💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga Tweets About Charlottesville And Drags Trump

Coop

Featured Posts

Whispering
1 hour ago, 15jocart said:

....Lorde's tweets were the perfect example of allyship and understanding of the issues at hand. Gaga's weren't. Gaga had good intentions, but to act like her tweets were anything but naive is just wrong.

What does Lorde understand? She doesn't even live in the US. She didn't grow up here, go to school here, etc. She didn't hear the stories from friends and family for years.

She is apologizing for being a white person, that's all. That has nothing to do with the long and complicated struggle and history in the US, especially in the South. WTH does Lorde know about that? 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CanadaGaga

Sadly I think that part of the backlash and criticism of what she said and how she said it is coming at her because Gaga is the one who said it.

If an older "more respected" still white, still a woman, still growing up with the same "privileges" etc had said it....it would have been taken better.

Then again im a Brit growing up and living in canada so what do I know;) 

(Tweet all you want for us Gaga, we'll be happy with it) 

not asher613
9 hours ago, TeenIdle said:

Preach Gags

6 months gone, 3,5 years left :neyde:

let's pray he gets impeached before then

8 hours ago, Bellatrix said:

Voted. Gotta say that it's a bit naive to. Being nice doesn't solve all worlds problems. Like how are you going to beat IS by being nice? :oprah: 

Violent and hateful people lack something in their lives that they can only hope to see through kindness. If there is hope for man it is through a shared sense of responsibility to maintain a fair and orderly society. Do unto others etc.

8 hours ago, Miracle said:

Gaga's beautiful idealism is lovely but unrealistic. You can't fight nazis with kindness. I know that isnt what she means with that poll but still 

Nazis only rose on a wave of nativist xenophobia. Much like Trump. To avoid the greatest damage in this turbulent time people must hold on to what it means to be American. We have white and black brothers and sisters. Gay and straight. Faithful and heathens. If you carry kindness with YOU. In yourself, wherever you go, the "nazis" have no one to talk to. There is no native people who can claim this land as theirs alone. 

8 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

But Gaga...its a worldwide problem and Trump is 1 leader out of hundreds of different nations...

You can't change how people were raised by their hateful parents and you can't control how people act on their beliefs...

Sorry...but #BeKind tweets are NOT how the problem will be solved...

She says be kind but she is also standing up and demonstrating what a little, rich, white woman can do with her words. She s saying absolutely no forgiving this hate or the president's indifference. And if you'll stand with her, it's about kindness, all of us- to resist this storm of hate that has filled the hearts of the worst among us with fury and threatens to take the peace and balance from the best. Dont be kind to them. To wider america, even the world, she says, fight to keep peace and balance in your heart. This fight is fought by remembering to be kind. The person next to you is worth listening to. His suffering is real. His joy pleases God. His heart is human. #BeKind don't fall into hate. 

5 hours ago, yes said:

This bitch is so ****ing dumb. She's really out here posting these dumb ass polls on twitter thinking she's gonna fix the world's problems. 

Listen to me, Stefani (Joanne, Gaga, whatever the **** your name is), if white supremacists/nazis are attacking us/being violent towards us WHY THE F SHOULD WE JUST STAND THERE AND LET IT HAPPEN? Of course you wouldn't know about this because you are a PRIVILEGED WHITE WOMAN.

Like, I know her intentions are good, but she can do better. 

This is a site for the high lady's fans. You are out of line for addressing her in this manner and stirring up trouble without regard for the community here. 

To your comment- she IS doing something.  She is speaking out. 

Also- she is not really speaking to monsters who know the fight for equality. She is speaking to the whole country. People who have a family member that showed up to the hate rally, for instance, can be reminded that this is not the way of Americans. The is not the way of good people. This is definitely not the way of God-fearing individuals. We need to be kind. They are spreading hate. #ThisIsNotUS 

Xoxo Adriana

This is why Gaga is my idol. She inspires me (us) to be a better person, to be kinder. How could people commenting on these tweets say she's a fake person when she's fighting for our rights? What kind of "fake" would take their time to share a passion for making the world a better place? She's giving the tea, Ronald McDonald here only cares for his votes, his popularity, and if anything he's the fakest "leader" I have ever seen and is the biggest joke of the president in history. He thinks he's gold but future generations will look back at his presidency and laugh. My mom despises him, she has seen Gaga's passion and words for kindness, and she thinks Gaga is a smarter woman than she thought before. Most importantly, we should all support Gaga as she is fighting for everyone's rights...hopefully one day the people who don't see Trump's hate and destruction will open their eyes and minds and we can eliminate him from further destroying America.

