💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Lana Del Rey

australiagaga

Featured Posts

no, i'm saying so few people are talking about the video because all everyone cares about is PD

i don't really understand the video though...is the black guy supposed to be JFK? what's with the beginning. i don't get it at all, the point of it, etc.

the beginning is referencing Marilyn Monroe singing Happy Birthday to JFK. For the rest of the video Lana plays Jackie O (JFK's wife). Marilyn is famously known/rumoured to have had an affair with JFK. The music video is basically re-enacting the Kennedy familys home videos :) and the ending is obviously re-enacting his famous murder.

I think Lana just relates the story to her own, of her boyfriend dying. It's so beautiful, imo.

Edited by dc1993

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ALX

• FrozenKookie

• dc1993

• JudasInTheDark

the beginning is referencing Marilyn Monroe singing Happy Birthday to JFK. For the rest of the video Lana plays Jackie O (JFK's wife). Marilyn is famously known/rumoured to have had an affair with JFK. The music video is basically re-enacting the Kennedy familys home videos :) and the ending is obviously re-enacting his famous murder.

I think Lana just relates the story to her own, of her boyfriend dying. It's so beautiful, imo.

i noticed how seductively she sang happy birthday, ok, that makes sense.

that's so interesting--she really is an artist. i'm very impressed.

just out of curiousity, did jackie o ever comment on marilyn or the affair? like, how she felt about him and her after his murder? (forgiveness, etc.)

or is that what the ending monologue is about...?

i noticed how seductively she sang happy birthday, ok, that makes sense.

that's so interesting--she really is an artist. i'm very impressed.

just out of curiousity, did jackie o ever comment on marilyn or the affair? like, how she felt about him and her after his murder? (forgiveness, etc.)

or is that what the ending monologue is about...?

I don't know enough about Jackie O to know if she commented on Marilyn Monroe directly, but you might like this - http://blog.jokeroo.com/2011/09/14/tapes-reveal-jackie-kennedys-sharp-tongue/ it seems as if she only ever referenced Marilyn as being one of JFKs "other women".

The ending monologue, imo, is about Lana's dead boyfriend, under the guise of a Jackie O-type speech :)

tumblr_l973wh0n2H1qdkas8o1_500.jpg

I can so imagine Lana being photographed like this

I thought I wouldn't like it, 'cause I'm pretty tired of this retro videos (almost every video we've got is like this), but this time it felt as part of the story, something that took place some decades ago, not just Lana trying to look vintage. I loved it.

But my body is really ready for the Summertime Sadness video, I need more of this masterpieces with impecable photography like Born To Die and Blue Jeans ♥

I thought I wouldn't like it, 'cause I'm pretty tired of this retro videos (almost every video we've got is like this), but this time it felt as part of the story, something that took place some decades ago, not just Lana trying to look vintage. I loved it.

But my body is really ready for the Summertime Sadness video, I need more of this masterpieces with impecable photography like Born To Die and Blue Jeans ♥

NA is her peak, in terms of video-artistry so far. I feel like SS video will be more "standard" and not as good :sweat:

SS will be a video like BTD and BJ.

NA is right in between HER persoonal videos and the two i mentioned above--it has the finesse and production of the real music videos, but it's very organic and authentic like her homemade ones.

I really like this video, definitely an improvement from Carmen and I'm glad this video was in color. It was stunning

:cry: What did I just watch? That slayed my whole life. :worship:

i feel the same, it's so amazing

NA is right in between HER persoonal videos and the two i mentioned above--it has the finesse and production of the real music videos, but it's very organic and authentic like her homemade ones.

That's why I liked it, it wasn't just random retro clips and Lana trying to look vintage like every other video, it had elements from her personal videos but with this professional music video touch, I loved it ♥