• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thatfoxyfeeling
7 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

She messed up the lyrics.

to her most iconic song.

2IaFCzR.gif

I've seen a few members mention her messing up the lyrics, mistakes happen when an artist performs live unlike those that lip sync. :awesome:

Miracle

Just watched some HD videos (tbh I watched most of the show except for the interludes, I want to keep those fresh for my show) and this is going to be the death of me. This may become my favourite Gaga tour ever especially if her performance of TEOG is half as good as the Vancouver one

:giveup:

One thing I noticed that no one else seemed to notice is the fact that this might possibly be the first tour that has gotten either been almost universally liked by the fanbase, and seemingly went without a hitch on the first date.

The first Monster Ball 2.0 date was plagued with technical issues and missing wigs/costumes.

The first Born This Way Ball date was almost universally panned by fans who were just so used to the Monster Ball and needed to get used to the new tour. Not to mention that the lighting REALLY needed tweaking over the following dates, as it was almost entirely blue for the first show.

The first artRave date was also universally panned for being much simpler than the BTWBall and for having too much backing track and whatnot. To this day, it is commonly referred to as her "worst" tour.

This first Joanne Tour date has been met with almost universal acclaim and with no obvious needed changed other than the setlist, for some people. 

I think that's honestly amazing because no one really knew what to expect from this tour :applause:

IllumiMark
15 minutes ago, SS77 said:

One thing I noticed that no one else seemed to notice is the fact that this might possibly be the first tour that has gotten either been almost universally liked by the fanbase, and seemingly went without a hitch on the first date.

The first Monster Ball 2.0 date was plagued with technical issues and missing wigs/costumes.

The first Born This Way Ball date was almost universally panned by fans who were just so used to the Monster Ball and needed to get used to the new tour. Not to mention that the lighting REALLY needed tweaking over the following dates, as it was almost entirely blue for the first show.

The first artRave date was also universally panned for being much simpler than the BTWBall and for having too much backing track and whatnot. To this day, it is commonly referred to as her "worst" tour.

This first Joanne Tour date has been met with almost universal acclaim and with no obvious needed changed other than the setlist, for some people. 

I think that's honestly amazing because no one really knew what to expect from this tour :applause:

I remember that the first Born This Way Ball show (in Seoul, if I remember right) was also a mess because of Korean censorship. Gaga had to wear trousers throughout the night (the Government Hooker outfit with trousers looked tragic). :sharon:

Irrelevant
3 minutes ago, IllumiMark said:

I remember that the first Born This Way Ball show (in Seoul, if I remember right) was also a mess because of Korean censorship. Gaga had to wear trousers throughout the night (the Government Hooker outfit with trousers looked tragic). :sharon:

maxresdefault.jpg

like wtf is this :sharon:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

teenagechrist

I think it's ****ing amazing how the stage fits on all the songs she is playing. 

Also, I'm living for the transition between Paparazzi and Angel Down, the sirens :giveup: 

feeling so hot tamale

IllumiMark
12 hours ago, DrewPa said:

I don't see the problem: since ever, Pop Artists put less songs from the previous album while touring to promote the next one, since it has been heavily performed in the Tour before.

It makes sense. At the artRave she performed in its entirety just the title track from Born This Way, one verse of The Eedge of Glory and a medley of Judas and Aura. In the first show I remember she sang just Born This Way and many fans were pissed about this.

Irrelevant
15 minutes ago, IllumiMark said:

It makes sense. At the artRave she performed in its entirety just the title track from Born This Way, one verse of The Eedge of Glory and a medley of Judas and Aura. In the first show I remember she sang just Born This Way and many fans were pissed about this.

that was pretty messy :toofunny:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Green Eyes

I just hate that she isn't performing Sinner's Prayer or Hey Girl - I do get that she cannot perform every song in her catalogue. However... it's the JOANNE world tour, not just a LADY GAGA tour. She should perform every Joanne song, at the very least least from the Standard edition. 

Green Eyes

(Not that it doesn't look incredible though, it looks amazing and I am glad she is getting good reviews. I only wish she was coming to Australia. :()

Irrelevant
1 minute ago, Green Eyes said:

I just hate that she isn't performing Sinner's Prayer or Hey Girl - I do get that she cannot perform every song in her catalogue. However... it's the JOANNE world tour, not just a LADY GAGA tour. She should perform every Joanne song, at the very least least from the Standard edition. 

well The Fame Ball didn't have every song either :selena:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Green Eyes
2 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

well The Fame Ball didn't have every song either :selena:

Lol, well, how long was her show then :giveup:

But I mean she did, what, 22 songs? How hard is it to perform the 11 songs that are actually from the album. Then she still has half the show to crank out the hits. I mean, is anyone really clamouring for LoveGame these days?

Irrelevant
1 minute ago, Green Eyes said:

But I mean she did, what, 22 songs? How hard is it to perform the 11 songs that are actually from the album. Then she still has half the show to crank out the hits. I mean, is anyone really clamouring for LoveGame these days?

The Fame Ball had like 11 songs

Agreed. She should've shortened some songs such as LoveGame and Poker Face (for me) She could've fit Sinner's Prayer in between Bloody Mary and DIC. It's really hard to fit songs like HG, GG and Just Another Day in this tour tho imo, they deserve like a different part of the show because it feels so different :giveup: 

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

domixwodix
35 minutes ago, Green Eyes said:

I want LoveGame and i'm glad she's performing that song again since she ignored it at the artRave.

The setlist is perfect, how do you imagine her singing Hey Girl without Florence? If it was a duet like DWUW where she would have her own verse it would work, but in that song they both sing together and it would sound weird if gaga sang it to herself or with Florences voice in the background.

Sinner's Prayer may be on the setlist, since the fans said that she had to cut some things out of the first day because of the Credit Card entry problems and technical difficulty. (And if it's not, I'm sure she will sing it at some dates like The Queen at the BTWB) Judas was scrapped too, but the fans heard her rehearsing it.

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

Archived