Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The new 'Justice League' trailer is out

yASSsss

Featured Posts

DeleteMyAccount
19 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I still haven't seen Suicide Squad, mainly because I was never really interested in them in the comics :sweat:

Yeah, it is great that we're going to get more female superheroes/villains movies from DC, and I think it'd be great for Marvel to take a step in that direction.

I've always been a huge fan of Storm, so a Storm solo film could be amazing :icega:

But, I mean compared to DC they don't really have many iconic heroines/female villains, so I don't know how they'd compete with someone like Wonder Woman and the growing popularity of Harley Quinn.

Mantis, Valkerie, and Hela are all new characters being introduced in recent Guardians and Thor Films. And don't forget the all women bodyguards for Black Panther. 

9 hours ago, yASSsss said:

according to the fans who saw the trailer at D23 expo-Thanos throws a ****ing planet on Avengers :air: How is DC going to compete with that :air:

9 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I also heard Thanos cracked part of the moon as an attack move. That already got me hyped. 

but DC may do better, I have faith in Aqua Man and JLA dark tbh.

Cyborg design still bugging me. Looks rough to me tbh. Not sure what others feel/think about it tho.

19 hours ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

INFINITY WAR IS SHOOK

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
5 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

Mantis, Valkerie, and Hela are all new characters being introduced in recent Guardians and Thor Films. And don't forget the all women bodyguards for Black Panther. 

None of them are as iconic as Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn though, and if this Gotham City Sirens movie ever goes into production :sweat:, that could also solidify Catwoman and Poison Ivy. 

🃏🖤👹

DeleteMyAccount
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

None of them are as iconic as Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn though, and if this Gotham City Sirens movie ever goes into production :sweat:, that could also solidify Catwoman and Poison Ivy. 

You said that it's great that DC has a female superhero in their films.. Considering WW finally got her film.

"Yeah, it is great that we're going to get more female superheroes/villains movies from DC, and I think it'd be great for Marvel to take a step in that direction."

However, Marvel has already displayed tons of females in their films now: Invisible Woman, Elektra, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Raven, Jean Grey, Storm, Valkyrie, Hela, Gamora, etc . My point is that it's just interesting to hear you say DC seems to be doing better. Your point had nothing to do with who is more iconic. Just pointing out that Marvel is doing good in that department regardless of popular characters. 

But it would be cool for DC to introduce more female heroes/villains.

Reality
2 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

You said that it's great that DC has a female superhero in their films.. Considering WW finally got her film.

"Yeah, it is great that we're going to get more female superheroes/villains movies from DC, and I think it'd be great for Marvel to take a step in that direction."

However, Marvel has already displayed tons of females in their films now: Invisible Woman, Elektra, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Raven, Jean Grey, Storm, Valkyrie, Hela, Gamora, etc . My point is that it's just interesting to hear you say DC seems to be doing better. Your point had nothing to do with who is more iconic. Just pointing out that Marvel is doing good in that department regardless of popular characters. 

But it would be cool for DC to introduce more female heroes/villains.

In the sense that it'd be great for some more iconic heroines/villains. They're now doing a Captain Marvel movie, which I think is really cool, but all I was saying is that I think that now since DC has hit it big with a female solo movie, it's time for Marvel to do the same, and they are.

I'll be honest, I forgot about all of these female characters you mentioned until you mentioned them, and I suppose in that aspect they are doing great, but Marvel in general just doesn't have as iconic female characters, and that itself doesn't really have anything to do with the movies, it's just how it is.

🃏🖤👹

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

In the sense that it'd be great for some more iconic heroines/villains. They're now doing a Captain Marvel movie, which I think is really cool, but all I was saying is that I think that now since DC has hit it big with a female solo movie, it's time for Marvel to do the same, and they are.

I'll be honest, I forgot about all of these female characters you mentioned until you mentioned them, and I suppose in that aspect they are doing great, but Marvel in general just doesn't have as iconic female characters, and that itself doesn't really have anything to do with the movies, it's just how it is.

You have to understand though that WW has been around much longer than Marvel characters. Same goes for other DC heroes. Taking about iconic roles/women in comics/films is a whole other discussion than female representation. But again, Marvel has already shown female heroes /villains.

yASSsss
5 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

its true. DC has some of the most iconic females characters- Wonder Woman,Harley Quin,Catwoman,Poison Ivy,Batgirl etc. Marvel seriously lacks in this department. 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Reality
2 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

You have to understand though that WW has been around much longer than Marvel characters. Same goes for other DC heroes. Taking about iconic roles/women in comics/films is a whole other discussion than female representation. But again, Marvel has already shown female heroes /villains.

