💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lust For Grammys - Review

Debithius

Featured Posts

Debithius

So now that we got Lust For Grammys under our belt it's time to review the much anticipated album.

Review

Spoiler

Love - ★★★★★

We are starting off with one of the strongest songs on this album. This song is so beautiful  with the vocals and SFX. It's no surprise it's her most streamed song of the album but I think we have potential smash hits which might dethrone Love soon enough. All in all, one of her best work do date. Bravo :golfclap:

Lust For Life - ★★★★★

Lust for life, the title track of this album is a very strong competitor to Love. I love everything about this song, the melody, the progression and the lyrics. My favorite part of this song must be when they start singing ''Take off, take off, take off all your clothes'' and onwards. I think that Lana and Weeknd compliment each other very well with a very sincere tone to their voices. I also love the sing-talking on this track that Lana always does.

13 Beaches - ★★★★★

Oh my god, this is what I am talking about. 13 Beaches? More like 13 Grammys might become Lana's biggest hit on this album. The instrumental in the beginning is everything! Then she keeps slaying with those vocals oh my god! She is really flexing her vocal skills on this track. This is a fan favorite as well, it's no surprise. I love the subtle SFX's in the background. They really give a depth to the song that I love. They sound so off that they sound amazing in a way. This song gives me chills and might dethrone Love in the future. 

Cherry - ★★★

Cherry is not really a song that impressed me too much. I don't have too much to say about it, I love the ''Bitch'' part of the song but it didn't make me feel anything special but there's no doubt that this is an amazing track even though it's an average Lana track to me.

White Mustang - ★★★

Another short track of Lana's. I like this better than Cherry and I especially love the whistling  in this song. Really makes me want to ride a white mustang :hor: I can't help but feeling that both Cherry and White Mustang are the fillers of this album. I do think that they may be the only fillers though which is good. It gives us more songs with depth to bop to.

Summer Bummer - ★★★★

Everything about this song is perfect and I would have given it 5 stars IF she skipped the rap in this song. I just want to hear her angelic voice and ASAP is very distracting annoying until he starts to actually sing on the track. However, if we forget about that, can we talk about the high picthed singing in the background? Love that! I think that this is the strongest album of Lana's since Born To Die and this song does show in a way that Lana can save any song with her voice alone ;) I am happy that she is trying to evolve and try new things however. Kudos to her. Wether it was a good idéa to include ASAP and Playboi is debatable.

Groupie Love - ★★★★

I like this song more than Summer Bummer I'll be honest. I love the harmonizing when she sings Groupie Love and I think it deserves more attention than summer bummer. I somehow think that Summer Bummer gets more attention than Groupie Love because of the similar title of one of her other songs, Summertime Sadness. Again I wish she could have skipped ASAP but I am happy she is taking chances. ASAP doesn't annoy as much on this track for some reason, maybe cause he didn't get a full minute of the song, more like 15 seconds. This stands as one of my favorites on this album together with Love, Lust For Life and 13 Beaches.

In My Feelings - ★★★★

I love how raw she is in this song. She is not stranger to being vocal about her feelings :giggle: This is another strong competitor to the first three songs of the album and I really think she did a great job with song. It doesn't disappoint me in the slightest even though the lyrics are not her most creative. However that is not a minus since everything doesn't have to be deep all the time but the lyrics are not too simple either. It's just right. The song is still growing on me.

Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind - ★★

I don't know why but I am have such a difficult time getting into this song. It almost feels like JnD but still it's better than JnD. I just feel like the song is all over the place in a way and it just doesn't do anything for me. I would say that this is the weakest song of the album.

God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It - ★★★★★

Yes god, this is so good! I love how she is bringing back the American theme to her album. This is pure perfection and I hope this song will recieve all the credit it deserves. It feels like such a patriotic song and I love it. Makes me feel like I'm an american girl living my dream, running/driving through a desert in a white mustang with an american flag on my back. I think that this song has the guitar to thank for making me fall inlove with this song so quickly. One of my all time favorites by Lana.

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing - ★★★★★

This is a very special song. I think it's up interpretation. I thought that this was a simple love song but the further into the song I got the more I thought it was about something else. I feel like this song is about America and it's people. I was thinking about WW1 and WW2 to be more specific. When the world was at war, America was at it's peak. I think Lana draws parallels between todays America and what America used to be. I guess she is trying to tell America to go back to it's roots or to what made it great back in the day. Instead America chose to go down this route that has created so many problems in the country. It might be the end of America, is this the end of America, what happened? She's asking.

