💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lana Del Rey

australiagaga

Featured Posts

Oh I never got that! Did the director/Lana like say that or something?

Nah it was just an idea I had :) But yknow, there's scenes in the video where she's channelling Marilyn a lot more than Jackie O and he's got his cap on. Jusssssayin!

This theorie sounds ****ty. But it could be true. In the beginning she is obviously Marilyn and when she is on the balcony she looks more like Marilyn and not like Jackie O.

thumbs-up.jpg

;) but yeah as I said, there's scenes in which she channels M alot more than J

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ALX

• FrozenKookie

• dc1993

• JudasInTheDark

Inside the strange world of Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey has become as reviled as she is revered since making it big. Greg Dixon talks to the singer about the internet backlash, what she wants from music and why she prefers writing alone to being on stage.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10825015

Wolf Boy

Inside the strange world of Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey has become as reviled as she is revered since making it big. Greg Dixon talks to the singer about the internet backlash, what she wants from music and why she prefers writing alone to being on stage.

http://www.nzherald....jectid=10825015

She says she'll be going on tour again next year with a full band/show. Yes!

I'm praying so she's including Asia. :ohno:

VICKILEEKX

OMG.

Lana Del Rey posing for Ellen Von Unwerth for the August issue of Vogue Italia.

Parts of the interview, about the new album:

"Del Rey is the mirror in which America likes to look into these days. Embodying a sophisticated blend between retromania music mentioned in by English music critic Simon Reynolds, to the iconography of Mad Men, a bit of spirit and an alternative cinematic sensibility out of the ordinary."

Her next album will be with the theme "West Coast", "It will be a re-release (to the first record, Born to die which was more of a mysterious music) with eight new songs, and will be released in November. The sound is inspired heavily by the Doors, by LA, the integrity of the sixties, when the music was more spiritual and made ​​people feel more alive." - Lana Del Rey, herself for the upcoming project.

OMG.

"Del Rey is the mirror in which America likes to look into these days. Embodying a sophisticated blend between retromania music mentioned in by English music critic Simon Reynolds, to the iconography of Mad Men, a bit of spirit and an alternative cinematic sensibility out of the ordinary."

Her next album will be with the theme "West Coast", "It will be a re-release (to the first record, Born to die which was more of a mysterious music) with eight new songs, and will be released in November. The sound is inspired heavily by the Doors, by LA, the integrity of the sixties, when the music was more spiritual and made ​​people feel more alive." - Lana Del Rey, herself for the upcoming project.

:omg: :omg: :omg:

OMG.

West Coast?

Please sound like the AKA album :cry:

StrawberryBlond

Just heard National Anthem playing in the veldrome at the Olympics, during the break! Weird, considering the Olympics are in London, but I see the obvious connection! Any promotion is welcome!

LDR and BTD are incomparable imo. I love the vibe the album has, it's a really naice album :)

Driving, Shes Not Me and Kinda Outta Luck are all from totally different sessions than Sirens :) Welcome to the confusing past-discography of Lana Del Rey ;)

Ok, thanks! I kinda want to spread her material out over time, so I never get bored of her and always have something new to discover, as she doesn't seem like the sort of artist to release a new album every year.

Result! She came to Glasgow at the end of last year, before her album had even got released and I didn't even know she was touring, so that was a shame. Here's hoping she comes back to Scotland again.

FrozenKookie

8 tracks? I thought it was only 7? :huh: well yay for +1 :party:

Just heard National Anthem playing in the veldrome at the Olympics, during the break! Weird, considering the Olympics are in London, but I see the obvious connection! Any promotion is welcome!

Omg really? Was it played as full?

MuffinMan

"It will be a re-release (to the first record, Born to die which was more of a mysterious music) with eight new songs, and will be released in November. The sound is inspired heavily by the Doors, by LA, the integrity of the sixties, when the music was more spiritual and made ​​people feel more alive." - Lana Del Rey, herself for the upcoming project.

:excited2:

I wonder if it'll have subtle electronic elements as we've had in this album or if she'll go for a more organic instrumentation.

:excited2:

I wonder if it'll have subtle electronic elements as we've had in this album or if she'll go for a more organic instrumentation.

If it's organic I hope it's an actual orchestral quartet or quintet instead of a computer generated orchestra