Not to mention, here in Australia our prime minister tried speaking with Trump about the Transgender ban in the military and the ban of immigrants and Trump further proved his hate to us Australians. We despise him too, and share the same sorrow for people affected by his destructive leadership. The prick can go to hell.

GhettoFabulous

And the fake woke(beehive masking their hatred for Gaga with ‘wokeness’) are currently dragging her for RTs. Literally all she said was we must  love each other, they act like such intelligent people but miss the message just like that. Gaga’s post was a little naive but at least she said something . This woman literally tries to always do the right thing and always gets dragged, it’s so sad. This isn’t about Beyoncé vs Lady Gaga it’s so sad that they can’t put that aside, It’s about what’s currently happenening in Charlottesville :madge:. Again her post was a little naive but I mean she said something , she did her part cuz tbh she doesn’t have to say ANYTHING. Sorry for the essay. But yeah I love her for this :lana:

2 hours ago, AddMeOnMYSPACE said:

wait what did Gaga mean when she tweeted "#ThisisnotUS"?

Cause she's getting dragged for it, which is kind of unnecessary. Unless I'm not getting the picture:duck:

I think the whole issue is that the US has always had these issues, and that the ugly mask has just been taken off.

It's a nice sentiment, and I know Gaga means well, but in the end it's a little naive.

3 points in and ready for more

48 minutes ago, GhettoFabulous said:

And the fake woke(beehive masking their hatred for Gaga with ‘wokeness’) are currently dragging her for RTs. Literally all she said was we must  love each other, they act like such intelligent people but miss the message just like that. Gaga’s post was a little naive but at least she said something . This woman literally tries to always do the right thing and always gets dragged, it’s so sad. This isn’t about Beyoncé vs Lady Gaga it’s so sad that they can’t put that aside, It’s about what’s currently happenening in Charlottesville :madge:. Again her post was a little naive but I mean she said something , she did her part cuz tbh she doesn’t have to say ANYTHING. Sorry for the essay. But yeah I love her for this :lana:

Yeah. While I agree that the hashtag is a little naive, I don't think she deserves to be dragged. In fact, I think a lot of Twitter stans are using that as an excuse to drag her.

It's like they forgot that she also directly tweeted and vehemently @'d the president itself to do better. That is bold.

3 points in and ready for more

Whispering
10 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

But Gaga...its a worldwide problem and Trump is 1 leader out of hundreds of different nations...

You can't change how people were raised by their hateful parents and you can't control how people act on their beliefs...

Sorry...but #BeKind tweets are NOT how the problem will be solved...

Following a violent day of protest in Charlottesville, Virginia, former president Barack Obama took to Twitter to offer a reflection on the nature of hatred and love, courtesy of Nelson Mandela.

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion…,” the president tweeted in a series of messages. “People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love…”

“‘ …For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.’- Nelson Mandela,” Obama concluded.

25 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Following a violent day of protest in Charlottesville, Virginia, former president Barack Obama took to Twitter to offer a reflection on the nature of hatred and love, courtesy of Nelson Mandela.

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion…,” the president tweeted in a series of messages. “People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love…”

“‘ …For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.’- Nelson Mandela,” Obama concluded.

I love the sentiment but this is the kind of fence sitting that got us exactly here. It's naive and it isn't helping because those people out there in Virginia who rallied up are not interested in love or understanding, they are out to kill us and reclaim land that was never theirs to begin with.

In terms of Gaga she shouldn't be dragged but at the same time saying this is not us when it has been the opposite for generations is not helping matters. What we need to do is cast out these nazis and those who refuse to be reasoned with should be jailed as well. 

Love didn't end the civil war or WW2, sometimes you got to take action to shape the future. I don't encourage violence but people were literally ran over this is not the time to make considerations for a group that wont even consider us. 

