You"re so cool I admire you

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antonio

[#2] Ray Of Light
[Score] 9.385

uF5oFwV.png

[High Scores] @Thomas P @Pink Tape @Bear @halcyonpop @John Slayne @ARPIT @Antichrist @Johny Wayne 11

[Low Scores] @Creyk 1

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Antonio's Remark ]

The only song I can consider to be a "bop" on Ray Of Light, it's the only track that really gets you jumping and singing and it's beautiful, although it didn't succeed commercially as much as Frozen, in my humble opinion it's the more remembered track by the public. On the charts (of this rate) Ray Of Light had an awful start but it climbed each time until it reached the top 2, and even though I don't think it deserves this spot, props.

[My Score] 10

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Chart Run ]

#10 - #8 - #6 - #5 - #4 - #4 - #3 - #3 - #2

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Commentary ]

above 5

Hide contents

@Johny Wayne (11)

"If in substitute for love, Madonna has her first realization that she hasn’t been living for the right reasons and in Swim she tries to go into that happier place she finally acknowledges to exist, in Ray Of Light, she finally gets “home”. One of the happiest, most vibrant songs I have ever heard in my life. You can’t sit quiet when it’s playing, it just instantly cheers you up and inspires you to do something, whether that something is to simply dance in a pace that’s so fast you didn’t even know it was humanly possible to do so. I think I can hear the sounds of the Big Bang somewhere in this track because its production just joins so many elements and mechanical sounds to create one of the most powerful electronic dance tracks I’ve ever heard. Definitely my favorite track in Madonna’s discography and a brilliant climax after the 1st two songs."

@Antichrist (11)

"i could write a million paragraphs about this song and it wouldn't justify the love (:ladyhaha:) i have for this song. one of the first songs i ever heard from the queen, THIS GOES WAAAY TO HARD. the whole song is, simply put, PERFECTION. i cant word myself differently, because the emotional attachment i have towards this song is indescribable. all i have to say is that this will forever be the best thing my ears have been blessed with to be able to hear, and i will love madonna forever for giving me such an honour!!!"

@Thomas P (11)

"Its been a constant battle in my life to determine my favourite madonna song, but it's always come between Like a Prayer and Ray of Light. Very recently the latter took the cake, so may we all spaz like Madge in the iconic mv."

@MAC (10)

"Madonna at her best.  Great vocals and energy.  Makes me wanna dance whenever I hear it."

@MonsterJames333 (10)

"With so many perfect dance songs under her belt, there is none quite like the swirling, urgent magnum opus that IS Ray Of Light. The lyrics are fascinating, the chorus is orgasmic and the way all musical elements come screaming together in a crescendo of pure adrenaline in its final 90 seconds, Ray Of Light is a centerpiece in an album full of them. Evita did a voice great and Madonna allows herself to lose control in the best of ways. And the result is thrilling!"

@TheShameMonster (10)

"There is so much power in her vocal delivery that it easily outshines the other elements. This whole song exudes emotional warmth and liberation. I blast this whenever I need a boost to my day."

@DontDoubtDavid (10)

"Really fun song, just makes me feel like dancing."

@shoful (10)

"Another song about finding herself with the discovery of Kabbalah and the birth of her daughter. Madonna talks about just getting home which I could only see as her saying that she finally found herself in the haze that was the fame. Great title track. It really encompasses the themes of everything she has jam-packed into this powerful album."

@DeanWinchester (10)

"The energy of this song WOW! First it lulls you into thinking it's another ballad, but then once the synth hits, your senses are assaulted and you are pulled into a rapidly accelerating high-adrenaline track. The lyrics may not seem empowering literally, but the delivery just makes you almost like you could fly! Or something you haven't done before!"

@Sam Dey (9)

"This song to me is about pure freedom. The lyrics are brilliant. I love how it's a pop song but it still manages to maintain a psychedelic, trance vibe."

@Maleficent (8.5)

"I don’t actually LOVE this song that much… maybe because I’ve heard it too often."

@KING ELIZABITCH (8)

"The biggest electronic dance cut of the album that was a universal success. While it's so anthemic it's not my fave album track. Still love it."

@Uncle ARTPOP (8)

"This song has all the bells and whistles of Swim and executes them perfectly, the vocals are beautiful the visuals are always on POINT."

@Eclipsa (8)

"That beginning for some motive, gives me Vogue beginning vibes. The song is really good, but her vocals feel kind of messy sometimes and the instrumental at times doesn´t help too. Regardless, a bop."

@LoisLilMonster (7.5)

"Her vocals and the melody in this song are undeniably good. However, I don't find it to be so good if we compare it with other stuff on the album."

@juju (7)

"One of the more uptempo tracks from the record, the second official single is a stark contrast to the album's lead, Frozen. It plays with rock music and electronic effects like whistles to make an undeniably-catchy track that is dance-oriented, but unlike anything else in the singers extensive catalogue. However, the biggest surprise is Madge's newfound vocal ability; her tone is crisper and clearer than ever before, showing her improvement post-Evita."

@monsterdino (7)

"I think that this song is about Madonna finally finding what she was looking for, a 'Ray Of Light'. She finally found freedom and clarity, and feels like she was reborn again. This song feels like it's an anthem for Madonna, where she is cutting loose and belts "And I feel like I just got home". But the song is also about her being sad about her mother, she embraces it all on this track the happiness and the sorrow of her life and she won't have it any other way."

5 and below

Hide contents

none!

[#1] Frozen
[Score] 9.775

IpuzNU0.png

[High Scores] @Antonio @KING ELIZABITCH @androiduser @slayo @MichealScott @Anveeroy @AM98GJ @FFXSoul91 @joannester @shoful 11

[Low Scores] @juju 4

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Antonio's Remark ]

My ultimate favorite on Ray Of Light, and my #3 favorite song in Madonna's entire discography. Sonically flawless, the production is incredible, those drums :giveup: and the humming, innovative tbh! May be the predictable winner but we all know it's the best song on here by a landslide.

[My Score] 11

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Chart Run ]

#1 - #3 - #1#1 - #1 - #1 - #1 - #1 - #1

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Commentary ]

above 5

Hide contents

@shoful (11)

"THIS IS THE GEM OF THE ALBUM. THE HEART! THE GREATEST SONG TO EXIST! This song is so beautiful and really shows the power of her newly trained voice! I listen to this song so much. Its addictive! The lyrics, the instrumental, the vocals.... everything about this song is perfect!!!!! Obviously this song is about someone who is "Frozen" to her and that her love will be able to bring them together and ultimately bring eternal happiness and love."

@KING ELIZABITCH (11)

"Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before :giveup:"

@MonsterJames333 (10)

"If a pop song can be sacred, it's gotta be Frozen.  An inspired choice for first single, Frozen was unlike anything ever heard from Madonna before. The whole album was a different experience but Frozen is a grand sweeping representation. Managing to be once cold yet warm at the same time, Frozen is about what you will allow. "If I could melt your heart, we'd never be apart". But it's the delivery of the line "give yourself to me" that gives me chills. Easily one of the best songs in her career and incredibly powerful live, Frozen is a modern day classic."

@Antichrist (10)

"i'd give this a 11/10, but since ROL is my ultimate fav of hers, all i can do is give a 10. an out-of-this-world, innovative, phenomenal, mesmerizing, shocking, career-destroying track. immense respect that she created this, i feel like nobody else but her could pull this off!"

@MAC (10)

"Excellent choice for the first single. Another one of my all time faves. Everything about this is perfect."

@DeanWinchester (10)

"This is the first Madonna song I know whose release is contemporary to my pop music consciousness. I know Madonna from her past hits, but this is the first time I witnessed her artistry first hand--no prior opinions to the track, to its message, to her approach, to her vocals. Just me and my opinion. And I loved it. A lot. And I still do. An amazing ballad with a timeless message. Very good delivery and phrasing. Like Swim, this track capitalizes on Madonna's humming sounds, and it just works so well. It puts so much emotion into the song. In a way, it could be seen as a pained attempt to say something but the words don't come out, because in dealing with someone whose heart and mind is closed, one wrong word can spell disaster. This is like Madonna trying really hard to choose the words she needed to say, and she succeeds in finding the right words. If I could melt your heart...Madonna longs so much to fix things You are the key, but she realizes that there's only so much (or so little) she can do without her lover's consent or cooperation, and it's just so powerful and beautifully done."

@Thomas P (10)

"I WANT TO GIVE YOU AN 11!!! If it weren't for ROL this song would have taken the cake as my favourite. It's probably my favourite ballad by any artist in history."

@Sam Dey (10)

"Hauntingly BEAUTIFUL. This song has a million different meanings to me. One being that it's about struggling with inner demons and trying to set yourself or someone else free from all the darkness in their heart. I just can't explain the emotions that this song gives me. This is a piece of ART at its finest. The MV for this is also hauntingly stunning."

@LoisLilMonster (10)

"What can I say of this masterpiec? Definitely one of Madonna's most beautiful songs ever. Her voice, the violins... With this song you just let perfection flow into your ears and delight you."

