Despacito Discounted

Hades

Featured Posts

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hades
4 minutes ago, AKB48 said:

she sings good (not n amazing singer tho) and it's a good songwriter but that's it

she can't dance, she can't perform without gimmicks and she can't do much on stage, just acting drunk and wasted when she is supposed to be "killing it"

meanwhile latin artists like shakira, luis fonsi, JLO or ricky martin only need a mic and their bodies to DESTROY the stage

deal with it

tumblr_o2ct78isPR1tq2u9jo3_r1_250.gif

While i agree with you on some things like Shakira and Jlo own the stage and i've been to Shaki's concert you are tearing other artists apart kinda in a shady way because they are not latinos. At least that's how it seems... This thread is about the song Despacito not Luis Fonsi cause i'm pretty sure most people can't name other songs from him.:emma: So they better judge the song and not the artist.

23 minutes ago, Yuuri said:

tenor.gif

how is that a lie?

how is rihanna even talented at all?

sorry but I fail to see her talent, she is jsut a beautiful girl with sex appeal releasing generic songs since day one

the only time she amazed with her music was with rated r, ironically the only hit song from that album was rude boy

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

SHOOKGA
36 minutes ago, OmgSum1Actually said:

I don't hate Despacito, but like I see that music charts are completely different nowadays...

why does a song stay at number one for so long + why are songs "stagnating"?

My logic is that in the era of streaming it should've been different.

Can someone exBlain?

Metoothefvck.gif

I have same questions and I want answers:grr:

Not very born this way of you 😫

OmgSum1Actually
10 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

I'll only answer the question for Despacito since every song has its own scenario. Despacito has been #1 on the sales chart for 17 weeks and the streaming chart for 13 weeks. An all time record for both charts. Which is why it's staying too long at #1. Not to mention it has no competition, not even close. 

Yeah, but almost every song that reaches #1 stays there for a long time (Shape Of You, Despacito, One Dance, Closer, Black Beatles..) 

Shameless selfpromo

14 minutes ago, Hades said:

While i agree with you on some things like Shakira and Jlo own the stage and i've been to Shaki's concert you are tearing other artists apart kinda in a shady way because they are not latinos. At least that's how it seems... This thread is about the song Despacito not Luis Fonsi cause i'm pretty sure most people can't name other sonfs from him.:emma:

no that's not what I'm saying

these people are pressed because luis fonsi is slaying with despacito, and they are quick to call it basic just because it is a foreign song sang in a language they barely understand when in fact luis has more talent than their favs and despacito has actually a beautiful melody full of taditional latin rhythms.

they are quick to call it basic and yet they stan for people like kesha, rihanna, nicki minaj, carly or katy perry:huh:

the only thing I can agree is that Despacito feat Justin Bieber is the real cringe mess

Mirages
3 minutes ago, Easy said:

You can't compare two songs that were made in different times in this case. Mariah > Despacito for sure but Despacito is definitely a kind of good song when compared to other songs by some of the homophobic Hip Hop artists or mumble rappers. It kinda deserves a good chart position in today's context.

But thats just it the songs are from different times but fighting for the same position on all time BB Hot 100, so yes we can compare them and we all know that OSD is superior. The lyrics are beautiful, it has a beautiful melody and a sweet message, Despacito on the other hand. And if we gonna talk about songs that are out there right now, theres thankfully only 2 songs with rappers in the top 10 right now, but honestly I think even Shawns and Charlies songs deserve better chart position than Despacito. Theres a lot of good songs out there now that are better lyrically and musically than Despicable-cito and are charting lower which is sad. Especially Believer by Imagine Dragons, Praying by Kesha, Slow Hands by Niall, Demi has finally a great song that is catchy out and is more interesting that Despacito. I really dont get the appeal of Despacito, I didnt like it from the first listen and thought it wasnt going to be big at all cause its cacophonic, cringey and boring.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

lost in limbo

If this actually takes Mariah's record I swear..

Also excuse me no @ everyone that is like "yees  Spanish singers" like there's a diference between good Spanish music (Shakira for example) than this trash.

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

lost in limbo
5 minutes ago, AKB48 said:

no that's not what I'm saying

these people are pressed because luis fonsi is slaying with despacito, and they are quick to call it basic just because it is a foreign song sang in a language they barely understand when in fact luis has more talent than their favs and despacito has actually a beautiful melody full of taditional latin songs.

they are quick to call it basic and yet they stan for people like kesha, rihanna, nicki minaj, carly or katy perry

the only thing I can agree is that Despacito feat Justin Bieber is the real cringe mess

Stop using that gif is so fcking annoying sweet baby JesusGa

1 minute ago, Eclipsa said:

Stop using that gif is so fcking annoying sweet baby JesusGa

I thought using a gif of Maluma was better than using one of Luis fonsi

:emma:

lost in limbo
Just now, AKB48 said:

I thought using a gif of Maluma was better than using one of Luis fonsi

:emma:

You can keep both.

Gypsy Life
8 minutes ago, OmgSum1Actually said:

Yeah, but almost every song that reaches #1 stays there for a long time (Shape Of You, Despacito, One Dance, Closer, Black Beatles..) 

SOY and Closer spent 10 and 13 weeks at #1 on the sales chart, and just as much on streaming. One Dance was fueled by streaming mostly. 

Although long running #1s are actually more common than you think

Look at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Billboard_Hot_100_number-one_singles_of_2004 and https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Billboard_Hot_100_number-one_singles_of_1996 as examples. 

Antonio

The only thing that was still good about these charts is about to be ruined

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Lady Palutena

Oh poor Mariah, she must be at home wiping her eyes with her diamond encrusted tissues.

When they have 18 #1s and a career with longevity, then they can gloat, but until then, Mimi remains unbothered.

mariah-walk-out.gif

One Sweet Day >>>>>>>> That Garbage 

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

Archived