Whispering
46 minutes ago, Minish said:

I love the sentiment but this is the kind of fence sitting that got us exactly here. It's naive and it isn't helping because those people out there in Virginia who rallied up are not interested in love or understanding, they are out to kill us and reclaim land that was never theirs to begin with.

In terms of Gaga she shouldn't be dragged but at the same time saying this is not us when it has been the opposite for generations is not helping matters. What we need to do is cast out these nazis and those who refuse to be reasoned with should be jailed as well. 

Love didn't end the civil war or WW2, sometimes you got to take action to shape the future. I don't encourage violence but people were literally ran over this is not the time to make considerations for a group that wont even consider us. 

Obama's final speech as President:

"That’s why I leave this stage tonight even more optimistic about this country than I was when we started.  Because I know our work has not only helped so many Americans; it has inspired so many Americans – especially so many young people out there – to believe you can make a difference; to hitch your wagon to something bigger than yourselves.  This generation coming up – unselfish, altruistic, creative, patriotic – I’ve seen you in every corner of the country.  You believe in a fair, just, inclusive America; you know that constant change has been America’s hallmark, something not to fear but to embrace, and you are willing to carry this hard work of democracy forward.  You’ll soon outnumber any of us, and I believe as a result that the future is in good hands.

My fellow Americans, it has been the honor of my life to serve you.  I won’t stop; in fact, I will be right there with you, as a citizen, for all my days that remain.  For now, whether you’re young or young at heart, I do have one final ask of you as your president – the same thing I asked when you took a chance on me eight years ago.

I am asking you to believe.  Not in my ability to bring about change – but in yours. 

I am asking you to hold fast to that faith written into our founding documents; that idea whispered by slaves and abolitionists; that spirit sung by immigrants and homesteaders and those who marched for justice; that creed reaffirmed by those who planted flags from foreign battlefields to the surface of the moon; a creed at the core of every American whose story is not yet written:

Yes We Can. 

Yes We Did. 

Yes We Can."

42 minutes ago, Minish said:

you, and many others, clearly didn't get the point... it's not naive, poc are becoming a huge part of the problem, always playing the victim, even against their allies... they are becoming too absolute, otherwise they wouldn't try to find fault in everything and drag allies supporting them... Using #ThisIsNotUS she wanted to distinguish the people who are poc-allies from the ones who aren't... of course there's a history in the US, slavery was ages ago, there's still retarded people who are racist... we've been knew... they won't disappear overnight... you can't blame all white people for whatever happened, most white people aren't racist nowadays, you can't hold a grudge against me for something people did generations ago, if you do you're part of the problem... it's like you don't want to get over it... There's black and arabic people discriminating me cuz I'm gay, let me blame all black and arabic people, even the ones who stick up for me :blink: Also, remember it were white people who abolished slavery, it's not the standard anymore that white people don't like poc (I'm not saying they are fully equal when it comes to job opportunities/wages/etc, still a lot of work to be done), it's just that every instance sparks a huge reaction (and it should, just a different one).

We should work together, and if you know someone's an ally or trying to be, talk to them, don't drag them... ask them questions if their point didn't come across that well so they can clarify. TALK

AddMeOnMYSPACE
1 hour ago, Miel said:

I think the whole issue is that the US has always had these issues, and that the ugly mask has just been taken off.

It's a nice sentiment, and I know Gaga means well, but in the end it's a little naive.

Yea I can definitely see that now. Katy and Lady Gaga are getting dragged this year :sharon:

GagaMyBlood95

It's so good that she said this :applause:

It is beyond sad what is happening with the US and we need to push people's mindset towards the right direction. We don't want this mess to happen again in 4 years..

chromadica

I know she has the best intentions, but god is she naive. Her wording is going to rub a lot of people the wrong way unfortunately. But bless her nonetheless for speaking up about this issue :wub: I know her heart is always in the right place.

Like- I get where she's coming from and I understand that kindness and being the bigger person is an easy and lazy narrative but y'all need to wake tf up. I can #BeKind all day long but Jimbob and his cousins still think I'm a ni**er and that I deserve to die. And if Jimbob is a congressman and his cousins are all part of the police force, what does that say for people that look like me? 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

giphy.gif

Archived