💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Don't Hold Your Breath For the Vanguard Award.

bitchimtrying

Featured Posts

Robinladen
3 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

It's not since Gaga stopped being recognized. At least for some of the monsters. 

VMA's is still a big deal in the music world, especially in the commercial music world. We really cannot deny it.

Award shows did lose some relevancy now that tv is no longer the biggest medium. And especially award shows that are targeted towards a young audience like the vma's. They still hold a certain value and can still create a buzz moment like Miley, but I would say they did lose some prestige. People care about Beyoncé and will watch her performance online, but overall you dont read or hear much about the vmas unless if they were able to get that controversial moment they hope for. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester

if Katy gets it, it is well deserved. Does Gaga deserve it first? maybe, but with how she doesn't seem to care for it, then well, congratulations, Katy

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Fame IV

How is that possible if Gaga has twice more VMAs than Katy has. Logically it would go to the artist with more awards (Gaga is the third person with more VMAs, only beyond Beyonce and Madonna). 

A Star is Born ⭐

Fame IV
5 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

if Katy gets it, it is well deserved. Does Gaga deserve it first? maybe, but with how she doesn't seem to care for it, then well, congratulations, Katy

She has to care for it to be recognised? 

That is a strange logic.

A Star is Born ⭐

IllusionLover

I'm skipping VMA's this year, I hope EMAs this year will be better :madge:

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

blackpink

I don't care for the VMAs anymore they're so boring. Gaga is super busy with the tour so I doubt she would pay a much needed visit to the flop music awards anyway 

DonnieDarko
1 minute ago, Dolce Vita said:

I don't care for the VMAs anymore they're so boring. Gaga is super busy with the tour so I doubt she would pay a much needed visit to the flop music awards anyway 

But the kids do care, most of them. This goes further - the same kids use Spotify the most, hence why Gaga is not a streaming force. But yeah, we could debate it all night long and still wouldnt come to some satisfying conclusion.

DonnieDarko
17 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

I really am not sure if Gaga deserves it more than Katy. She does deserve it but our girl's videos quality goes up and down since 2011, while Katy is making good videos one after another and is still getting nominated.

Having said that I do think the snub may have something to do with the whole 2013 situation.

MaryJaneHolland

I believe Xtina is getting it this year and I couldn't be happier.

Gaga will get it eventually.

BlaqJezus

Y'all are kidding right? Katy deserves a VV award before Gaga? Hmmmm, yeah that sounds like crap to me. Lady Gaga doing "normal" video is outrageous for her, the only thing Katy has consistently been, is a thief and a coat-tail rider since Teenage Dream. 

Do you really think that Katy is behind much of her music video themes and productions? Does it seem like Katy is a good dancer to any of you? You actually think that any three of Katy's combined video would equal the talent, hardwork, and true artistry behind a video like, I dunno...Bad Romance or Alejandro or Applause?! Y'all have L-O-S-T I-T if you think Katy hasn't just been making a formulaic version of Eh Eh her entire career up until Bonapetit, while Gaga has been hitting the pavement and killing it and being evolutionary for years. It makes me laugh to think anyone on Gaga daily thinks otherwise, but I always forget half of you were like 2 when The Fame came out...

DeanWinchester
6 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

I really am not sure if Gaga deserves it more than Katy. She does deserve it but our girl's videos quality goes up and down since 2011, while Katy is making good videos one after another and is still getting nominated.

Having said that I do think the snub may have something to do with the whole 2013 situation.

that's why i said "maybe". even then MR is the only letdown in Gaga's recent videos. My annoyance with Gaga is more the fact that she could have done more but she *DOESN'T* care so

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester
20 minutes ago, Fame IV said:

She has to care for it to be recognised? 

That is a strange logic.

because MTV wants their recipient to attend the show

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

SlayGagaloo

Congrats. 

BUT DON'T LET HER PERFORM PLEASE. that's all I'm gonna say :selena:

Over.

Archived