opinion

Did 'Purposeful Pop' Kill the Witness Era?

YeehawKylie

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
2 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

Stopped reading here.

PRISM had really bad single choices. Unconditionally flopped, Birthday flopped & This Is How We Do also flopped.

After those two underwhelming singles (Birthday & This Is How We Do), the GP just gave up on her.

PRISM really didn't have much else to offer, lets be honest. Perhaps Legendary Lovers and Walking on Air, but I don't see either of them doing much better...though maybe Legendary Lovers could be Top 10. Anyways, keep reading cause I'm brilliant and what I wrote is totally brilliant. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

I don't think it's purposeful pop, but although Ms. Perry never interested me as an artist, "Roulette" and "Tsunami" are pretty damn excellent. 

TimisaMonster

She physically butchered her image

The music was very "try hard" in having a deep message but the imagery and videos made it all a joke

The overall album has a handful of good songs while the rest feels very fillerish

Most of the GP took advantage of Katy allowing strangers nd fans alike into her home and life that exposed a lot of personality flaws and ignorance on subject matter...

Her tv and live performances of the songs have been REALLY cringeworthy and expose her lack of singing ability 

The tour is flopping as a result of the point me tioned above

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

PsychicGuru

Swish Swish and Bon Apetite leave me bald.
Deja Vu is a fun gay rendez-vous.
Tsunami has cool synth pops.
Witness is a solid synthwave jam.

The rest though... :poot:
Even Chained to the Rhythm :poot::emma:

:giggle: It's confusing though, I've never enjoyed Katy this much.

Gaga's #1 fan

Furrrealzjuan

Look at what she had on at the Grammy red carpet while promoting CTTR... it was horrible. She should have shown up on that mothaducken 🦆red carpet with a disco ball chained to her ankle. 

katy-perry-disco-1-1020x574.pngor something creative. 

Archived