💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Horror Media Database AKA Horror World

n0ne

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Modern Ecstacy said:

I felt like everything was just all over the place. Just random things happening without hardly any context. 

The whole part where they go into the haunted house (the first time) was just sooo typical and stereotypical for a horror movie. Like how they got separated from each other and then the whole "we have to stay together and not let IT divide us" was so cheesy and cringeworthy.

So many things were unexplained and just kinda happened randomly. It just felt like so many things stayed underdeveloped. It was a very strange movie for me. 

Well,how i get Stephen King books and movies is that they are supposed to be a bit cheesy and funny.That's just his take on horror.I like it because of that.I was getting tired of all the jumpscarey and exorcist related horror movies and this one had a couple of new,fresh takes on the horror genre,but yeah i get your point!

STREAM LEGENDARY ON HBO MAX

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to see It this weekend :gum:

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

Review and Release Update

American Horror Story: Cult - Don't Be Afraid of the Dark = 8.5/10

This is the same score I gave the premiere episode but I thought this episode was slightly better. It wasn't as creepy as the premiere but still had it's moments and the suspense was better. I really enjoyed the humor and the character interactions/developments. I'm really digging the new neighbors; I'm very intrigued by the quirkiness and suspiciousness. I really liked the events that unfolded in this episode and am excited so see where the ending leads off next week.

The Hatred, Clowntergeist, and Phenomena are now available on VOD platforms and DVD.

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

ryanripley

i saw IT last night and i can hands down say, it was the best movie released this year

i couldn't sleep after, it was terrifying

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Modern Ecstacy
57 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i saw IT last night and i can hands down say, it was the best movie released this year

i couldn't sleep after, it was terrifying

what??? seriously???

I had the complete opposite experience. I thought the movie was sh*t and absolutely not terrifying at all! I felt super sleepy after it and slept like a baby lol

ryanripley
Just now, Modern Ecstacy said:

what??? seriously???

I had the complete opposite experience. I thought the movie was sh*t and absolutely not terrifying at all! I felt super sleepy after it and slept like a baby lol

omg no! i was terrified and i always thought the whole clown horror cliche was the most tired, overused, boring horror trope ever but i'm fully shook :giveup: 

did you see it in the cinema?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

On 9/4/2017 at 6:49 PM, yes said:

I'm so excited for Cult of Chucky :toofunny: No one understands my love for the Child's Play franchise. Also, does anyone know if there's been any updates on the new Halloween movie?

I'm going to Universal Horror Nights in a couple weeks, my wig's been glued.

I'm excited for the movie as well but I have to say this straight to video and lack of budget approach isn't doing the series any favors. The doll design looks awful. 

In regards to IT, I'd give it a 6-7/10. It was a pretty fun movie, but yes, as someone who read the book, I was a little underwhelmed by it. 

I posted my review in the actual it thread which you can read here if interested:

2 hours ago, Doot said:

In regards to IT, I'd give it a 6-7/10. It was a pretty fun movie, but yes, as someone who read the book, I was a little underwhelmed by it. 

It's being praised how faithful it is to the novel though; many are calling it the best Stephen King adaptation. :oprah:

3 minutes ago, lilmonster93 said:

It's being praised how faithful it is to the novel though; many are calling it the best Stephen King adaptation. :oprah:

It is closer to the novel than the TV movie version, yes.

Is it an exact adaptation, or even close? No.

The entire reason why the Loser Club was even able to defeat IT is written out for the movie. 

Just now, Doot said:

It is closer to the novel than the TV movie version, yes.

Is it an exact adaptation, or even close? No.

The entire reason why the Loser Club was even able to defeat IT is written out for the movie. 

I never think a movie should adapt a novel or source completely otherwise it seems unoriginal and less creative.

Just now, lilmonster93 said:

I never think a movie should adapt a novel or source completely otherwise it seems unoriginal and less creative.

I mean, then they shouldn't adapt anything. Its not their work, technically. 

I personally see no problem adapting something, but this specific novel? It can only be adapted FAITHFULLY by doing a mini series. There are too many big plot points that tie it all together that simply can't be shoved into two two hour films.

1 minute ago, Doot said:

I mean, then they shouldn't adapt anything. Its not their work, technically. 

I personally see no problem adapting something, but this specific novel? It can only be adapted FAITHFULLY by doing a mini series. There are too many big plot points that tie it all together that simply can't be shoved into two two hour films.

Adapting allows a bigger audience to see the original and new work. You can adapt something it being your original work and still show creativity and fresh ideas. Most authors can't direct/write a movie; so they can't adapt their work themselves.

It was already a miniseries and doing a miniseries would reach a smaller audience. Plus the Stranger Things comparisons/criticisms would be even worse.

1 minute ago, lilmonster93 said:

Adapting allows a bigger audience to see the original and new work. You can adapt something it being your original work and still show creativity and fresh ideas. Most authors can't direct/write a movie; so they can't adapt their work themselves.

It was already a miniseries and doing a miniseries would reach a smaller audience. Plus the Stranger Things comparisons/criticisms would be even worse.

I don't know. I can understand certain liberties being taken, such as them moving forward the time period that it is set in, but I personally don't feel that someone adapting the original story and trying to remain as true as possible is unoriginal. The Director isn't the screen writer. I don't think many people at all would state that it was unoriginal. IT was not Andy Muschietti's creation, it was Stephen King's. 

For instance, Stephen King himself has long stated that he thought the movie version of The Shining was pure **** because it was nothing like his novel. Whereas, the movie itself is critically acclaimed. I give the writer of the film props because he was able to successfully use the original story as a template, and create something that, in my opinion, was better than the source material. I fully believe that.

In regards to IT, don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the new film. It's not easy to score even a 6 or a 7 for me, so it succeeded in that. But in regards to how it was adapted given what the director was claiming in interviews? I just don't think this specific novel can be adapted into something as small as a two hour running time movie successfully, in a way that hits all the plot points properly, and successfully builds the characters relationships. The Shining didn't have that issue, because The Shining wasn't a huge ass book set over many decades.

8 hours ago, Doot said:

I'm excited for the movie as well but I have to say this straight to video and lack of budget approach isn't doing the series any favors. The doll design looks awful. 

2n6cd0.jpg

Anderson123

I didn't want to comment on this thread yet because I'm watching It this weekend and want to avoid spoilers and stuff BUT I see that some of you guys are excited about Cult of Chucky and so am I! I am a big fan of that franchise and I used to watch the movies even as a little kid. I remember my dad taking me to the video store and they'd say "Here comes Chucky!" because I'd always pick those movies along with any other Disney ones and I loved that they had a Chucky doll on display lol.

Curse of Chucky was a breathe of fresh air after Seed because that was such a horrible film so I think the new one is going to be good as well. I'm still a little bummed that these are straight to DVD though.

Archived