big time if she was fired for being trans, and would have enjoyed seeing the lawsuit. I fully support protective rights for minority employees.

OKUUUUR next point (:

You conflated white supremacists protesting publicly with a permit, with a company collaborator stating something controversial. Two different things. I absolutely detest the hypocrisy in terms of public reception (which I believe is what you're referring too) and I think conservatives are WAAAY too quick to defend free speech when it fits their worldview but conveniently ignore it when it's not. Look at Colin Kaepernick. Not a fan with how conservatives responded. I mean, the dude is a free agent now and not finding work (I agree with it, he's controversial and there's no obligation to sign him). But he has a right to speech and I think people were ignoring that.

 

I mean, what do I know, it's not like I'm the only one in this conversation that's actually a minority and risks not being able to secure or keep a job because of it or anything. Keep cisplaining tho (:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gov Hooka
1 hour ago, Redstreak said:

White people can literally argue for a pure ethno-state and "We have to hear them out, freedom of speech", but the second a person from a minority group gets a little controversial...?

Once again goes to show that for pussyfooting companies and the public at large, white feelings are still sadly more important than difficult discussions

I don't think anyone is denying the fact that a white person who spews white supremacist rhetoric and believes in a pure white ethnostate should be fired... and actually I would argue they would be much more likely to be fired. WHite supremacy is far more objectively denounced by mainstream society than the shallow beliefs ORIGINALLY espoused by the trans model in her rant (although I completely agree with everything stated in her Facebook clarification post). I feel like that angry divisive language that is being employed a lot by vocal and outspoken members on the left (the angry responses from block twitter to Gaga come to mind) is viewed with slightly more acceptance and doesn't raise as much a fuss. It's interesting or I daresay nice to see that this kind of divisive rhetoric from the opposing side to white supremacy can also have repercussions. But at the same time I really really agree with everything she said in the second post and can completely understand her feelings regarding the original post so idk...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gov Hooka
54 minutes ago, Chic said:

People can get fired from private companies for saying anything the company deems controversial or damaging to its brand. White supremacists should be able to protest, BLM should be able to protest, and both of them should get fired from their jobs if they misrepresent the company (:

I disagree because there is such a clear difference between white supremacists and BLM. One is actively in favor of infringing on human rights and the other is working to actively uphold human rights. There's no way to equate the two. Now if you argued about a group that believes black people rightfully deserve to be the "ruling" race, then I'd agree with you but there's no such group that exists with the same number of sympathizerz as the white supremacist, Neo-Nazi movement 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Child

Honestly I agree with you, it's like when girls say men suck, they are obviously not talking about all men but some of them decided to get butt hurt and cry like babies.

This is exactly the same. White people just keep on winning. :saladga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Link to post
Share on other sites

Redstreak
2 hours ago, Chic said:

If equivocating is comparing two of the largest protest organizations in the United States currently, then yes. BLM protests in high numbers just as neo-Nazis do. A conservative company would sure as hell like to fire someone for showing BLM support just as a liberal company would like to fire someone for showing neo-Nazi support. You simply not seeing them on the same level means absolutely nothing in this context. They are merely the scapegoat muse of both political parties, and conservatives indeed do see BLM as just as bad, if not worse of a threat than neo-Nazism. What I said has very little to do with which one is better or worse, which is acceptable and unacceptable. So yikes to a mirror because I'm not the token minority you're gonna jerk virtue signaling onto

ANYWAYYYY

There were neo-nazis that were THANKFULLY fired from their jobs for being assholes and expressing views that would cause controversy for the company. I, for one, find that much more beautiful personally than this transgirl getting fired for expressing her views, but that's irrelevant. I never said that private companies should be able to fire people on the basis of gender identity, sexuality or race. People's identities are not an opinion, they're not intrinsically anything except what they are. But words have consequences when you're in a private company. I would have come for this company big time if she was fired for being trans, and would have enjoyed seeing the lawsuit. I fully support protective rights for minority employees.