I see your point, and yeah, now that I think about it, Marvel's (or rather FOX with the X-Men, because realistically the more memorable female characters are mutants) had some good female representation.

I'm just happy that with DC we're getting more female representation and when I said more "female representation" for Marvel, I really suppose I meant standalone movies, or at least where the main characters are female. I mean, the X-Men (and again, this is really FOX) has some great female characters—Storm is actually one of my favorite X-Men, and just characters in general—but it was always about like Wolverine and Cyclops and stuff. DC finally rolled out a WW movie and now a possible Batgirl, Gotham City Sirens, and Harley v. Joker movie.  

🃏🖤👹

Reality
5 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

its true. DC has some of the most iconic females characters- Wonder Woman,Harley Quin,Catwoman,Poison Ivy,Batgirl etc. Marvel seriously lacks in this department. 

The only exception I could find are Black Widow the X-Men, but yeah, that's a whole different discussion :sweat:

EDIT - Even then though, with the X-Men, it's really only Storm and Jean Grey (and possibly Rogue), of course there are other important female X-Men but unless you follow them or you just know about them, they're not really prominent.

🃏🖤👹

DeleteMyAccount
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I see your point, and yeah, now that I think about it, Marvel's (or rather FOX with the X-Men, because realistically the more memorable female characters are mutants) had some good female representation.

I'm just happy that with DC we're getting more female representation and when I said more "female representation" for Marvel, I really suppose I meant standalone movies, or at least where the main characters are female. I mean, the X-Men (and again, this is really FOX) has some great female characters—Storm is actually one of my favorite X-Men, and just characters in general—but it was always about like Wolverine and Cyclops and stuff. DC finally rolled out a WW movie and now a possible Batgirl, Gotham City Sirens, and Harley v. Joker movie.  

Fox only makes the movies. Marvel(the comics) still own the X-Men. And in some ways Storm and Jean Grey are much more popular than Wolverine or Cyclops. The movies just made Wolverine the star. 

Marvel really missed their chance with a Black Widow movie though. That could've made her status as a hero so much bigger. I'm only praying that Fox ends up giving up FF and X-Men to the MCU because I want to see a Storm/Black Panther film.

Reality
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

Fox only makes the movies. Marvel(the comics) still own the X-Men. And in some ways Storm and Jean Grey are much more popular than Wolverine or Cyclops. The movies just made Wolverine the star. 

Marvel really missed their chance with a Black Widow movie though. That could've made her status as a hero so much bigger. I'm only praying that Fox ends up giving up FF and X-Men to the MCU because I want to see a Storm/Black Panther film.

Oh well, I know that only FOX makes the movies, but I'd argue about the Storm/Jean Grey vs. Wolverine/Cyclops thing. I do think Cyclops isn't all that popular, but Wolverine is extremely popular, and I think that besides comic geeks (like us :sweat:) and maybe casual fans of the movies, I don't know if Storm and Jean Grey are necessarily outshining Logan.

As for the FF and X-Men franchises, I honestly wouldn't mind more X-Men ones, but I agree with you on FF. I actually really liked the 2005 and 2007 ones, but that was because I was really young and I didn't know better :sweat: I haven't seen the latest one, but I could tell it was bad just by the trailers and stuff.

And yes, I need a Storm solo film or a Storm + Black Panther film!

🃏🖤👹

DeleteMyAccount
Just now, M Monstre said:

Oh well, I know that only FOX makes the movies, but I'd argue about the Storm/Jean Grey vs. Wolverine/Cyclops thing. I do think Cyclops isn't all that popular, but Wolverine is extremely popular, and I think that besides comic geeks (like us :sweat:) and maybe casual fans of the movies, I don't know if Storm and Jean Grey are necessarily outshining Logan.

As for the FF and X-Men franchises, I honestly wouldn't mind more X-Men ones, but I agree with you on FF. I actually really liked the 2005 and 2007 ones, but that was because I was really young and I didn't know better :sweat: I haven't seen the latest one, but I could tell it was bad just by the trailers and stuff.

And yes, I need a Storm solo film or a Storm + Black Panther film!

I LOVED the 05/07 FF movies. And the games. I still want to watch the reboot though. I know it's suppose to be terrible, but Michael B Jordan is in it.. haha.

Reality
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

I LOVED the 05/07 FF movies. And the games. I still want to watch the reboot though. I know it's suppose to be terrible, but Michael B Jordan is in it.. haha.

Oh my god, I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves them :sweat: People always talk sh*t about them, but I'm just like "I didn't think they were bad :laughga:

🃏🖤👹

RAMROD
2 hours ago, ZacharyMark said:

Don't show me these impurities.

Need HQ :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived