• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ALX

• FrozenKookie

• dc1993

• JudasInTheDark

Well, I can sing about loving tomatoes and despise them :laughga: It doesnt necessarily mean she had a dead boyfriend

In one interview, when asked if the guy knew about all these songs being written about him, Lana replied "his mother knows" (I believe this is from the Taratata interview), and in the Myspace interview she says "Im always singing about the same goddam guy","I'll love him forever" and it doesn't sound like a current relationship, or a relationship that she had any say in ending - and in another interview, on the topic of people's responses to BTD, she said that people respond so well because "i really did do all the things i say i did, on the record" So just from these things, we know that the record's themes all come from issues in her life. And then you get onto lyrics such as "I wish I was dead, dead like you" "Im hoping at the gates, they'll tell me that you're mine" "All my friends tell me I should move on" "Im scared that you won't be waiting on the other side" etc.

I'd say it's pretty obvious that she lost him, he died. Could've been to do with d--gs and that's why she got sober, who knows.

Degenerate Beauty

She said in one interview that shes still having contact with him and that she lives on his couch.

He is not dead.

She said in one interview that shes still having contact with him and that she lives on his couch.

He is not dead.

Well that wouldn't correlate with "Does he know the songs are about him?" - "His Mother knows"

unless he's deaf of course

Degenerate Beauty

Exactly.

I still think she is "dead" in a deep and metaphoric way. She feels empty and alone and just "dead".

Alcina Dimitrescu

In one interview, when asked if the guy knew about all these songs being written about him, Lana replied "his mother knows" (I believe this is from the Taratata interview), and in the Myspace interview she says "Im always singing about the same goddam guy","I'll love him forever" and it doesn't sound like a current relationship, or a relationship that she had any say in ending - and in another interview, on the topic of people's responses to BTD, she said that people respond so well because "i really did do all the things i say i did, on the record" So just from these things, we know that the record's themes all come from issues in her life. And then you get onto lyrics such as "I wish I was dead, dead like you" "Im hoping at the gates, they'll tell me that you're mine" "All my friends tell me I should move on" "Im scared that you won't be waiting on the other side" etc.

I'd say it's pretty obvious that she lost him, he died. Could've been to do with d--gs and that's why she got sober, who knows.

This is what I wanted, an explanation. Its not that I dont believe its just I dont stan for Lana, I just have BTD and that was relatively recent :laughga:

Edited by LilMonstruo

Fanta

National Anthem is just too flawless, and that ending

All I need in my life right now is the Summertime Sadness video and a video for Lolita :giveup:

Squidward T

National Anthem video is good but I thought it was stupid having a black guy play JFK (and no I'm not racist)

National Anthem video is good but I thought it was stupid having a black guy play JFK (and no I'm not racist)

i know what you mean, but stupid IS the wrong word (it implies racism, imo). i'd say odd--because a black man portraying JFK is certainly odd, haha :)

Bonus tracks in iTunes quality? Anyone? Before July 1st

I'll get'em for you, one sec!

EDIT: Here you go! http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f31pp6dx7q45f63

Edited by Ace

I'll get'em for you, one sec!

EDIT: Here you go! http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f31pp6dx7q45f63

:wub: thanks

I hated her so much when everyone was comparing her to Jesus, but now that everything's cooled down, I'm falling in love with Lawnaw Getting really into her Lizzie Grant EP thing, I love love love 'Jump' so much because it's so... dark. but the instrumental is happy. I love that ****. 'Smarty' is perfect too :hor:

Does anyone have any Lana wallpapers? I can't find any good ones.

Just google 'Lana Del Rey' and in the sidebar select 'Large Images' ;)