US Charts Discussion (Part 4)

Americano

Featured Posts

Oyemiamor

I love the production in Only Girl In the World :flutter:

Living Things by Linkin Park is #1 on albums

Is it really gonna outsell Maroon 5?

Linkin Park’s Living the high life.

The veteran Warner Bros. rap-rockers will debut at #1 on the next HITS Album sales chart with their fifth studio album, Living Things, which looks headed to an opening week of between 220-240k, according to one-day sales reports from those retailers who haven’t paved paradise and put up a parking lot. It’s the first chart-topper for WEA this year.

That compares favorably with their last album, A Thousand Suns, which debuted in Sept. 2010 with 241k, and went on to sell 845k.

A&M/Octone act Maroon 5 prove the power of television, as lead singer Adam Levine’s stint on The Voice has led to a first-week projection between 190-210k, which would top the debut of the band’s last album, Hands All Over. That one entered the charts with 142k in sales in Sept. 2010, just a week after Linkin Park’s last album, coincidentally enough.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Ozzy8923

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

Innovative

I admit I've never really listen to the entire album. I'm basing my opinion on her live performances and they have left me disappointed.

The NA video was on point though. I wanna give her a chance, she seems worth it, but I just have this feeling she'll fade away and all I'll be left with is a couple of her CDs and a few videos. It might sound shallow, but I'm looking for longevity when deciding to stan for someone. :)

Why can't you just be a fan of someone without worrying about how long they last? That makes no sense. If you like the music, it doesn't matter what your "left with" if they fail to make hits in the future. You are left with music that you enjoy.

CoolTrainerTerry

Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling becomes the first song in US digital history to pass 8M downloads

:clap:

I saw her new video today, and I'm very impressed by it...at the same time I just don't get her appeal. Yeah, she's pretty...and her style is unique, but I just don't see why people love her to the point of having her face tattooed on their bodies. :shrug:

Speaking of Lana, I actually saw someone in a Lana shirt a few days ago. It was very random.

Edited by CoolTrainerTerry

Arturo

Linkin Park’s Living the high life.

The veteran Warner Bros. rap-rockers will debut at #1 on the next HITS Album sales chart with their fifth studio album, Living Things, which looks headed to an opening week of between 220-240k, according to one-day sales reports from those retailers who haven’t paved paradise and put up a parking lot. It’s the first chart-topper for WEA this year.

That compares favorably with their last album, A Thousand Suns, which debuted in Sept. 2010 with 241k, and went on to sell 845k.

A&M/Octone act Maroon 5 prove the power of television, as lead singer Adam Levine’s stint on The Voice has led to a first-week projection between 190-210k, which would top the debut of the band’s last album, Hands All Over. That one entered the charts with 142k in sales in Sept. 2010, just a week after Linkin Park’s last album, coincidentally enough.

WOW. I thought Maroon 5 would make Linkin Park's debut laughable.

Whatever, guess I was wrong. I really don't care because I love them both :flutter:

Valentino

Why can't you just be a fan of someone without worrying about how long they last? That makes no sense. If you like the music, it doesn't matter what your "left with" if they fail to make hits in the future. You are left with music that you enjoy.

That's true...however, I said "stan" not "fan". :cheerup: Imo, they're at 2 completely different levels. :) For an example, I'm a fan of Tweet, love her music, listening to 'Call Me' right now, happy to have her songs in my collection, but I don't stan for her. I certainly wouldn't have her face tattooed on me.

Aaliyah is another great example of someone I stan for. I have all her albums, and I plan on having her symbol tattooed on me at some point.

Speaking of Lana, I actually saw someone in a Lana shirt a few days ago. It was very random.

Well at least they can take that off. :P

boysboysboys

The new Gaga song is amazingness :wub: :wub: :wub:

I love the production in Only Girl In the World :flutter:

It was impeccable. Rihanna's pitchyness and bad range held it down, sadly.

Well she seems like the real deal. If she is indeed, like you said, she'll be around for as long as she wants. :)

She has a solid market now, and the critics mostly like her, but she still has a long way to go.

Who doesn't?

I'm not the biggest fan. I remember when I first heard it I thought it sounded like a dance song from like 2004. It still sounds like a dated dance song to me...

CoolTrainerTerry

I'm not the biggest fan. I remember when I first heard it I thought it sounded like a dance song from like 2004. It still sounds like a dated dance song to me...

It's one of the songs I skip when I listen to Loud, tbh.

Valentino

The new Gaga song is amazingness :wub: :wub: :wub:

She has a solid market now, and the critics mostly like her, but she still has a long way to go.

Yes it is :wub: and yes she does.

boysboysboys

My favorite on LOUD was S&M.

Ugh. Great production, but that song is repetition galore.

I wonder why Loud got nominated in the Grammys and 4 didn't.

Yes it is :wub: and yes she does.

How are things here, Tino? Did WA get the #1? Are WHYB and Boyfriend still on the Top 10?

DaEdgeOfGloryYo

WHYB is top 5 now? Not bad.

I like Gaga's new song. I hope it isn't another "You & I". or "Hair".

Valentino

How are things here, Tino? Did WA get the #1? Are WHYB and Boyfriend still on the Top 10?

Yes, I heard 'WHYB' has risen to #5 on the Hot100 this week, not sure about 'Boyfriend', but it's likely gone down. Why, what have you heard? :hor:

hausofmike

Yes, I heard 'WHYB' has risen to #5 on the Hot100 this week, not sure about 'Boyfriend', but it's likely gone down. Why, what have you heard? :hor:

Boyfriend fell out of top 10

boysboysboys

Boyfriend fell out of top 10

:taylor:

I wanted WHYB to fall and Boyfriend to rise.

Radio, how could you?