đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga Tweets About Charlottesville And Drags Trump

Coop

Featured Posts

15jocart
15 hours ago, Whispering said:

What does Lorde understand? She doesn't even live in the US. She didn't grow up here, go to school here, etc. She didn't hear the stories from friends and family for years.

She is apologizing for being a white person, that's all. That has nothing to do with the long and complicated struggle and history in the US, especially in the South. WTH does Lorde know about that? 

Lorde's not apologizing for being white....she's saying "I understand that as a white person it's my duty to educate my fellow white people about this issue instead of beating around the bush." Good on her for realizing what needs to be said.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15jocart
4 hours ago, BadMonster said:

It's not a rant against poc, it's a rant against people who start screaming like you do... there's plenty of those among women and gays for their movements.... come up with a constructive way to deal with issues and know how to pick your fights... it's insulting to you, you choose to interpret it like that, it's not meant like that... same as people choosing to be insulted by Gaga's tweets... people want the same thing, they have different ideas about how to get there... 

Nowhere did I imply the problems aren't or weren't big, you're making that up... they are big, hence why we've been dealing with this **** for hundreds of years :rip: I'm pointing out there's progress, but it's not going fast or well enough, I agree. The situation is even becoming more dire... Same goes for homophobia, gender inequality, and what have you...

You're interpreting way too much, as do a lot of people :nails: I've always treated everyone the same, no matter religion/colour/gender/whatever, but there's rotten apples among all... We differ on how we think we should deal with this problem... Yes, all minority groups should take a stand... you're gonna think this is insensitive, but I'm gay and I don't see poc or muslims rallying for discrimination against gay people... we are fighting our own fight... issues that personally affect you are always more important to you... the only way to solve this is if all those groups would stand together and someone's gonna lead the movement, but even if they get a seat at the table, they'd take care of their own issues first... which is exactly what happens in politics

Edit: laws should be tougher and people should sue in every case of discrimination, regardless on what grounds, but that would only work if there'd be severe punishments if one was convicted

We found the centrist

Do you know what intersectionality is? "I'm gay but I don't see POC or Muslims rallying for gay people..." I forgot that there are not queer people in those marginalized groups!

Honestly, you might be nice or whatever but clearly you have no idea about the nuances of ANY of these movements so it would be best not to sound like you do.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Whispering
7 minutes ago, 15jocart said:

Lorde's not apologizing for being white....she's saying "I understand that as a white person it's my duty to educate my fellow white people about this issue instead of beating around the bush." Good on her for realizing what needs to be said.

She can do that and others can do it a different way. It takes peacemakers, fighters and educators to work for equality and progress. Everyone contributes in different ways. Just so we are all trying to get to the same place! 

BlackFluid

I love Stef more than almost anyone, and although I appreciate her responding to this event at all, her response feels like she never took a history class. we need to make these idiots bleed. 

DeleteMyAccount
1 hour ago, Dominic Marc said:

Just saw the backlash. I think it's a little bit much but tbh I have always hated the whole hashtag trend whenever something happens. Like it's a hashtag on Twitter, it changes nothing and its so empty. Whenever some tragedy happens everyone rushes to Twitter with the #PrayFor... hashtag and it's so hollow and fake. Like a standard generic comment. Even worse most aren't even religious.

#BeKind is nice yeah but again it's a bit silly? Life doesn't work this way and cannot be solved by generic phrases :shrug:

Laws are made by saying yay or nay. And campaigns usually use that and/or other phrases to create sentiment and support.

15jocart
41 minutes ago, Whispering said:

She can do that and others can do it a different way. It takes peacemakers, fighters and educators to work for equality and progress. Everyone contributes in different ways. Just so we are all trying to get to the same place! 

Gaga's intentions are great. I have no doubt her heart aches for the world and she wants everyone to come together in peace. However, by saying "be kind" instead of "take action against literal Nazis," she's not really taking a stand in the matter. Of course everyone wants kindness. That's not the issue at hand.

Emigrante
21 hours ago, yes said:

This bitch is so ****ing dumb. She's really out here posting these dumb ass polls on twitter thinking she's gonna fix the world's problems. 

Listen to me, Stefani (Joanne, Gaga, whatever the **** your name is), if white supremacists/nazis are attacking us/being violent towards us WHY THE F SHOULD WE JUST STAND THERE AND LET IT HAPPEN? Of course you wouldn't know about this because you are a PRIVILEGED WHITE WOMAN.

Like, I know her intentions are good, but she can do better. 

there is the door. Jesus.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Whispering
8 minutes ago, 15jocart said:

Gaga's intentions are great. I have no doubt her heart aches for the world and she wants everyone to come together in peace. However, by saying "be kind" instead of "take action against literal Nazis," she's not really taking a stand in the matter. Of course everyone wants kindness. That's not the issue at hand.

She's taking the same stand Obama is taking at this time. I think Obama knows a thing or two about racial injustice. Lol 

Emigrante
19 hours ago, mariomania1234 said:

Gaga is NOT responsible for this disgusting Nazi protest, so why should she apologize?  and she never suggested that you should be kind to a Nazi. What an awful way of misconstruing her words and intent.

I'm just sick of people suggestin that she should apologize for being white and have this "privilege". I'm already sick of this word "privilege". I get not everyone is treated equally in this fvcked up world but it's not her fault. People should sometimes shut up and appreciate that she's sheding a light on something important. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

DeleteMyAccount
2 minutes ago, Whispering said:

She's taking the same stand Obama is taking at this time. I think Obama knows a thing or two about racial injustice. Lol 

Exactly! Obama simply stated quotes and stayed humble. He knows how to lead. There are many ways of approaching these topics. The fact that people here seem more unsettled by Gaga than the actual nazis and David Duke's response to Trump says A LOT.

15jocart
2 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Yeah, except Obama is not part of a demographic that has historically been able to NOT take action against such injustices. Gaga is. Plus Obama didn't put out a Twitter poll asking if kindness is better than violence, which honestly is ridiculous in this situation, whether it came from Gaga or the Pope.

15jocart

If you are all about the "kumbayah" stance be my guest but don't get in the way of people willing to put in actual work to help fight these people.

not asher613

Be kind= dont get in bed with Trump a d this whole storm of hate. Don't become desensitized to the violent hatred he represents. 

1 hour ago, Emigrante said:

there is the door. Jesus.

It's not that big of a deal. I'm a stan, so i'm allowed to call her out on her bs. And like I said, I know her intentions were good, but she can definitely do better.

Whispering
12 hours ago, 15jocart said:

Yeah, except Obama is not part of a demographic that has historically been able to NOT take action against such injustices. Gaga is. Plus Obama didn't put out a Twitter poll asking if kindness is better than violence, which honestly is ridiculous in this situation, whether it came from Gaga or the Pope.

Now, you are just looking for something to complain about. 

Archived