music news

Despacito Discounted

Hades

Featured Posts

Teal Ambition
3 hours ago, AKB48 said:

the slayage continues

us latinos dominating the world

I'm actually happy it's a latino song with traditional sounds and rhythms breaking the record and not some generic basic song like Closer from the Chainsmokers

tumblr_o2ct78isPR1tq2u9jo3_r1_250.gif

I just need Maluma to dominate the charts now :giveup: 

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

I gave up already, I'm not even changing the station on the radio..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

4 minutes ago, Teal Ambition said:

I just Maluma to dominate the charts now :giveup: 

he is still recycling Felices los 4 and still doing good but he needs to release new music soon

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

20 minutes ago, AKB48 said:

no that's not what I'm saying

these people are pressed because luis fonsi is slaying with despacito, and they are quick to call it basic just because it is a foreign song sang in a language they barely understand when in fact luis has more talent than their favs and despacito has actually a beautiful melody full of taditional latin rhythms.

they are quick to call it basic and yet they stan for people like kesha, rihanna, nicki minaj, carly or katy perry:huh:

the only thing I can agree is that Despacito feat Justin Bieber is the real cringe mess

Sis no one is bashing it because it's a Latin song. They are bashing it because it's basic and they don't like the song.

Theres a huge K-pop fan base on GGD and majority of the fans aren't Korean, nor know how to speak it. So the language barrier isn't a problem.

And I don't know why you are gloating so much when you said you think the remix is cringy and that is the version that is dominating, not the original.

tenor.gif

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Babel
Just now, lilmonster93 said:

And I don't know why you are gloating so much when you said you think the remix is cringy and that is the version that is dominating, not the original.

tenor.gif

Well to a certain degree you are correct, but also the original version sits at #10 on itunes and it's the one that broke the youtube record with more than 3 billion views (and still counting).

LordEnigma

Uh still hate the song and haven't listened to it in full.

Just wish it didn't need Bieber to be successful

1 minute ago, Triggered said:

Well to a certain degree you are correct, but also the original version sits at #10 on itunes and it's the one that broke the youtube record with more than 3 billion views (and still counting).

The original is feeding off the sucesss of the remix. It happens all the time. Labels release remixes of songs to push the original to #1.

And there's no video to the remix version, so of course the video to original version would get all the views, since the remix is pushing it so hard.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

SHOOKGA

Even peoplE THAT DONT UNDERSTAND SPANISH ARE SINGING TO THis

LIKe WHATs THE POINT ????:selena::selena::selena::selena::selena::selena::selena::selena::selena:

Not very born this way of you 😫

Bayln Washington

LMAO, the only reason this song is about to beat Mariah's record is not because its "native culture" sounds. It's because of Justin Bieber featured on the track. It would have NEVER made it this far if he wasn't on the song. Yah i know the original version has 3 million views on YouTube but you have to think, everyone in the world can view, not just Americans. I never even heard of the song until the remix came out. So yah, Despacito is only as big as it is because of Justin and it's just sad because there are so many other worthy people of the record. Rant over :)

smash hits lasting longer and longer and artists like Bieber and Sia getting away with rehashing over and over again makes me wonder if Warhol was right about those 15 minutes or it will be quite the opposite :huh:

3 hours ago, Hades said:

Ladies and Gays Mariah's wig is about to be snatched. They're doing everything they can to secure that this song will outlast the good sis. It already spent 15 weeks at #1 and is heading towards tying and breaking the record.

MariahFall.gif?ggnoads 

98264be6095d32c9133958222a7cbaaa.png 

Soon to be discounted on Itunes too.:selena:

1996 - 2017 :rip: 

ea02be18e981e47c56f7f37f6460f076.gif

Talent lost.

World-of-Dance-2017-Qualifiers-shooketh.

I thought it was 14 weeks

Hades
Just now, KingOfTheClouds said:

I thought it was 14 weeks

15 is on lock. So...

Hades
Just now, KingOfTheClouds said:

Watch "Friends" be number one for 15 weeks too lol

Wouldn't be surprised.

2 hours ago, AKB48 said:

no that's not what I'm saying

these people are pressed because luis fonsi is slaying with despacito, and they are quick to call it basic just because it is a foreign song sang in a language they barely understand when in fact luis has more talent than their favs and despacito has actually a beautiful melody full of taditional latin rhythms.

they are quick to call it basic and yet they stan for people like kesha, rihanna, nicki minaj, carly or katy perry:huh:

the only thing I can agree is that Despacito feat Justin Bieber is the real cringe mess

The most reasonable response IVe read yet

Archived