• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ALX

• FrozenKookie

• dc1993

• JudasInTheDark

Kermit the frog

It's sort of a metaphor.

Lana plays Jackie O and Rocky is playing JFK.

The message Lana is trying to portray is that she felt like a first lady when she was together with her boyfriend, but then she lost him.

I also think the whole album is about that one boyfriend, and I'm pretty sure he died somehow.

Thanks! She always friggin delivers with videos. I also love her voice, so I hope she's here to stay ;)

FrozenKookie

I was crying that was the literal perfection :giveup:

Alcina Dimitrescu

the beginning is referencing Marilyn Monroe singing Happy Birthday to JFK. For the rest of the video Lana plays Jackie O (JFK's wife). Marilyn is famously known/rumoured to have had an affair with JFK. The music video is basically re-enacting the Kennedy familys home videos :) and the ending is obviously re-enacting his famous murder.

I think Lana just relates the story to her own, of her boyfriend dying. It's so beautiful, imo.

I think the video is supose to mislead. To make people think that it will be about everyone's favorite Government Hooker (Marylin) when it actually is about Jackie and Kennedy

And dead boyfriend? I need an explanation

Kermit the frog

Isn´t it obvious?

It would be obvious if we weren't told that it was some "next level **** we would understand in 2015", so I was looking for something deeper.

MattyMonster

It would be obvious if we weren't told that it was some "next level **** we would understand in 2015", so I was looking for something deeper.

I´m sorry if I sounded b---hy :giveup:

Kermit the frog

I´m sorry if I sounded b---hy

It did and I'm bleeding right now, I hope you're happy.

SS #16 in German Itunes :legend:

Sorry, but I laughed :smh:

The video is incredible, it's easily the most 'Lana' video she's done considering there's a mix of her professional video style and her homemade video style. It's very organic and fresh. It's probably my favorite video of hers, but I need to see it a few more times. I'm really excited to see Summertime Sadness though, the promo shots were just amazing.

MattyMonster

It did and I'm bleeding right now, I hope you're happy.

I have so much influence on you? You keep bleeding love?

tumblr_m64tuyfFJj1r1tu3m.gif

And dead boyfriend? I need an explanation

If the video wasn't enough to tell, the lyrics from Dark Paradise pretty much give it away. ("Dead like you")

DimitriLGCollector

SS #16 in German Itunes :legend:

It's normal. SS is the new digital single in Germany.