opinion

The Video That Ended Iggy's Career

ZiggyZiggs

Featured Posts

Dominic

I always felt really bad for Iggy. She got a lot more backlash because she was a woman. If she were male it'd be a different story. 

Still, she has given me life for the past 4 years and honestly I love her more with each track she...leaks. :giveup:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

RAMROD

This video only show she can't really rap. Her delivery are unclear, and she can't freestyle on the spot when challenged to do so in major hip hop radio, and reciting her own song instead. And that's why people staying away from her. Hip Hop/Rap crowds not gonna give you creds easily, you gotta show what you made of and earn it.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛... (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

5 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

was fake af, she was not freestyling those are lyrics from her actual song

which is a remix of Kendrick Lamar's song 'Look Out for Detox'

So crazy to think that a video with a false title had everyone dragging her to filth and eventually ended a very promising career :saladga: 

What part of the song was copied cause im not seeing the same lyrics

AmericanGUY

once Cupcakke came around, it was the final nail in Iggy's coffin :bon:

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

StrawberryBlond

I won't deny that freestyling is not her forte. But then again, I don't believe that every rapper who freestyles has genuinely made up all that stuff on the spot. There's just no way to prove that they haven't, so why believe it without question? Her live pronunciation can be very off as well, but we all get moments like this. Freestyles don't become official tracks anyway, so it doesn't bother me if I rapper does it or not, I'm not elitist that way. Iggy was a big victim of sexism - I'm sure everyone would have accepted a guy so much better. And if she was black, she'd still be around, no question. White girls just aren't wanted by the rap scene, yet they repeatedly try to tell us it's the other way around despite all evidence clearly pointing the other way. Eminem's the only white rapper who's actually had multiple hits and is still around, everyone else crashed and burned because despite what we're told, the rap game has not been whitewashed, nor will the rap fans accept whitewashing. It's a shame because of course there's good white rappers out there but they just don't get a chance as no one will take them seriously, especially now in the age of demonising anyone for cultural appropriation. I think so many black rap fans are terrified of a white person doing rap better than one of their own, truth be told. There's no need to be afraid because white rappers never stick around bar the one exception. They were up in arms when Iggy and Macklemore broke out, saying they were the start of rap being officially whitewashed and now that fear is absolutely laughable, like I called it at the time. It's absolutely pathetic, to be blunt.

CautiousLurker

znyrIt8.png
Truly an icon :selena:

Men are naturally more dominating, aggressive, and logical thinking because we have balls.

Archived