OKUUUUR next point (:

You conflated white supremacists protesting publicly with a permit, with a company collaborator stating something controversial. Two different things. I absolutely detest the hypocrisy in terms of public reception (which I believe is what you're referring too) and I think conservatives are WAAAY too quick to defend free speech when it fits their worldview but conveniently ignore it when it's not. Look at Colin Kaepernick. Not a fan with how conservatives responded. I mean, the dude is a free agent now and not finding work (I agree with it, he's controversial and there's no obligation to sign him). But he has a right to speech and I think people were ignoring that.

 

I mean, what do I know, it's not like I'm the only one in this conversation that's actually a minority and risks not being able to secure or keep a job because of it or anything. Keep cisplaining tho (:

"cisplaining" yawn. I'm not dumb enough to fall for co-opting social justice words in order to shut down dissent. You know just as much as I do since just the other day I had to sit and listen to one of the managers at the store I work at make fun of gay people he was watching on Youtube and kept going "No homo!" every three seconds. The fact very much is that people can still get fired for very innocuous things, and to some, gender and orientation IS a lifestyle and opinion. Especially down in ****ing Alabama. And I get it, we're around that age where libertarianism seems like the edgy political stance to take but anyone who thinks a faceless private entity should have more rights than the workers that keep it sustained should re-examine some things. And yes, comparing a white nationalist encouraging violence and a person of color expressing frustrations at the disadvantaged society they live in as if they're morally equivalent and should be viewed so by those they depend on for a livelihood is really really shitty. Especially when we see minority groups stirring the pot punished much more quickly and harshly than their white, straight, cis counterparts.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Redstreak said:

"cisplaining" yawn. I'm not dumb enough to fall for co-opting social justice words in order to shut down dissent. You know just as much as I do since just the other day I had to sit and listen to one of the managers at the store I work at make fun of gay people he was watching on Youtube and kept going "No homo!" every three seconds. The fact very much is that people can still get fired for very innocuous thing, and to some, gender and orientation IS a lifestyle and opinion. Especially down in ****ing Alabama. And I get it, we're around that age where libertarianism seems like the edgy political stance to take but anyone who thinks a faceless private entity should have more rights than the workers that keep it sustained should re-examine some things. And yes, comparing a white nationalist encouraging violence and a person of color expressing frustrations at the disadvantaged society they live in as if they're morally equivalent and should be viewed so by those they depend on for a livelihood is really really shitty. Especially when we see minority groups stirring the pot punished much more quickly and harshly than their white, straight, cis counterparts.

"Co-opting". These words are mine to use. I'm tired of cis people talking down on me and acting as if they know better about certain topics, in all honestly. You haven't lived the way I've lived. Imagine if you did and you had to listen to someone like you patronize you.

That manager is an asshole and if he's caught doing it and the company disagrees with it, he should be fired swiftly. If the company agrees with it, then let it be, and let it go public, because I'd love to watch that business fail. It's like ****, dude.

I don't consider myself libertarian, thank you, nor do I agree with libertarianism as a whole set of values. This isn't to be edgy whatsoever. This is how I truly feel. And you know what? Nobody should be turned down for a job or fired strictly because of who they are, and I goddamn wish more companies who do this would be held accountable societally. I'm glad movements are arising to help combat this, because it's a serious issue and needs to be solved.

Unfortunately, this is where I disagree with you. While I certainly agree that white supremacy is morally worse and should be treated as such socially, I don't believe that private companies shouldn't be allowed to fire certain political opinions because they're more morally correct. I don't think the success and failure of businesses should be in the hands of the government. Honestly, truly, I believe it should entirely be in the public's hands. And if a company represents something horrible and the people still go there, that's how things are. That's reality, the unfortunate reality, and we have to live with it until social change can be maximized. But allowing the faceless government more control is a ridiculous option.

Explain to me why there's no trans affirmative action. I don't like any affirmative action but explain why some communities get to have that but others don't. Who decides this? I personally think it's unequal. I arguably have an even worse time finding employment than POC do. You can't force full equality on people. This is a country of liberty and liberty intrinsically creates inequality. People, all people, should have the decision on whether businesses prosper or fail for whatever reason. But government should not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's what she deserves.

applause.jpg

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lion Heart said:

I don't see how saying "ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST" accomplishes that. 

She didn't say 'all white people are racist', she said all white people commit acts of racial violence ("Yes ALL white people"). :saladga:

 

Can you spell d-e-l-u-l-u?

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...