Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lana Del Rey

australiagaga

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

Omg really? Was it played as full?

Yep, but I'm unsure if it was played in full. TV footage cuts you off inevitably, but as the final standings were processed and the commentators had words backstage, I distinctly heard National Anthem begin. Not long before we were cut away, but I certainlly think a good portion would get played. An "Olympic soundtrack" has been compiled for down time between events and this looks like this is one of them, even if it's just a short segment. I don't know how long this has been playing over the last few days but BTD has risen from #17 to #12 on the albums chart, so maybe this played a part? Lana's album has been the most successful in the UK, so here's hoping playing one of her songs to a velodrome packed with British spectators will prove fruitful. I'm not really bothered if the single doesn't go anywhere, as long as her album keeps selling. Selling over 2 million worldwide is amazing for an artist that's been written off as a flop.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ALX

• FrozenKookie

• dc1993

• JudasInTheDark

FrozenKookie

Yep, but I'm unsure if it was played in full. TV footage cuts you off inevitably, but as the final standings were processed and the commentators had words backstage, I distinctly heard National Anthem begin. Not long before we were cut away, but I certainlly think a good portion would get played. An "Olympic soundtrack" has been compiled for down time between events and this looks like this is one of them, even if it's just a short segment. I don't know how long this has been playing over the last few days but BTD has risen from #17 to #12 on the albums chart, so maybe this played a part? Lana's album has been the most successful in the UK, so here's hoping playing one of her songs to a velodrome packed with British spectators will prove fruitful. I'm not really bothered if the single doesn't go anywhere, as long as her album keeps selling. Selling over 2 million worldwide is amazing for an artist that's been written off as a flop.

Yeah, just look how an irrelevant bold-blonde-b---h escalated unrealistically and so quickly. I'm still proud of her :golfclap:

OMG.

Lana Del Rey posing for Ellen Von Unwerth for the August issue of Vogue Italia.

Parts of the interview, about the new album:

"Del Rey is the mirror in which America likes to look into these days. Embodying a sophisticated blend between retromania music mentioned in by English music critic Simon Reynolds, to the iconography of Mad Men, a bit of spirit and an alternative cinematic sensibility out of the ordinary."

Her next album will be with the theme "West Coast", "It will be a re-release (to the first record, Born to die which was more of a mysterious music) with eight new songs, and will be released in November. The sound is inspired heavily by the Doors, by LA, the integrity of the sixties, when the music was more spiritual and made ​​people feel more alive." - Lana Del Rey, herself for the upcoming project.

Love the sound of this! Sounds like her Hippy EP ;)

I think it's definitely going to sound like LDR :party:

Really? from The Doors, the 60s spiritualism in music and LA, you think LDR-sounding? I think the demo of Lucky Ones has a pretty folksy vibe, could be an early test of the sound she was trying out? :) either way, we're garunteed brand new Lana material - so happy!

JudasInTheDark

Lana is about to hit 2 million copies of BTD sold ww. Good for her! I'm super pumped for Novemeber atm. :)

Tommymonster44

If it's organic I hope it's an actual orchestral quartet or quintet instead of a computer generated orchestra

^^ This. I love electronic music. When it's produced right, it sounds amazing. But traditional instruments such as a guitar, piano, orchestra, etc, should be played in the format they were meant to be played in. Just like it wouldn't go well trying to make a dubstep bass-line on a Cello, it doesn't work when you synthesize a violin.

FrozenKookie

Can somebody please explain to me why others call Lizzy Grant A.K.A LDR as Nevada?

Lana Del Rey

Can somebody please explain to me why others call Lizzy Grant A.K.A LDR as Nevada?

A while ago on her old label's website (5points records) there was some MP3s from the album, they were tagged with the album name 'Nevada Master Ref 1'. It was a working title.

And it's Lana Del Rey A.K.A. Lizzy Grant, not the other way round.

Edited by Lana Del Rey

FrozenKookie

A while ago on her old label's website (5points records) there was some MP3s from the album, they were tagged with the album name 'Nevada Master Ref 1'. It was a working title.

And it's Lana Del Rey A.K.A. Lizzy Grant, not the other way round.

Wow, thank you for explaining :sara:

Mariann

Vogue Italia (Behind The Scenes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBkTyc1pAgM

Edited by Mariann

What is she saying in the first part of the chorus to "She's Not Me?"

"When you think you're over me and your ???? baby's dead and gone."