Emigrante 10,008 Posted July 31, 2017 Share Posted July 31, 2017 58 minutes ago, Talent said: Sense8, ha revenge! that's exactly my thought. Sugar, spice, and everything nice. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
babs 5,093 Posted July 31, 2017 Share Posted July 31, 2017 1 minute ago, Lona Delery said: Do you even know how costly it is to maintain the servers and infrastructure so 104 million sunscribers can watch their content? A lot of money goes into that every month, it's an enormous cost. There's not much money left to pay off the other bills I imagine but I don't know precisely, that's why I'm asking Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 2 hours ago, En_Sabah_Nur said: That explains where the budget comes from then, at least when it comes down to creating their top notch original programming... I always wondered where they got the money for all this from?!?!?! 🤔 Many ppl forget that Multi-Billion Dollar Corporations are also usually Billions in debt from expanding Canada's 3rd largest Oil Company (Cenovus) just purchased $17.7 Billion in assets from another oil Company (Conoco) most of the funding was by issuing bonds... so basically debt lol This is not a bad thing tho. Not only does it give them money to expand, but it gives interest to investors and retirement funds that invested in their debt. One major source of retirement fund growth is Corporate Debt Bonds! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Delusional Aura 5,129 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 20 billion? I just need 1 million to start my business . Some companies are lucky.... my god. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gaga Monster 13,001 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 House Of Cards is the best show in the world so I hope Netflix pulls through GGD Presidential Elections Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maleficent 6 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 1 hour ago, babs said: You're telling me the cheapest Netflix subscription is 7.99 dollars a month, multiplied by 104 million subscribers it should be about 8.300.960.000$ in revenue a month, and that is not enough for these people to not be in debt? how do these things play out $7.99 * 104,000,000 subscribers = $830,960,000.00 a month in revenue... not 8 billion. Spoiler Maybe they're in a debt because they made a clerical error similar to yours Spoiler jkjk Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Noah 27,442 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 5 minutes ago, Maleficent said: $7.99 * 104,000,000 subscribers = $830,960,000.00 a month in revenue... not 8 billion. Reveal hidden contents Maybe they're in a debt because they made a clerical error similar to yours Reveal hidden contents jkjk that number is even higher because most people like me pay 10 Euro or even 12 Euro for their Subscription. ⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maleficent 6 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 Just now, Noah said: that number is even higher because most people like me pay 10 Euro or even 12 Euro for their Subscription. Oh definitely, 830 million is lowballing it. I'm quite sure they break the 1 billion mark on regular basis, but I doubt they reach 8 billion. But shows like HoC, The Crown, Gypsy most likely cost upwards of 10 million. I heard a rumour that The Crown is Netflix's most expensive show, and with promo, sets, actors, and post-production cost upwards of 60 million! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ryanripley 86,575 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 i hate that GoT will forever remain exclusive to HBO which isn't in my country, it would make my life so much easier if they allowed it to be on netflix https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
babs 5,093 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 17 minutes ago, Maleficent said: $7.99 * 104,000,000 subscribers = $830,960,000.00 a month in revenue... not 8 billion. Hide contents Maybe they're in a debt because they made a clerical error similar to yours Hide contents jkjk I have NEVER been this insulted in my whole entire life Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Born To Slay 10,996 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 So Netflix copied the wrong aspect of America Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
FABian 852 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 Most businesses go into debt to continue expanding their business. It's called investing in good debt (assets). It doesn't mean they're broke (I hope) Now let's talk about the ROI Netflix is getting from these shows. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gabeoz 7,915 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 2 hours ago, freebit said: They made a mistake getting rid of a chunk of their library in favor of these original series. I just signed up for Hulu about a month ago and I'm already using if far more than I do Netflix - there's just more choice. I'd rather watch a older, or harder to find series or movie than most of these current Netflix Originals. This. I feel like a Netflix original used to come with some sort of signifier of quality. They should have just stayed more selective. Exactly. I cancelled my Netflix and moved to Hulu 2 months ago. Don't regret it. They don't bother to try to get shows back. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
BlaqJezus 1,027 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 3 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said: Netflix and Chill? More like Netflix and Unpaid Bills Honey...OH Hooooney~ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,338 Posted August 1, 2017 Share Posted August 1, 2017 3 hours ago, kvnrp said: Sense8 got essentially cancelled because it was so expensive to produce Really? Dang, I know nothing about the show so that's on me. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.