Beatiful People Beautiful Problems - ★★★★

I was so excited to see Stevie Nicks featured on this album! It really works together with Lana's voice and I couldn't imagine anyone else. I love the story behind this song, basically a comment on todays youth and how we take everything for granted. We worry too much about ourselves and insignificant problems that we make a huge deal of. I guess Lana really touched on our selfie obsessed culture with this song. Not many artists have the ability to sound honest and convincing while singing about this topic.

Tomorrow Never Came - ★★★★

This song still grows on me. I love the lyrics the most about this song. I wish I could write lyrics like Lana. It is a sweet love song that makes you either feel better or worse about yourself and your current relationship. I am so happy that I am able to relate to almost every of Lana's songs on this album. I think this song reminds me of something Adele could have written but Lana's songs are so much more interesting. You can still feel that Lana vibe. I think that Sean's voice compliments Lana's voice more than The Weeknd's and Stevie's. It's so easy and soft on my ears. I love it! 

Heroin - ★★★★

I have nothing bad to say about this song other than I wish it didn't take the song three minutes to deliver that punch we get at 3:27. If the entire song sounded like it does after 3:27 it would have been on my top 3 Lust For Life tracks. It's a shame, it would have gotten 5 stars from me but I guess I will have to live with it being a diamond in the rough for me. I will have to let it grow on me.

Change - ★★★★★
This is such a good song! Oh my god I get goosebumps everytime I listen to it. I just have to let the song speak for itself. This is such an unsual Lana track. I wish this song went on forever. I dont have that much to say about it, it kind of left me speechless I guess. It is worth a place on playlist.

Get Free - ★★★★★

I am riding this song's DIC at the moment. I never want to get off this ride. THIS song is my favorite song on the entire album! This song brings tears to my eyes and a sense of nostalgia. Almost like I have a personal relationship with it. I want this so be her next single. I think I would go as far as saying that this song is the best song I have heard in 5 years now. I love the lyrics but I especially love the harmonizing and the way she is singing the chorus! Oh my god, this part is the reason I am sold on this song. It just shows how much she has evolved as an artist and is by far amongst her top 5 tracks. Slay Lana! Her work is way too good for this world.

Album Rating - ★★★★ and a half out of ★★★★★

Lust For Life is the best album of 2017 and DESERVES grammy nominations at least! She deserves so much more attention and credit. This album was a spiritual journey for me. Even though there was some songs I didnt enjoy as much I would say that the majority of the tracks are perfection. I am really hoping she's getting high metacritic scores and I don't want this album to be underrated like Honeymoon. This album has my favorite songs of 2017 and is about to dethrone Joanne as my favorite album so far if it keeps growing on me like this. I think it's definitely worth a buy and remember to stream it on spotify once, stream it on spotify twice.

The Surrealist
8 minutes ago, Debithius said:

This album has my favorite songs of 2017 and is about to dethrone Joanne as my favorite album so far if it keeps growing on me like this

a4py8p.gif

The album is so lackluster. White Mustang and Cherry are the only songs which don't sound like every other song she made. 

Debithius
1 minute ago, Dale Cooper said:

a4py8p.gif

The album is so lackluster. White Mustang and Cherry are the only songs which don't sound like every other song she made. 

Exchuse me <3 It's almost better than Joanne hun :D

Mirages

Came here expecting another she will snatch Gaga's Grammy Nom thread....

...was pleasantly surprised :tony:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Debithius
2 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Came here expecting another she will snatch Gaga's Grammy Nom thread....

...was pleasantly surprised :tony:

honest reviews up in here bitch

AJK273
11 minutes ago, Dale Cooper said:

a4py8p.gif

More like the only songs your ass can twerk too 

giphy.gif

The album is golden boo 

Messy, Petty, Beautiful, Covergirl

littlepotter

An amazing album, hating on it won't make you cool boo 

chaeri pls

Irrelevant

I'm gonna write a Joanne Review after this :laughga:

41 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

Please stop overreating this mediocre album :air: @GGD

It's preference, and LFL is amazing in my ears. 

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

IcePrincess

I don't like it. Cherry is amazing one of the best songs of her but the rest of the album is so boring and predictible 

LordEnigma

This will get no Grammy nominations don't get your hopes up.

Im a big Lana fan but the album hasn't really made an impression on me.

I love 13 Beachs, When The World Was At War, and Summer Bummer.

Sneaky Oliver

I agree with you in almost every thing but Cherry is not a filler it's one of the album highlights for me!!!! :diane:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

The Surrealist
50 minutes ago, AJK273 said:

More like the only songs your ass can twerk too 

giphy.gif

The album is golden boo 

How can I twerk my ass to a slow song like that? :awkney:

Archived