@Uncle ARTPOP (10)

"the harmonies, the orchestration... It's so haunting, you feel it. You relate to it you cannot help to, you know someone who has avoided feeling, especially for you."

@Johny Wayne (9)

"At this point the album takes a turn from more uplifting and even sultry songs (Candy Perfume Girl, Skin) to the heartwrenching ballads and Frozen is definitely an impactful way of changing the course of your album. Hauting meolodies, beautiful use of strings. Even though the instrumental takes you to this desert frozen land, Madonna’s warm motherly voice gives you solace in the cold atmosphere and that’s the duality I love about this song."

@Maleficent (8.5)

"Again, I’ve heard this song too much to appreciate it anymore, but the lyrics are some of M’s best."

@monsterdino (8.5)

"I think this track is about Madonna herself, where she talks to her younger self. The title "Frozen" and lyrics contrast with the albums name "Ray Of Light", where I see it as Madonna was "Frozen" before but now when she gave birth to a child and she read the Kabbalah, the sun or the "Ray Of Light" has hit her and melted her frozen heart and opened up her mind. This is a really beautiful mid-tempo electronic ballad and a landmark in Madonna's life, I'm very glad that it became a hit, everything about this track is beautiful, the simplicity, the lyrics, the iconic "mmmm", the video and it's concept/story. Just perfect."

@DontDoubtDavid (8)

"Her voice sounds great song in this song. Beautiful lyrics."

@TheShameMonster (7)

"I don’t see the hype or obsession with this song. It’s too slow-paced and repetitive; the length could’ve been cut by 2 minutes at most. However, the lyrics are very meaningful and the violins along with her hm’s are indeed beautiful."

5 and below

Hide contents

@juju (4)

"I know you hoes will make this song win, because y'alls tastes are so predictable. This song is pretty sweet and I love the humming chorus, but it really is far from the best songs on this album - it's not Top 5 material, although it'd place it high in the Top 10. So just know, I'm judging each of you who make this song fall at the top of this rate, because it's bound to happen. Do auntie Ju a favor and relish in the deeper cuts por favor."

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

shoful

Ready for all you Frozen haters to burn while I sit icy cold

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Antonio
1 hour ago, Antonio said:

[ Chart Run ]

note Ray of Light's chart run. Amazing

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

shoful
Just now, Antonio said:

note Ray of Light's chart run. Amazing

The underdog

That J

@Antonio you were wonderful as always!   Thank you for this.  

Everyone, it was fun.   Good day. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

shoful

NOW MADONNA TAKE NOTES AND SING YOUR GREATEST SONG ON YOUR NEXT TOUR

lost in limbo
Just now, Antonio said:

[#2] Ray Of Light
[Score] 9.385

uF5oFwV.png

[High Scores] @Thomas P @Pink Tape @Bear @halcyonpop @John Slayne @ARPIT @Antichrist @Johny Wayne 11

[Low Scores] @Creyk 1

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Antonio's Remark ]

The only song I can consider to be a "bop" on Ray Of Light, it's the only track that really gets you jumping and singing and it's beautiful, although it didn't succeed commercially as much as Frozen, in my humble opinion it's the more remembered track by the public. On the charts (of this rate) Ray Of Light had an awful start but it climbed each time until it reached the top 2, and even though I don't think it deserves this spot, props.

[My Score] 10

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Chart Run ]

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Commentary ]

above 5

Reveal hidden contents

@Johny Wayne (11)

"If in substitute for love, Madonna has her first realization that she hasn’t been living for the right reasons and in Swim she tries to go into that happier place she finally acknowledges to exist, in Ray Of Light, she finally gets “home”. One of the happiest, most vibrant songs I have ever heard in my life. You can’t sit quiet when it’s playing, it just instantly cheers you up and inspires you to do something, whether that something is to simply dance in a pace that’s so fast you didn’t even know it was humanly possible to do so. I think I can hear the sounds of the Big Bang somewhere in this track because its production just joins so many elements and mechanical sounds to create one of the most powerful electronic dance tracks I’ve ever heard. Definitely my favorite track in Madonna’s discography and a brilliant climax after the 1st two songs."

@Antichrist (11)

"i could write a million paragraphs about this song and it wouldn't justify the love (:ladyhaha:) i have for this song. one of the first songs i ever heard from the queen, THIS GOES WAAAY TO HARD. the whole song is, simply put, PERFECTION. i cant word myself differently, because the emotional attachment i have towards this song is indescribable. all i have to say is that this will forever be the best thing my ears have been blessed with to be able to hear, and i will love madonna forever for giving me such an honour!!!"

@Thomas P (11)

"Its been a constant battle in my life to determine my favourite madonna song, but it's always come between Like a Prayer and Ray of Light. Very recently the latter took the cake, so may we all spaz like Madge in the iconic mv."

@MAC (10)

"Madonna at her best.  Great vocals and energy.  Makes me wanna dance whenever I hear it."

@MonsterJames333 (10)

"With so many perfect dance songs under her belt, there is none quite like the swirling, urgent magnum opus that IS Ray Of Light. The lyrics are fascinating, the chorus is orgasmic and the way all musical elements come screaming together in a crescendo of pure adrenaline in its final 90 seconds, Ray Of Light is a centerpiece in an album full of them. Evita did a voice great and Madonna allows herself to lose control in the best of ways. And the result is thrilling!"

@TheShameMonster (10)

"There is so much power in her vocal delivery that it easily outshines the other elements. This whole song exudes emotional warmth and liberation. I blast this whenever I need a boost to my day."

@DontDoubtDavid (10)

"Really fun song, just makes me feel like dancing."

@shoful (10)

"Another song about finding herself with the discovery of Kabbalah and the birth of her daughter. Madonna talks about just getting home which I could only see as her saying that she finally found herself in the haze that was the fame. Great title track. It really encompasses the themes of everything she has jam-packed into this powerful album."

@DeanWinchester (10)

"The energy of this song WOW! First it lulls you into thinking it's another ballad, but then once the synth hits, your senses are assaulted and you are pulled into a rapidly accelerating high-adrenaline track. The lyrics may not seem empowering literally, but the delivery just makes you almost like you could fly! Or something you haven't done before!"

@Sam Dey (9)

"This song to me is about pure freedom. The lyrics are brilliant. I love how it's a pop song but it still manages to maintain a psychedelic, trance vibe."

@Maleficent (8.5)

"I don’t actually LOVE this song that much… maybe because I’ve heard it too often."

@KING ELIZABITCH (8)

"The biggest electronic dance cut of the album that was a universal success. While it's so anthemic it's not my fave album track. Still love it."

@Uncle ARTPOP (8)

"This song has all the bells and whistles of Swim and executes them perfectly, the vocals are beautiful the visuals are always on POINT."

@Eclipsa (8)

"That beginning for some motive, gives me Vogue beginning vibes. The song is really good, but her vocals feel kind of messy sometimes and the instrumental at times doesn´t help too. Regardless, a bop."

@LoisLilMonster (7.5)

"Her vocals and the melody in this song are undeniably good. However, I don't find it to be so good if we compare it with other stuff on the album."

@juju (7)

"One of the more uptempo tracks from the record, the second official single is a stark contrast to the album's lead, Frozen. It plays with rock music and electronic effects like whistles to make an undeniably-catchy track that is dance-oriented, but unlike anything else in the singers extensive catalogue. However, the biggest surprise is Madge's newfound vocal ability; her tone is crisper and clearer than ever before, showing her improvement post-Evita."

@monsterdino (7)

"I think that this song is about Madonna finally finding what she was looking for, a 'Ray Of Light'. She finally found freedom and clarity, and feels like she was reborn again. This song feels like it's an anthem for Madonna, where she is cutting loose and belts "And I feel like I just got home". But the song is also about her being sad about her mother, she embraces it all on this track the happiness and the sorrow of her life and she won't have it any other way."

5 and below

Reveal hidden contents

none!

[#1] Frozen
[Score] 9.775

IpuzNU0.png

[High Scores] @Antonio @KING ELIZABITCH @androiduser @slayo @MichealScott @Anveeroy @AM98GJ @FFXSoul91 @joannester @shoful 11

[Low Scores] @juju 4

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Antonio's Remark ]

My ultimate favorite on Ray Of Light, and my #3 favorite song in Madonna's entire discography. Sonically flawless, the production is incredible, those drums :giveup: and the humming, innovative tbh! May be the predictable winner but we all know it's the best song on here by a landslide.

[My Score] 11

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Chart Run ]

#1 - #3 - #1#1 - #1 - #1 - #1 - #1 - #1

- - - - - ◆ - - - - -

[ Commentary ]

above 5

Reveal hidden contents

@shoful (11)

"THIS IS THE GEM OF THE ALBUM. THE HEART! THE GREATEST SONG TO EXIST! This song is so beautiful and really shows the power of her newly trained voice! I listen to this song so much. Its addictive! The lyrics, the instrumental, the vocals.... everything about this song is perfect!!!!! Obviously this song is about someone who is "Frozen" to her and that her love will be able to bring them together and ultimately bring eternal happiness and love."

