Antonio

[#12] Candy Perfume Girl
[Score] 7.829

nFU6PTd.png

[High Scores] @DimitrisARTPOP @halcyonpop @John Slayne @Peto @monsterdino 10

[Low Scores] @Possibly Maybe @ARPIT 3

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Antonio's Remark ]

It's an underrated gem which deserved to place a bit higher, but I won't argue with it's position because in my opinion the album serves songs that are sonically and lyrically way superior, so even strong tracks like Candy Perfume Girl can't match up.

[My Score] 9.1

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Chart Run ]

#12- #11#11 - #11 - #11 - #11 - #11 - #12 - #12

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Commentary ]

above 5

Hide contents

@monsterdino (10)

"This is definitely in my top 3 favourites from the album, I'm ABSOLUTELY in LOVE with the sound structure of this song and not only the instrumental is good but on top of that you have the poetic lyrics and I like how the song sort of sounds "old" or "vintage". The song starts up with this grunge intro and then the AMAZING post-modern beeps and beats step in where Madonna is seducing this man that she is in relationship with, saying that she's his (silly little) "Candy Perfume Girl" wich she repeats over and over again, but then as the bridge steps in the song gets "dirty" and the electric guitar flares up and fires up the whole song up and Madonna reveals to him that she is actually dominant in their relationship by saying "You're a candy perfume boy". Everything about this song I love from start to finish, just flawless."

@Johny Wayne (9.25)

"Seductive, Hot, Hypnothising and the birth of RockMadge and GuitarMadge at the Drowned World Tour. Great song with sexy lyrics, without being trashy, I wish nowadays pop girls could relate. Madge gives me everything I wish Erotica had been but it wasn’t, being dominatrix and creating this inferno like atmosphere with the guitars and the commanding screams in “Did I lie to you?”. The only thing I think is lacking in the studio version is some more powerfulness to the guitar and maybe even a little guitar solo."

@MAC (9)

"Alternative Madonna.  Like the rock / grungy sound and lyrics.  Stands out among the other tracks."

@Antichrist (9)

"The INSTRUMENTAAAAALSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. probably one of the darkest songs she's ever done, would die to see this live in concert."

@Thomas P (9)

"Fits where it's supposed to fit in the scheme of the album, transitioning to another Madge masterpiece,  from her ultimate classic, and its lyrically very cunning."

@KING ELIZABITCH (8)

"Such a bizzare track. I mean rock/indie and dance co-exist so well in this song. It's not my fave as well but it's so experimental it deserves the praise."

@Maleficent (8)

"I like the grittier sound of the song, but the lyrics are not my favourite."

@Sam Dey (8)

"This song is such an incredible slow psychedelic rock track. The way that she illustrates lust and desire so beautifully amazes me."

@DeanWinchester (8)

"A really good track but it's a pearl in an album of diamonds."

@MonsterJames333 (8)

"Candy Perfume Girl sounds like a strange piece of poetry set to equally interesting bleeps and crashes. There's more than meets the eye here upon multiple listens. "Did I lie to you?", Madonna teases the yell in full voice in what could be called the rebuttal to all the Material Girl once was."

@juju (8.5)

"A grungy track, I always instantly remember this performance from the Drowned World Tour as being one of the highlights of the night. It's a slow burn, but when the song kicks it up a notch, it always takes me by surprise, no matter how many thousands of times I've heard the song. Often overlooked, but rarely underappreciated."

@shoful (8)

"I do like this song but sadly not as much as the ones surrounding it. The title and several of the lyrics make me laugh, like wtf is a Candy Perfume Girl. I can only assume that a Candy Perfume Girl/Boy is the soul mate of that person. She relates a Candy Perfume Girl to things that would give you fond memories or things that you love."

@TheShameMonster (7.5)

"This grungy piece is not my cup of tea but I definitely see the experimentation with this song and it’s pretty interesting to listen to when you’ve replayed Ray of Light 50 times."

@DontDoubtDavid (7.5)

"Kinda slow and boring at first, but like how it gets faster and trippy towards the end."

@LoisLilMonster (7.5)

"I'm really into the bass on this song and I love bridge (that electric guitar :giveup:) The reason why I didn't give it more score is because it gets a bit repetitive and its' definitely not a highlight of the album imo."

@Uncle ARTPOP (6)

"Not really a track I listen to outside of the record, it's kind of uninteresting, a lot of fun live for the DWT."

5 and below

Hide contents

none!

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

DeanWinchester
Just now, MonsterJames333 said:

If it's SKIN, you all suck. 

Skin, more like SkOUT :ladyhaha:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

That J
Just now, DeanWinchester said:

Skin and Mer Girl :bye:

Omg we usually agree!!!!   No sir. Lol

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

whore
Just now, DeanWinchester said:

wait nvm Skin needs to go

It isn't that bad, I'm expecting to see either "Shanti" or "Candy Perfume Girl" next. 

Antonio
1 hour ago, DeanWinchester said:

Skin and Mer Girl :bye:

girl two of my favorites :air: 

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Anveeroy
Just now, Eclipsa said:

Scheisse contains that fake German but everybody loves it :poot: 

But she is not speaking fake Sanskrit madonna.gif

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

That J

Candy Perfume Girl was cool live on the DWT...other than that...ehhhh.

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

juju
Just now, Antonio said:

[#12] Candy Perfume Girl
[Score] 7.829

nFU6PTd.png

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Antonio's Remark ]

It's an underrated gem which deserved to place a bit higher, but I won't argue with it's position because in my opinion the album serves songs that are sonically and lyrically way superior, so even strong tracks like Candy Perfume Girl can't match up.

[My Score] 9.1

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Chart Run ]

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Commentary ]

above 5

Reveal hidden contents

@monsterdino (10)

"This is definitely in my top 3 favourites from the album, I'm ABSOLUTELY in LOVE with the sound structure of this song and not only the instrumental is good but on top of that you have the poetic lyrics and I like how the song sort of sounds "old" or "vintage". The song starts up with this grunge intro and then the AMAZING post-modern beeps and beats step in where Madonna is seducing this man that she is in relationship with, saying that she's his (silly little) "Candy Perfume Girl" wich she repeats over and over again, but then as the bridge steps in the song gets "dirty" and the electric guitar flares up and fires up the whole song up and Madonna reveals to him that she is actually dominant in their relationship by saying "You're a candy perfume boy". Everything about this song I love from start to finish, just flawless."

@Johny Wayne (9.25)

"Seductive, Hot, Hypnothising and the birth of RockMadge and GuitarMadge at the Drowned World Tour. Great song with sexy lyrics, without being trashy, I wish nowadays pop girls could relate. Madge gives me everything I wish Erotica had been but it wasn’t, being dominatrix and creating this inferno like atmosphere with the guitars and the commanding screams in “Did I lie to you?”. The only thing I think is lacking in the studio version is some more powerfulness to the guitar and maybe even a little guitar solo."

@MAC (9)

"Alternative Madonna.  Like the rock / grungy sound and lyrics.  Stands out among the other tracks."

@Antichrist (9)

"The INSTRUMENTAAAAALSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. probably one of the darkest songs she's ever done, would die to see this live in concert."

@Thomas P (9)

"Fits where it's supposed to fit in the scheme of the album, transitioning to another Madge masterpiece,  from her ultimate classic, and its lyrically very cunning."

@KING ELIZABITCH (8)

"Such a bizzare track. I mean rock/indie and dance co-exist so well in this song. It's not my fave as well but it's so experimental it deserves the praise."

@Maleficent (8)

@Sam Dey (8)

"This song is such an incredible slow psychedelic rock track. The way that she illustrates lust and desire so beautifully amazes me."

@DeanWinchester (8)

@MonsterJames333 (8)

"Candy Perfume Girl sounds like a strange piece of poetry set to equally interesting bleeps and crashes. There's more than meets the eye here upon multiple listens. "Did I lie to you?", Madonna teases the yell in full voice in what could be called the rebuttal to all the Material Girl once was."

@juju (8.5)

"A grungy track, I always instantly remember this performance from the Drowned World Tour as being one of the highlights of the night. It's a slow burn, but when the song kicks it up a notch, it always takes me by surprise, no matter how many thousands of times I've heard the song. Often overlooked, but rarely underappreciated."

@shoful (8)

"I do like this song but sadly not as much as the ones surrounding it. The title and several of the lyrics make me laugh, like wtf is a Candy Perfume Girl. I can only assume that a Candy Perfume Girl/Boy is the soul mate of that person. She relates a Candy Perfume Girl to things that would give you fond memories or things that you love."

@TheShameMonster (7.5)

"This grungy piece is not my cup of tea but I definitely see the experimentation with this song and it’s pretty interesting to listen to when you’ve replayed Ray of Light 50 times."

@DontDoubtDavid (7.5)

"Kinda slow and boring at first, but like how it gets faster and trippy towards the end."

@LoisLilMonster (7.5)

"I'm really into the bass on this song and I love bridge (that electric guitar :giveup:) The reason why I didn't give it more score is because it gets a bit repetitive and its' definitely not a highlight of the album imo."

@Uncle ARTPOP (6)

"Not really a track I listen to outside of the record, it's kind of uninteresting, a lot of fun live for the DWT."

5 and below

Reveal hidden contents

none!

Are you kidding me right now

mobwives-drita.gif

Candy Perfume Girl is LIT. Proof y'all slept on the DWT performance.

❤ x ❤

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, MonsterJames333 said:

Omg we usually agree!!!!   No sir. Lol

Just now, Antonio said:

girl two of my favorites :air: 

tumblr_inline_nmit4gVZ9Y1rbemhx_500.gif

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

littlepotter
1 minute ago, Antonio said:

[#12] Candy Perfume Girl
[Score] 7.829

nFU6PTd.png

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Antonio's Remark ]

[My Score] 9.1

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Chart Run ]

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Commentary ]

above 5

Reveal hidden contents

@monsterdino (10)

@Johny Wayne (9.25)

@MAC (9)

@Antichrist (9)

@Thomas P (9)

@KING ELIZABITCH (8)

@Maleficent (8)

@Sam Dey (8)

@DeanWinchester (8)

@MonsterJames333 (8)

@juju (8.5)

@shoful (8)

@TheShameMonster (7.5)

@DontDoubtDavid (7.5)

@LoisLilMonster (7.5)

@Uncle ARTPOP (6)

5 and below

Reveal hidden contents

none!

Good, not the best

chaeri pls

Rat Boy

I like what I read. Goodbye Karate Penis Gale!!

tenor.gif

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Archived