@KING ELIZABITCH (11)

"Talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before :giveup:"

@MonsterJames333 (10)

"If a pop song can be sacred, it's gotta be Frozen.  An inspired choice for first single, Frozen was unlike anything ever heard from Madonna before. The whole album was a different experience but Frozen is a grand sweeping representation. Managing to be once cold yet warm at the same time, Frozen is about what you will allow. "If I could melt your heart, we'd never be apart". But it's the delivery of the line "give yourself to me" that gives me chills. Easily one of the best songs in her career and incredibly powerful live, Frozen is a modern day classic."

@Antichrist (10)

"i'd give this a 11/10, but since ROL is my ultimate fav of hers, all i can do is give a 10. an out-of-this-world, innovative, phenomenal, mesmerizing, shocking, career-destroying track. immense respect that she created this, i feel like nobody else but her could pull this off!"

@MAC (10)

"Excellent choice for the first single. Another one of my all time faves. Everything about this is perfect."

@DeanWinchester (10)

"This is the first Madonna song I know whose release is contemporary to my pop music consciousness. I know Madonna from her past hits, but this is the first time I witnessed her artistry first hand--no prior opinions to the track, to its message, to her approach, to her vocals. Just me and my opinion. And I loved it. A lot. And I still do. An amazing ballad with a timeless message. Very good delivery and phrasing. Like Swim, this track capitalizes on Madonna's humming sounds, and it just works so well. It puts so much emotion into the song. In a way, it could be seen as a pained attempt to say something but the words don't come out, because in dealing with someone whose heart and mind is closed, one wrong word can spell disaster. This is like Madonna trying really hard to choose the words she needed to say, and she succeeds in finding the right words. If I could melt your heart...Madonna longs so much to fix things You are the key, but she realizes that there's only so much (or so little) she can do without her lover's consent or cooperation, and it's just so powerful and beautifully done."

@Thomas P (10)

"I WANT TO GIVE YOU AN 11!!! If it weren't for ROL this song would have taken the cake as my favourite. It's probably my favourite ballad by any artist in history."

@Sam Dey (10)

"Hauntingly BEAUTIFUL. This song has a million different meanings to me. One being that it's about struggling with inner demons and trying to set yourself or someone else free from all the darkness in their heart. I just can't explain the emotions that this song gives me. This is a piece of ART at its finest. The MV for this is also hauntingly stunning."

@LoisLilMonster (10)

"What can I say of this masterpiec? Definitely one of Madonna's most beautiful songs ever. Her voice, the violins... With this song you just let perfection flow into your ears and delight you."

@Uncle ARTPOP (10)

"the harmonies, the orchestration... It's so haunting, you feel it. You relate to it you cannot help to, you know someone who has avoided feeling, especially for you."

@Johny Wayne (9)

"At this point the album takes a turn from more uplifting and even sultry songs (Candy Perfume Girl, Skin) to the heartwrenching ballads and Frozen is definitely an impactful way of changing the course of your album. Hauting meolodies, beautiful use of strings. Even though the instrumental takes you to this desert frozen land, Madonna’s warm motherly voice gives you solace in the cold atmosphere and that’s the duality I love about this song."

@Maleficent (8.5)

"Again, I’ve heard this song too much to appreciate it anymore, but the lyrics are some of M’s best."

@monsterdino (8.5)

"I think this track is about Madonna herself, where she talks to her younger self. The title "Frozen" and lyrics contrast with the albums name "Ray Of Light", where I see it as Madonna was "Frozen" before but now when she gave birth to a child and she read the Kabbalah, the sun or the "Ray Of Light" has hit her and melted her frozen heart and opened up her mind. This is a really beautiful mid-tempo electronic ballad and a landmark in Madonna's life, I'm very glad that it became a hit, everything about this track is beautiful, the simplicity, the lyrics, the iconic "mmmm", the video and it's concept/story. Just perfect."

@DontDoubtDavid (8)

"Her voice sounds great song in this song. Beautiful lyrics."

@TheShameMonster (7)

"I don’t see the hype or obsession with this song. It’s too slow-paced and repetitive; the length could’ve been cut by 2 minutes at most. However, the lyrics are very meaningful and the violins along with her hm’s are indeed beautiful."

5 and below

Reveal hidden contents

@juju (4)

"I know you hoes will make this song win, because y'alls tastes are so predictable. This song is pretty sweet and I love the humming chorus, but it really is far from the best songs on this album - it's not Top 5 material, although it'd place it high in the Top 10. So just know, I'm judging each of you who make this song fall at the top of this rate, because it's bound to happen. Do auntie Ju a favor and relish in the deeper cuts por favor."

Not bothered, just think it's overrated, but still, deserved victory :firega: 

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

Antonio

Archived